Sign in to follow this  
whykillme

Pokemon Go

Anyone playing?

Ive got Charmender (obviously) and a voltorb!

• Like 1

Its a very cool concept. Caught a few so far. 

WHY ARE YOU NOT IN THE UK YET?! :'(

This game looks great, and worse yet, its a game that will get people going for exercise to level up!

Downloaded it last night after going out with my hubby to look for some :)

I've been playign alittle but unfortunately the weather has been terrible here the last few days and I've had to flu so I haven't left the house at all bar a quick car ride with a mate to the local gym :rolleyes:

I'm honestly astounded with the huge amount of hype and cult following the game is already amassing this game truly is a phenomenon.  

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Emoo said:

I've been playign alittle but unfortunately the weather has been terrible here the last few days and I've had to flu so I haven't left the house at all bar a quick car ride with a mate to the local gym :rolleyes:

I'm honestly astounded with the huge amount of hype and cult following the game is already amassing this game truly is a phenomenon.  

Well, to be fair, it's effing pokemon, it already had a huge cult following. An even larger amount of people will get nostalgia-tripped to hell about them too. And everybody and their grandmother has a smartphone these days. Extremely intelligent move in releasing this game.

Although I want to inb4 media reporting about the "death distraction of doom and death again (just ot be certain)" game when a few news worthy (and not) stories surface about people doing dumb ###### in places they really should know better than to do dumb ###### in gets killed. I think I've heard of one traffic related death thus far?

Oh well, the media will monger.

• Like 1

Indeed, I played the American Nintendo Red and Blue versions in like the late 90s thru mid school and high school. Not to mention plenty of fans in other demographics.

Its sad Nintendo has been avoiding the mobile market for so long. The bigwigs have been stuck in this mindset that a mere phone cannot compete with a mobile system designed for gaming from the ground up; even though, the phone is the one device most people will have on or near themselves 24/7.

There's a lot of login issues and servers overloaded.

Its amusing seeing so many people running around the parks in North Las Vegas chasing Pokemon. Children and adults.

Nature Discovery Park and Craig Ranch Regional Park (CRRP) are two main favorites, and CRRP has a lot of gyms and centers (170+ acres, used to be a gold course); though, I do not recommend being in CRRP after 11pm... 24/7 armed guard presence. Heck even the guards are playing... shhh :P

Was reading on Kotaku the game's landmark database includes churches, so a lot of people going to church for pokemon. XD

EDIT: Wonder if MissingNo will make an appearance... Will the player have to walk a certain pattern or do a little dance?

EDIT EDIT: Oh, supposedly there's a way to get Pikachu as your starter... don't pick from the three and keep walking, ignore them four times till the yellow rat appears with them. :ph34r:

Edited by Karrde

Spent a hour looking for a Squirtle near my house.

10/10 would do again.

(FYI if you get someone to drive you around it works best lol)

After playing the series so much as a kid I had to try it out

08665476c4.jpg

• Like 1

This game is dangerous I hear, kids are running frantic into traffic, people are hanging out in places to mug kids, and there have been murders at least according to google. I hope my nephews didn't download it.

4 hours ago, LorraineJ said:

This game is dangerous I hear, kids are running frantic into traffic, people are hanging out in places to mug kids, and there have been murders at least according to google. I hope my nephews didn't download it.

Unsure how much of that is true persay; though, did hear a report of people arrested after they were luring players and robbing them.

EDIT: on a related note, police have released an artist sketch of some other suspects:

Spoiler

Team_Rocket_trio_XY.png

Cosplay possibilities! Mug little kids while dressed up!

Edited by Karrde
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Redd said:

Spent a hour looking for a Squirtle near my house.

10/10 would do again.

(FYI if you get someone to drive you around it works best lol)

QFT, if you get somebody to drive you around while using incense you get non-stop pokemon.

I live right by the university here and as soon as lectures are on there are pokemon lures up everywhere which is great too haha.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LorraineJ said:

Dont believe thingys on the interwebs or else sirlaw will show up at your door to steal your cupcakes

and your horses

Edited by Hoppy

game is not out in Belgium either, yet I got around 20ish pokemon already (different ones). Downloaded it from a different website. Charmander as starter. It seems like an interesting concept, and you get to know places in the area (pokespots) that you didn't know they excisted.

this game is taking over my life. 

3 hours ago, Hoppy said:

Dont believe thingys on the interwebs or else sirlaw will show up at your door to steal your cupcakes

and your horses

Stab my cupcakes.

I texted my nephews and got: "I have caught 75 unique Pokemon"

"please tell me James isn't playing it too"

"He's out right now with his friends"

If you consider how many crimes are reported vs how many people are playing Pokemon, just going outside is a lot more dangerous than playing. Media hype.

• Like 2

IDK, how I even heard about it was through a friend who just had someone in their household walk into traffic and almost cause an accident. It does cause head-down walking.

I really hope no one is stupid and trespasses due to this game. Some states are pretty open with shooting trespassers.

I cheated so i could download it :)

I have one Bulbasaur

Been walking my dog late at night to catch pokemon around my neighborhood.

Find myself walking the dog before and after work, walking around during breaks at work and anyother chance I get looking for Pokemon. bloody addicting.. my legs so so sore lol

I downloaded this last week and so far I'm having a blast! I've caught 50+ pokemons and got hundreds of pokeballs. I ditched riding bicycle and walk instead even though it's winter time here lol But I wish we could battle pokemons with friends. That would make the game more interesting :)