Sign in to follow this  
Malena

Ability to control permissions for attaching locks

The new permissions system has been absolutely AMAZING and I can't even think of how much work went into coding it :). Great job! But I have one itsy bitsy wish from how it used to work before the new permissions system was put into place: 

Allowing the ability to control who can and cannot "attach locks".

Before we could do it, now we can't. 

attach_locks.jpg

Here is my situation. I have an extra deed where my breeder (Malena) sells horses. The deed is of course owned by one of my alts. Malena travels there once in a while to breed up new horses, check the vendor and replenish empty stalls with new horses and in the process change the locks with fresh ones. This all worked beautifully back in the day, no problemo. Then when the new permission system came in, my work became a bit more cumbersome as I would have to log my deed-owner alt on for the mere purpose of changing the locks for the gates. Highly annoying for sure, but "doable".

However now I've decided to turn that "idle" alt into a real character, so I premed her up and she's training to become a priest and to speed up the process, she has traveled to far reaches of Xanadu to join a sermon group. This means that now she cannot help with restocking the horse stalls anymore since she's so far away. 

The reason I wanted to post this here is so that people could chip in with their own opinion on this. There must surely be a reason it was changed to be this way and I'd love to hear people's feedback on whether they love this added security or not.

Or, if you're like me and have been annoyed by this change, chime in too!

• Like 1