Sign in to follow this  
Gaeron

Cannot maximise nutrition with meals

You can use refresh or sacrifice a rare item to maximise your nutrition but it seems you cannot do it by eating food.

Eating meals between 98.58 and 99.40ql only raises nutrition to 97%

I've done it so its gone from 94 to 97 and afaik there is room for another tick to hit 98 but doesn't happen. Also  starting at 97 and eating a 99ql meal to go from 50% food to 100% I'd expect it to tick up at least once but it doesn't

Ideally though, a 90ql meal should allow you to reach 100%, the advantage of higher quality is you need to eat a smaller amount to get there.

• Like 2

For what it's worth, the difference between 97% nutrition and 99% nutrition is an additional 0.2% to your skill gain bonus, which isn't exactly much.

But yes, it would certainly make sense to reclibrate this so a max QL meal gives you max nutrition. That seems like the most logical thing.

I wasn't actually approaching this from a skill gain perspective but more from common sense.

To be honest I've gone to ludicrous lengths to be able to do 99ql meals which should not be necessary for a player to maximise their nutrition,

Any player with decent amount of HFC and good (not perfect) ingredients should be able to maximise their nutrition.

The dev team could change it so that 99ql meals let you reach 99 nutrition but it would make massively more sense if they dropped the ql requirement to achieve this. Even if it were 90ql that still takes quite a lot of effort to achieve.