Sign in to follow this  
whykillme

Pokemon Go

Downloaded but it's just not all that fun.  There's next to nothing to do with anyone outside of the odd looks I get from people when sitting in my car outside our local school that has a gym.  It's embaressing being 32 and showing up at a school which holds none of my children to catch Pokemon.. I'm fairly sure they think I'm trying to catch children.

There is 1 pokestop near me, a bike ramp in the middle of a busy 4 lane bridge.  When I do have the chance to stop without blocking traffic, it just times out due to server issues.

I'm catching Pokemon to increase trainer level so I can keep increasing pokemon CP to battle underage children at the school that already thinks I'm a pedophile. 

I don't know... this game isn't coming to the fruition I'd hoped it would.

P.S.  It's not even compatible with Tablets from what I'm gathering online... I know it will not login on my Galaxy Tab 4.

Edited by Nomadikhan

Spent the first half of the week telling everyone to piss off and I'm not playing this dumb game, downloaded it yesterday to shut people at work up and can't stop playing it now please help.

I hear some people saying that it's hard to find spots in this game and not many people are around so you look like a wierdo, maybe it's just my city but everyone is going crazy over it here - we have a park in our city which is usually completely empty, it's like 4 square kilometers - even bigger than Central Park in NYC. Anyway it's full of memorials so there are lots of pokestops there, it's also really easy to walk around so heaps of people who play Pokemon Go are hanging around there, even thou it's winter here so was like -2c the other day it was like this at midnight lol:

57857575a22f6_13643750_261725084207290_1

Like 15+ lures 24/7

Edited by Gavin
  • Like 1

Ridiculous fad with some detrimental consequences and not just mental ones either. I mean more the physical type that can effect others since the game carelessly and naively encourages players to participate within it in the outside world. What people play within their own dwellings I could care less and not have much to say about it, other than I would have no interest in it.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

This game is insidious!

Its making people get out and about! :ph34r:

THE HORROR!!!

Cant breathe with all this fresh air!

Beware the daystar!

Edited by Karrde
  • Like 3

It's not out for Windows Phone 10 and most likely never will be, so that's a real shame...

20 hours ago, Karrde said:

This game is insidious!

Its making people get out and about!

The mental hospitals are all emptying quickly! Beware of going outside now!

=Ayes=

• Like 1

It's funny how Nintendo never realizes how successful they'll be so they never put their all in before hand.

Can't even play this on 3DS, kind of short-sighted by Nintendo. I don't have a phone and I never will, so I can't play. Oh well, I don't live in the city anyway so I don't imagine it would work that well for me.

Edited by Roushi

99 problems but a lure aint one

88fedf1e4e.PNG

I wish the app wouldn't crash every 3 seconds thou :\ apart from that really fun. 

Edited by Gavin
  • Like 3

A mate of mine at work kept telling me how awesome pokemon go was, he wouldn't shut up about it lol.  At first i was sceptical, thinking this has to be for really young kids. (my mate being a bit  of a big kid lol) When i seen the older following, much relief lol. 

shamelessly I'm hooked.  Problem is I need MOAR power, anyone else notice your phone drains fast with this hungry app?

Nintendo why yuu no optimization mang!!

Edited by Maximustehgreat
  • Like 1

Aye, plenty of adults playing, especially ones of the right age for playing the first few on Gameboy.

If you're using the camera mode the battery drains fast.

Speaking of, I heard some idiot wasn't watching where he was going while playing and fell into a pond in Las Vegas's Sunset park.

Edited by Klaa

Now that I can play, it's even more fun than I expected considering how far you have to travel for eggs to hatch. My only problem is the connectivity issues and everything says its 3 steps away and is bugged :'( fortunately I'm use to bugs from somewhere ;)

During my recent walks in the forest ive been wondering about the many youngsters roaming the wood in groups - now i think i know why.

Also rumours are saying that turkish military has tried to take over the best spawns in istanbul last night.

finally this thing got available in my country :D tested it quickly and caught the first pokemon. Had some issues with the GPS in my house but it started working when I went outside. This game will probably make me actually go out of my house more often for change :D

3 hours ago, Maximustehgreat said:

...Problem is I need MOAR power, anyone else notice your phone drains fast with this hungry app?

Nintendo why yuu no optimization mang!!

Watch this video, toward the end it explains how to put on a battery saver.

3 hours ago, Kau said:

Also rumours are saying that turkish military has tried to take over the best spawns in istanbul last night.

that is not funny at all

first driving around my town caught 16.  but by the 6 th one noticed that driving and playing really dumb, i was able to go down side streets at 20km/h. but day 2. heading to work. found myself of wrong side of the road. shut off phone and never pull it out while in car again. i'll wait till i go somewhere with my wife or son, they can help.

cute game though. good if your going out for a walk. and not dumb, crossing into a highway like a few folks did in the US. lol

I hear you get access to secret special areas if Poke'n the mon while driving. Especially on high speed highways, where you also get a speed bonus for excessive speeds. Good training for the kids too so *if* they make it to drivers ed they will have learned how to survive or avoid accidents. Perks too if you end up in heaven (or hell) and present your scores for more perks there.

=Ayes=

Fun little hack to hatch eggs without walking... put your phone on the edge of a turntable.

Been hearing this a lot lately, granted no guarantee that its true:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4t0cpo/psa_how_to_force_your_eevee_to_evolve_into_your/?st=iqrw9zv7&sh=f91448c3

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 6:36 PM, Ayes said:

I hear you get access to secret special areas if Poke'n the mon while driving. Especially on high speed highways, where you also get a speed bonus for excessive speeds. Good training for the kids too so *if* they make it to drivers ed they will have learned how to survive or avoid accidents. Perks too if you end up in heaven (or hell) and present your scores for more perks there.

=Ayes=

This must have been you:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/07/14/pokmon-go-player-crashes-his-car-into-tree/87074762/

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 6:37 AM, Klaa said:

Heh, funny stuff but this person missed entering the secret areas and suffered only minor injuries. As I hinted it is best to do this type of thing on highways at excessive speeds for the best results. As for the police chief's brilliant advice, common sense which is usually acquired at a very young age.

=Ayes=

20 hours ago, Ayes said:

Heh, funny stuff but this person missed entering the secret areas and suffered only minor injuries. As I hinted it is best to do this type of thing on highways at excessive speeds for the best results. As for the police chief's brilliant advice, common sense which is usually acquired at a very young age.

=Ayes=

What about this one? Managed to hit a Baltimore police vehicle.

http://kotaku.com/pokemon-go-player-hits-cop-car-captured-on-camera-1783942861

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Klaa said:

What about this one? Managed to hit a Baltimore police vehicle.

http://kotaku.com/pokemon-go-player-hits-cop-car-captured-on-camera-1783942861

Amusing but still no one way admission to secret Pokey areas at the end of long tunnels of white light due to the impact of high speed highway breakthroughs.

*Break on through to the other side!*

~Open The Doors~

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes
miscreants