Sign in to follow this  
Shamgar

Mistvengery Sabotages My Future Deed Plans

I been spending some time looking for a place to deed. I finally found one I liked around I26 (map below). I was pretty excited scouting out the location several times. Most of the area around there was un-deeded with the exception of Jayren's (Mistvengery) deed which is about a 10x10.

To make a long story short, as I was surveying the area he asked me If i can move more north and I declined because I was interested in the coast and a dock. Jayren immediately logged on Mistvengery while I had my survey banners up. While the Survey banners were up Mistvengery walked by me and dropped a building plan in front of me preventing me from deeding. I immediately asked him why he was doing this and he ignored me walking away. I have video footage below with no audio.

Now what he did was unfortunately legal but morally wrong. This was going to be my first deed I drop and Mist made it a horrible experience. He even suggested where to deed trying to control where I can live. I have heard of this guy owning a 1000+ tiles and running people out of their deeds and burning down bridges. I'm posting this because I want people to know what happen and the kind of person Mist is. After he did this he made me realize that I'm glad I didn't deed there because I wouldn't want to live next to this guy or have anything to do with him.

I contacted a GM and was unable to do anything. All logs between the GM, Jayren and myself are below.

[youtube]

[/youtube]

2_0.jpg

2_1.jpg

Conversation with Jayren aka Mistvengery

Spoiler

Logging started 2016-07-01
[10:54:43] <Shamgar> hello!
[10:55:36] <Jayren> hello
[10:58:05] <Shamgar> hello jay, you live here?
[10:58:29] <Jayren> yeah just deeded the other day
[10:58:59] <Shamgar> i been here a few times and i'm thinking of deeding here as well just north of you in this bay corner
[10:59:33] <Jayren> yeah there is no one around
[10:59:49] <Jayren> lots of abandoned deeds around
[10:59:54] <Shamgar> yea hopefully you won't mind. i'm n ot that bad to have around
[11:00:18] <Jayren> there is lots of space
[11:00:28] <Shamgar> awesome, yea there is
[11:00:33] <Shamgar> i won't be using up to much
[11:40:35] <Jayren> Do you want to move your deed more north?  You are right up against my deed
[11:41:45] <Shamgar> no, i want this dock
[11:52:06] <Shamgar> hey mist
[11:52:10] <Shamgar> why are you doing that
[11:52:18] <Shamgar> i was going to ded here
[11:53:15] <Shamgar> Mist why?
[11:53:28] <Shamgar> i'm recording t his
[11:53:39] <Shamgar> and i'm  going to show eveyone
[11:56:32] <Shamgar> that was a greedy move mist
[11:56:45] <Shamgar> people will know about this
[12:10:21] <Shamgar> thank you for showing me your true nature
[12:27:58] <Shamgar> Jay, word is already getting around.
[12:28:29] <Shamgar> Some of your alliance members just might leave over this
[12:28:55] <Shamgar> Don't think I don't know who you are
[12:29:01] <Shamgar> and what you have done
[12:31:17] <Jayren> who
[12:31:45] <Shamgar> You Jay, I know you and Mistvengery conspired against me
[12:32:56] <Jayren> I asked nicely for you to move more north.  when you said you were looking north around the bend I didn't think you meant right beside me.
[12:33:24] <Shamgar> we could have worked together
[12:33:41] <Shamgar> i was a nice guy
[12:34:04] <Shamgar> a really hard worker
[12:34:11] <Jayren> you flatly refused my request.  so I am forced to expand my deed
[12:34:53] <Jayren> there is a tone of space around here.  no need to deed along my deed
[12:35:22] <Shamgar> i guess you don't  want people around you
[12:35:25] <Jayren> to the west there are huge empty space
[12:35:48] <Shamgar> no thanks, i wanted a port but I guess you want it all
[12:36:13] <Jayren> the west along the water has huge dock area
[12:36:22] <Shamgar> there will be a post on the forums later showing you drop your plan while i'm surveying. what you did was legal but it was morally wrong
[12:36:26] <Jayren> and is connected to the main road
[12:44:21] <Shamgar> see you later
[12:44:45] <Jayren> you going to look where I mentioned?
[12:45:05] <Jayren> There are boats there but it is all abandonded.  Huge amount of space

Conversation with the GM after the incident.

