Sign in to follow this  
Wilczan

Runic mine wall/floor

New spells

Runic Wall

Reinforces existing cave wall with power of runes. Wall gets standard reinforced look plus carved glowing runes on it. Additional effect - runes glow, thus working like light source (light strength based on spell strength).

Runic Floor

Reinforces existing cave floor with power of runes. Floor gets standard reinforced look plus carved glowing runes on it. Additional effect - power of runes makes your step lighter, movement speed slightly increased (10-20% based on spell strength).

Also both acts like normal reinforced types.

• Like 1

Mmm glowwie.

First craft or carve runes into wall. Perhaps with additional materials needed... say silver or gold.

Then a priest (or path user?) comes along to enchant.

Edited by Karrde

how about alchemy powder made with ground gold or silver?

• Like 1

Yeah, also thought about some connection with mining/stonecutting/alchemy instead of spell for priest only.

Or third option where you create some rune in stone, priest enchant it, and then you can apply it to the wall like support beam.

Edited by Wilczan

I like the wall idea mostly for the light, planting a billion lamps after imping them and dying them is awful (bearing in mind not played much with new unstable for many reasons)

dunno about the floor movement speed.  I dunno why movement speed in mines is slower anyway, should just match above ground speed especially considering walking on rock is the same as walking on pavement...

also I'd like to suggest the use of Light tokens to charge the glow

On 6.7.2016 at 0:18 PM, Karrde said:

Mmm glowwie.

First craft or carve runes into wall. Perhaps with additional materials needed... say silver or gold.

Then a priest (or path user?) comes along to enchant.

Yes, this involvement of crafting would make this even more fun. Not just "shiny version of strongwall which you can also use to reinforce floors and not have ability to collapse tiles".

Due to the Swedish nature of the game and the Founders, imho the runes graphically should be Norse.

+1 this is a great idea, i want Norse runes on walls and floors in a mine that help create light!!!!