Sign in to follow this  
Stumpfoot

automated workers/city builder

anyone working on a mod to make wurm unlimited a game where you can hire npc workers to do things for you? maybe issue commands like mine these tiles build this house(supplies permiting)..kinda like an overhead city builder except first person. If not i think it would be a good idea.  would deff have some learning curve issues and have a clunky ui but we already deal with that :P

Easiest way to do that would be to program the npc builder for example to find any "plan" in a zone, zone being the deed zone, and search for materials that match that plan, then take materials, go to wall, build wall. Not saying it would be "easy" just easier than some weird UI's or anything, automate the npc, then you don't need to worry about UI's you just buy the hireling it goes to the assigned zone and runs around the zone doing his "job". Much like spirit templars filling lamps (could probably find that code to get a basis of how to work it).

Goblin slaves... player slave labor... "indentured" servants... minions.

Pathfinding might be an issue, or just cheat on how deed guards get around. Wonder what the code for tower guards looks like.

Edited by Karrde

lol tower guards... So you target a wall and call for help, otherwise npc is on coffee break :P

• Like 1

I'd happily settle for citizens who wander around and do nothing. If for no other reason than to give an illusion of live in your settlement. If they could be programmed to do certain actions like using a crafting station (anvil, forge, loom etc) without actually making anything, they would appear to be working within the settlement. Much like Skyrim that has NPC's that just make up the community, wander around and do random things just so the place seems populated.