Sign in to follow this  
Fabryz

[MMO Sandbox 2D] Haven and Hearth

Is there a wurm comunity or what? doh i already made a house and farm and no reply....

I'm still playing, it's a really cool game

I joined a proper village though

As an ex H&H hardcore, I would suggest you guys don't post your Hearth secrets, or at least change them as soon as possible. ;)

Made an account I wouldnt mind playing with other wurm players, any particular village I should join?

could join my place, hearth secret muffin, the house is at your left.  should be marked on map.

do not use basic hearth secrets, especially not 'muffin' that's the kind of word that can be guessed by the bored ppl who sit there guessing hearth secrets all day as a method of finding ppl to raid

Join us now haha, things are goign great at the moment :D

Here is my place and i must say its coming out great

[image]

thx for summing up exactly why i didnt stick around with wurm n00bz

Join us now haha, things are goign great at the moment :D

Here is my place and i must say its coming out great

Untitled.png

being a noob is the must part of any game. Later you grow out to be an old fart that seems to have a big poo under his nose at alll times living in his uber-pallisade-fort raiding newbie settlements for the lulz.

And its fun to start out at a new game from an already existing community.

hahaaa, Global chat is a death sentance! especially when you T-bag some pro guys girlfreind and screenshot n shout about it on global! opps.. ;D

Gonna start playing, anyone willing to take me under their wing?

Hmm.

Went around playing for a while, trying to come to terms with the 'curiosity' system.

Look at the wiki for a second.

*Splatter* look back to find myself dead. Some random guy came up on a boat, one shotted me, and then finished me off. This seems a bit silly given the games perma death system.

Hmm.

Went around playing for a while, trying to come to terms with the 'curiosity' system.

Look at the wiki for a second.

*Splatter* look back to find myself dead. Some random guy came up on a boat, one shotted me, and then finished me off. This seems a bit silly given the games perma death system.

Welcome to Haven & Hearth. ;) It's probably less about killing you, and more about harvesting your delicious, easy LP.

I've played H&H before- I preferred the grinding system rather than the curiosity one. I can't find any "curiosities" at all, or make any.

As far as I know, the curio system was put into place to discourage botting. Some people had to go offline for work, sleep, school and the like, while others were on 24/7 with a steady stream of LP. LP-gain from actions was significantly reduced and shifted more towards curio, to close the gap between botters and non-botters since the devs didn't want to go about dropping banhammers or implementing serious anti-bot measures.

I'm surprised it took until mid/late W3 before botting came about.

To be honest, I'd rather compete with botters than have the game going eve-online style on me. The "waiting for skill" thing has always made me disdain that game. This isn't as bad, because you have to find/craft/ect the things you gain skill from, but anything that allows me to spend 20 minutes playing the game, and then another 8 hours sleeping/playing pingpong/walking my cat/ect is an awfully funny system to me.

actually it takes long if you want to keep yourself going with a full study of best curios

a lot of the best curios are forageables so they are not easy to collect in mass

I played hnh (like every game) very active and even then I sometimes went without some of the good curios like edelweiss, bluebell, flotsam, enthroned toad simply because I couldnt be bothered spending time foraging for it

and theres plenty you can do if you're sorted with curios, like build up village, craft stuff, make money, go hunting/pvping

it is just as important, like in wurm, to get good gear as well as good skills in pvp, also, you can buy gear that boosts your learning ability, like I had 2 60ql ring of brodgars which made mines 420% faster LP gain, also I had pearl necklace at one point

i can only assume u are make opinion of game from low level perspective rather than actually having properly played it

I never said I wasn't. I've played Haven and Hearth in the past, and I found it to be a much more enjoyable game when the grinding system was in, rather than the curiosity one. Learning points used to make tons of actions seem rewarding, so building your village/fishing/cutting up trees had the added benefit of making you stronger, as well as actually getting something accomplished in the game. To separate the ability to become stronger in the game from actually playing it is a fatal flaw. Sure, you get curiosities randomly from doing some actions, but then, there are others you need to go out of your way to get. I don't like that idea. It doesn't mean H&H is an unenjoyable game, simply that I believe they have taken it in the wrong direction with the curiosity system.

It's rather fun in the since of the risk/reward factor of playing. You do feel like you're doing something genuinely difficult, as things take time to do and you run the risk of losing your character forever. The death system is entirely unforgiving, especially to someone who pumped all their points (as everyone does, really) into peace/change. The idea that you can kill people and screw them entirely is as attractive as it is ugly, and taking that away from the game would make it much less unique and enjoyable. I'm not sure what rewards stronger players reap from annihilating newbies (although, apparently offing people you can two shot is worth LP), but it is part of the game in the end.

Apart from the swimming system, i think Haven and hearth is the best thing to happen since wurmonline XD

and yes that includes minecraft and final fantasy 99 (or whatever)

I just tried it, and it seems fun.  but I have issues, first movement sucks... I mean I click and it just keeps snapping my toon back before going to it's clicked destiantion, and other times it keeps running into anything and everything getting stuck.  Easy to work around but very annoying.

Also... atm I'm starving, I can't figure out how to eat or drink, right clicking water does nothing.  And I have the fishing skill, and made a fishing pole... yet when I equip it and try to fish it tells me I have to equip it fully to use... wtf does that mean?

It looks fun but I am a noob and could use some info, really don't want to die in my first 2 hours lol.

so I can only drink from a fountain, or some container... that I can't make cause I can't find anything anywhere except trees lol

Can't kill anything cause it seems to just keep running away.

Can't farm cause I can't get seeds cause I can't harvest... big circle there

Have yet in 4 hours to see 1 other person, so no one to ask or team up with.

Can't even seem to fight or attack so if I did find a rabbit again, how the hell am I to kill it?

Can't make a complete fishing rod cause I need string and need other materials I can't find or get to make string as .... gah i give up

Is the game really supposed to be this ass backwards?  Can I get some pointers on what to do lol.  I'm alone in this multiplayer game it seems.