I still want fire. 

I knew it! :P

• Like 2

Just now, Firestarter said:

I knew it! :P

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Keenan said:

And the added "shooting at boats to damage and reduce effective QL" will add some dynamic I think. I still want fire. FIRE. LIGHT THE WORLD ON FIRE.

S..sorry... I get a little excited...

Build me flaming cauldrons of tar to catapult!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Keenan said:

And the added "shooting at boats to damage and reduce effective QL" will add some dynamic I think. I still want fire. FIRE. LIGHT THE WORLD ON FIRE.

is there a comparison we can wrap our minds around b4 the said tests begin (not for ranting sakes of course)\

say like i do now i travel alone and i go roughly 6.2 km/h on rowing my knarr.. that is  one person powering the boat  no winds in effect which is what the defacto speed should be ... so then  you add in ql.. which mine is 42 i believe what would be my speed on new rules??.  and simply put more or less speed than i have now.. being at the lowest end 1/7th the max rowers at roughly 1/2 the old factoring  plus a 40ql factor at basically 5  times the old amount  for current speed.. will i go faster or slower and where is the cutoff for speed difference on 1 rower??? If i made much sense.. since on PVE more and more as of late i travel alone and want to know how much i will have to imp my boat to at least obtain the old speeds?? Oe is that not simple to quantify or maybe use 50 ql or let us know what is the median ..is it 50ql or is it say a median of 30 where anything higher speeds up the boat anything lower slows it down form old speeds.. ?? 

Edited by Psalamon

7 hours ago, Griffith said:

how do i stop it? timelapse 0? timelapse off? quit the game? didnt see any info on wurmpedia keybinds page.

Doing any movement should stop it.

• Like 2

Tbh when I saw the title Fashion and Fighting... this came to mind:

• Like 1

Yay for more clothing! :)

Pleasepleaseplease let us buy hand mirrors from traders now that they can't be traded in backpacks. Would be nice to make changes to character appearance - I don't think it's at all game breaking either to e.g. change hair or some facial features for a defined cost in silver.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Keenan said:

We made archery towers shoot at (and eventually sink boats) on Desolation V3. It made for a more interesting dynamic for deed raids.

do these new cloths count as armor? i would love to be able to put on some cloths and still use oakshell as armor

On 7/8/2016 at 1:14 PM, Etherdrifter said:

Into *your* lives, I'm the guy standing at the back casting the heal spells and wearing ligher armour/riding a faster horse.  Odds are its not going to be me who gets killed while you wait for that nice long 5 min cooldown after a power 5 heal cast ;)

except that's not how pvp goes because no matter who you are or what you do if you're dumb enough to come in anything under plate you'll get killed first so obviously you don't know what you're talking about as is 95% of the people having strokes over pvp stuff

also everyone rides 5 speed horses so everyone has the same horse there's no 'faster' one 

:^)

• Like 2

So, um, when is this clothing thing happening?  This week? This Friday?  When do we get a fashion show?

• Like 2

I am excited but also very curious about how clothing will be implemented.

Right now I wear armor constantly because Wurm is a land of endless random spider attacks (OH GOD WHYYYY?!). Also, being a game, armor doesn't have the downsides of real armor other than weight, so if I have the strength for it there's no reason not to be fully armored at all times and lots of reasons to do so.

So if clothing just goes in armor slots, I worry that it may not see much use outside my priest who is cloistered away in the temple forever.

On 9-7-2016 at 4:46 PM, elroth said:

do these new cloths count as armor? i would love to be able to put on some cloths and still use oakshell as armor

could someone please answer this question, since for any fo priest that wanna be oakshelling and look awesome its important :P

here's the black cloth pants with

black belted vest,                                 red tunic, and                   green tunic

pNBR8zI.jpg

brown striped breeches and red sleeves               green sleeves with green pants

6PzfRnz.jpg

Edited by KyleBooze
  • Like 3

Since the clothes go in the armour slots it doesn't really matter how they look because we won't be able to wear them anyway. +/-1 eh, you get a good job shrug

23 minutes ago, Aeris said:

Since the clothes go in the armour slots it doesn't really matter how they look because we won't be able to wear them anyway. +/-1 eh, you get a good job shrug

What's wrong with the clothes going into your armor slot?

1 minute ago, Worksock said:

What's wrong with the clothes going into your armor slot?

you don't get the protection of armor if you're wearing clothes...

• Like 1

Just now, KyleBooze said:

you don't get the protection of armor if you're wearing clothes...

so carry a set of armor with you if it's needed

I don't see the problem, a cloth set weights like 2kg and provides enough protection to deal with most mobs already

• Like 1

Just now, Worksock said:

so carry a set of armor with you if it's needed

I don't see the problem, a cloth set weights like 2kg and provides enough protection to deal with most mobs already

Well good for you, I'm glad you're not experiencing any issues with having to change clothes constantly just to be able to experience the few vanity items the game has to offer. A lot of us do have a problem with it though and it's always better to address a problem than to ignore it because a couple of people have no difficulties. Your lack of issues with the clothing doesn't remove the problems experienced by others.

Since you have no problems with it you can enjoy them as they are, and you've got nothing to lose from allowing us to request a solution that doesn't require us to take off the armour parts.

It's a common issue with MMO gear, what looks good (to an individual) is often not what is most powerful/appropriate. Hence the current popularity of various cosmetic systems that change the appearance of your equipment.

• Like 2

I always wear cloth armor unless going out specifically to kill mobs for some reason. The benefits to this are faster movement speed when carrying items and faster speed when pulling carts. All this helps a lot when working around the deed or in the local area. Plus you don't look like a homeless vagabond with the standard paupers outfit.

The current cloth armor also has protective qualities, so I hope that this new cloth "clothing" will at least have the same armor values.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

I wear my drake around deed... I don't see a reason to wear cloth...

Need redder red it's too orange, not gonna wear it.

5 hours ago, Ayes said:

I always wear cloth armor unless going out specifically to kill mobs for some reason. The benefits to this are faster movement speed when carrying items and faster speed when pulling carts. All this helps a lot when working around the deed or in the local area. Plus you don't look like a homeless vagabond with the standard paupers outfit.

The current cloth armor also has protective qualities, so I hope that this new cloth "clothing" will at least have the same armor values.

=Ayes=

5 hours ago, KyleBooze said:

I wear my drake around deed... I don't see a reason to wear cloth...

I like the cloth armor for around the deeds in the neighborhood, but when going out to hunt, I pop on my fancy chain mail (Thanks Kyle!).  

In my opinion the new clothing should be treated just like the cloth armor, so we get a little bit of protection while showing a sense of style.  Likewise it should be enchantable like the cloth armor.  

I have a couple of characters and each of them look different from each other thanks to the mirror.  Likewise I dress up each one differently mixing the different armor, and now clothing, types to give each of them an individual look based on their personalities and role in the deed as well as what looks best with what beard and such. They each have their own wardrobe or armor stand to change out of their casual clothes and into their hunting clothes for when it's time to travel.  ...of course I am also a bit of a loony, but most of you know that already,   :D