Sign in to follow this  
Magykal

Shack on perimeter blocking deed downsizing

Devonshire Woods on Independence:

Current deed borders:  W16  E14  N5  S37  with 8 (5 + 3) perimeter

Trying to resize to:        W16 E14   N5  S20  with minimum 5 perimeter

I'm trying to resize my deed, but because there is a ramshackle shack on my NORTH perimeter owned by Symondjr, the progamming will not let me make any changes to resize the deed. Keeps saying I need manage permissions for that shack. Please note I am NOT expanding this deed.  I do not even want to change the north border.  I need to make the deed smaller, and only want to move the SOUTH border in by 17 tiles, to make the deed border sizes W16 E14   N5  S20, and reset the extra perimeter tiles to 0.  The footprint of the deed will be narrower.

I'm fine with the shack being where it is. I gave him planks and nails and help to build on it, warning him any off deed structure would decay rapidly and he would need to repair everything very often.  So please understand the structure there is not the problem.  The problem seems that the program does not appear to look for obstacles to new deed sizing after ALL information is input, but rather initially since any field I tried to change - even decreasing the number of additional perimeter tiles - instantly returned the system message: [13:33:29] You need to have manage permissions for the structure Symonrj's shed to found the settlement here.  I don't want to disband not knowing if this shack is going to preclude me from deeding, I don't want to spend money I shouldn't have to spend to re-plant the deed, in fact, I'm trying to spend less coin here.  

I hope I've made this clear enough.  If not, you know where to find me. :-)  Much thanks to Yaga and to Lisabet for their assistance even if no resolution was available they tried hard!  

Thanks, Magykal

My alt Devona is mayor of Devonshire Woods.

• Like 2

It is because you allowed that on your perimeter though.  Even though you aren't changing it or altering it.  That shack is still in that perimeter.  So you would need it.  The same thing happens when you have a villager that builds on deed and doesn't give you the ownership of his house.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pashka said:

It is because you allowed that on your perimeter though.  Even though you aren't changing it or altering it.  That shack is still in that perimeter.  So you would need it.  The same thing happens when you have a villager that builds on deed and doesn't give you the ownership of his house.

But it shouldn't keep me from decreasing the size of my deed.  That is very flawed wogic. ;-)  But I see what you are saying. :)

Cant you just hold the house for a downsize ?

Then give it back besides that he cant repair the house unless there is permissions you set that allows it, not sure about that.