Sign in to follow this  
fatboy

Rifts

These   are  very fun,  but i think  the in between  time  should  be  a  bit less  for  them spawning.    waiting 9  days, then   few  deaths and get   a lump bites.  Rift  loot  distro is a  serious issue, Today on exodus  we  killed a  TON of mobs,  biggest  waves ive  seen to date on it. yet  most only  got  a lump and  very  few  got a  item.  Personally i think its because  so many  are  attacking the beast a tthe  same  time, so the  overall dmg  per  player is  far  less.  Not  sure if its  that, But it  def needs  relooked  at  and  adjusted. Rifts  are a  great  community content,  But  coming once  a week, having  so many  deahts  and   ya  walk away with a  .25 kg lump  really  bites.  So  devs  if ya  can please up the  loot on them  so more people  stand a  chance here. Cause   coming to these  and only  get a lump makes ya  not  want to come back..  Not  sure  what  youll do, but at this point  ill be happy if ya  least  try to  improve it better.  other  then that, Love  how the  waves  are, its  def a  rough challenge  that  wurm  has  needed so badly.

• Like 2

Totaly agreed with you... and locations need to change alot.

agreed on loot  147  and got .25kg 89 ql seryll.  just barely better than a waste of time

So when we first said 1 lump for such a hassle was rubbish and not worth the effort you all said we were wrong and "lets not flood the market" or something... I know one fact, that after first rift I have decided to stay away from it due to such a waste of time... But maybe I am wrong...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Karrde said:

Eh, small amounts add up overtime.

No they don't when the reward doesn't even pay for the time you spent or the repair bill.

you know as Buddha said alot of the mobs are kiilled on the edge of the rift which doesnt add to your score, or possibility to get loot. something could be changed yeah i agree. After the increaseed mob count the chance to get something in rift got far lower, maybe increase chance for drops for next round see how it goess? 

I don't think they should appear more often - on the contrary. To be frank, I don't even think they belong in a sandbox game. We don't want to turn Wurm into a classical theme park MMO, do we?

• Like 3

You could always go over to chaos and spend most of a day killing Valeri mobs while avoiding MR for a chance at a 1kg lump.

25 minutes ago, Yaga said:

I don't think they should appear more often - on the contrary. To be frank, I don't even think they belong in a sandbox game. We don't want to turn Wurm into a classical theme park MMO, do we?

I think most MMOs would be insulted you would compare wurm rifts with any modern mmo world event.  I seriously, very much doubt that wurm world events will *ever* look like a modern mmo world event; loot, excitement, reward vs risk, ... none of that is comparable to any mmo world event i have played in past many years.  Worrying that world events are going to make Wurm somehow a "theme park" are like worrying that adding pinstripes to a Honda Accord is suddenly going to make it a Lamborghini.  

It looks like they purposefully gimped the whole event to me and purposefully designed it to not be like a modern mmo event, and witht he way it is going now rifts will start probably eventually be ignored with the risk vs what can only barely be considered reward.

2 hours ago, ClericGunem said:

I think most MMOs would be insulted you would compare wurm rifts with any modern mmo world event.  I seriously, very much doubt that wurm world events will *ever* look like a modern mmo world event; loot, excitement, reward vs risk, ... none of that is comparable to any mmo world event i have played in past many years.  Worrying that world events are going to make Wurm somehow a "theme park" are like worrying that adding pinstripes to a Honda Accord is suddenly going to make it a Lamborghini.  

It looks like they purposefully gimped the whole event to me and purposefully designed it to not be like a modern mmo event, and witht he way it is going now rifts will start probably eventually be ignored with the risk vs what can only barely be considered reward.

I think you missed the point. How the event is built is irrelevant here. Problem is the approach: run events/instances/whatever n times to get x items. Sooner or later it will start to affect the crafting centric approach which Wurm has. Because when the rewards won't be good enough, people don't run them. I told that before, was countered "no matter, they are fun", but now we can already witness, that few lumps and random shoulderguards won't be good enough.

That is the problem which have been plagued games before Wurm.. and that has lead to grinding some tokens from encounters(which you then can trade for the item you want), or soulbound items. These are things tho, which I would never want to see in Wurm. It will be very hard to solve tho.. People want rewards based on their individual effort.. but if they are being given out that way, it will simply flood the market, which has been (most) important part of Wurm.

• Like 1

The items rot in a week if you wear them. I can't think of anything that will stimulate the over-so-precious market more than highly demanded, constantly rotting items. You can quite literally sell the same item to the same person every 10 days forever. 

Wo players are mostly hoarders so most people will wear it at special places not on deed for 10 days thus the items will stay ingame. Still have the rare braclet from first rift.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bangzuvelis said:

So when we first said 1 lump for such a hassle was rubbish and not worth the effort you all said we were wrong and "lets not flood the market" or something... I know one fact, that after first rift I have decided to stay away from it due to such a waste of time... But maybe I am wrong...

I got 2 lumps. It will be nice when I get 100 to 150 more. I had a lot of fun doing the two I did, don't get me wrong. But at the last one, I got very low credit because I had to constantly retreat to heal and was outside the zone when the mob died. I have as well of a chance with dragons to get a drake set with hardly any of the risk.

12 minutes ago, Audrel said:

The items rot in a week if you wear them. I can't think of anything that will stimulate the over-so-precious market more than highly demanded, constantly rotting items. You can quite literally sell the same item to the same person every 10 days forever. 

That is "rewards based on individual effort" part.. Obviously someone wanting those "highly demanded, constantly rotting items", will try to get them from going to rifts. But someone can go to the rifts for months and get nothing but lumps. And it is quite difficult to say to that guy: "Buy those shoulders you have been fighting for months". Especially from a guy, who participates in rift only once.