Spoiler

[12:14:35] <Drsatan> Hello, CM responding to your support call 156581.
[12:15:03] <Shamgar> Hello Dr.
[12:15:14] <Shamgar> I was in open wurm land deeding
[12:15:19] <Drsatan> Hello there. Ok, some news on this front
[12:15:32] <Shamgar> and some cruel guy came up as i was survaying and dropped a building plan
[12:15:57] <Shamgar> there is a lot of open land he didn't need to do it. he did it out of spite
[12:16:00] <Shamgar> it's not right
[12:16:07] <Shamgar> i been coming here all week scouting
[12:16:44] <Shamgar> as my boundry banners were up he walked near me and dropped it, ignoring me and walking away
[12:16:50] <Shamgar> his name is Mistvengery
[12:16:53] <Drsatan> Now, being that the land was already open, there is nothing that the GM team is ALLOWED to do in terms of interference. What the other player did may have been quite spiteful, they did not however-
[12:16:58] <Shamgar> I recorded his actions
[12:17:04] <Drsatan> --violate any implicit rules.
[12:17:31] <Shamgar> it was rude and intentional
[12:17:38] <Shamgar> i recorded and i plan to share it in the forums
[12:17:52] <Shamgar> please come see
[12:18:09] <Shamgar> this was going to be my first deed and he ruined my expireience
[12:18:17] <Drsatan> It was yes, unfortunately rude and intentional isn't something that the GM team can do anything FOR. The land was unowned, and therefore open for anyone to deed on
[12:18:20] <Shamgar> i was so happy
[12:18:27] <Drsatan> The mechanics of it are fairly simple in that regard.
[12:18:39] <Drsatan> I can however make several recommendations on the issue
[12:18:48] <Shamgar> be he just dopped a building plan to troll me
[12:19:30] <Shamgar> please this is not right
[12:19:34] <Drsatan> Yes, it's possible that he did. That said, he still has not broken any rule. We cannot tell him to leave if he has not broken any rules.
[12:19:52] <Drsatan> We cannot remove the building if no rule was broken. That's simply the current state of the game rules.
[12:20:08] <Drsatan> If you're willing to listen, one of the recommendations I have for you, would remedy this happening in the future.
[12:21:56] <Drsatan> The first thing you can do here, is plant a deed a few tiles away from mistvengery's structure. This would place your perimeter inside of the building, quickening it's decay. Once the building is gone
[12:22:07] <Drsatan> --you can simply resize and the land is yours to do with as you please.
[12:23:00] <Drsatan> The second thing I would suggest you do, is head over to the forums make a post in the Suggestions Board. A mechanic that disallows the building of structures in a planned zone of a potential deed
[12:23:32] <Drsatan> Such a mechanic would help players in your situation combat trolling efforts.
[12:24:10] <Drsatan> Only a recommendation of course, and by all means feel free to pin it however you feel would be more fitting in your game experience.
[12:24:47] <Shamgar> thanks Dr. feeling really discouraged right now
[12:25:48] <Drsatan> I know, and i'm very sorry that you had to deal with this kind of behavior. The unfortunate side of being staff is that when a decision is made on certain issues, it's quite final-
[12:26:07] <Drsatan> -and there is nothing that I am allowed to do other than give suggestions to stop something happening in the future.
[12:26:36] <Drsatan> I hope you can understand how that works. If you've no further questions on the issue, i'll set your ticket to resolved, and hope that the future holds more bounty than today did.
[12:26:58] <Shamgar> ok, thanks for the response
[12:27:08] <Drsatan> You're welcome. Good luck out there.

General rule of thumb is pick somewhere else to live (preferably the other side of the map from them). It only leads to trouble and headaches and is not worth the effort.

He shouldn't need to. He's a member of an alliance up here and frankly Mists bullying shouldn't be left to push people away because it can quite easily turn into people not bothering to play the game in the future if there's one player trying to force the area to do what they want.

Edited by manthium
  • Like 2

What server is this lol? 

Why is this in town square?

Why are GM's wasting their time with nonsense like this?

Why dont u kill the guy and sand his entire deed area?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LorenaMontana said:

What server is this lol? 

Xanadu... freedom... 

7 minutes ago, LorenaMontana said:

What server is this lol? 

This is in Xanadu and you are probably right, I could have posted this in Xanadu. The GM was just responding to my ticket and no I will not kill the guy or sabotage his deed.

You started it, Mist finished it.  I'm sorry this happened to you, but welcome to Summerholt (area).  He's one of the reasons my main deed is no longer on Xanadu.

Sadly this is one of the names the community knows as a "avoid this area/business" name and now you know as well. Nothing can be done

1 minute ago, Wargasm said:

You started it, Mist finished it.  I'm sorry this happened to you, but welcome to Summerholt (area).  He's one of the reasons my main deed is no longer on Xanadu.

Same with the deed i held there also

Sorry Dear this happened to you, but at least you did not deed before experiencing this issue 

40 minutes ago, LorenaMontana said:

What server is this lol? 

Xanadu.

Because this is only like the 100th incident that Mist, Vortexxx or their alliance have caused players to quit, or steal items or find some other loophole to be a PITA to other Wurmians.

Because some of us feel like they should be, in order to improve the Wurm community by purging players like this as a proactive measure.

Because he owns about 30 deeds, so that would be alot of sand...

• Like 4

I'm confused, how close to his deed border did you planted??

A lot of people get angry if someone deed is within 20 squares of them for a variey of reasons

Also, sometimes it takes a few days to get a agreeable agreement between two parties

Edited by enoofu

Ok thanks, this random scrub will withdraw from this topic now.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, enoofu said:

I'm confused, how close to his deed border did you planted??

A lot of people get angry if someone deed is within 20 squares of them for a variey of reasons

Also, sometimes it takes a few days to get a agreeable agreement between two parties

i26.jpg

This red deed might go out to the water.

Edited by Shamgar

LOL!! I am sorry that this happened to you but now you know what the rest of the Wurm Community knows -- stay clear of that alliance/area. It is a sad day when something like this happens but sadly it is something that every Wurm player must learn. We all have had experiences like this were we have had to deal with a troll in any form.

If it makes you feel better I welcome you to move to Independence. We have a lot of open room over here and a wonderful community. With that being said you could really move to any of the servers or on the SW side of Xanadu to get as far away from this troll as possible.

I wish you good luck were ever you decide to move and look forward to seeing you prosper in life, only to look back at this and laugh.

• Like 1

i dont think people should be able to plan a building inside an area that is being surveyed for a deed , i think devs should look into that. grief mechanic

• Like 14

There's plenty space on Pristine, if you like, all on water side, borders are close if you want to travel to Xanadu; we had a lot of people moving over lately, and deeding here, and so far all of them are enjoying their new home; if you want to give it a try, you're welcome here, and I could show you a few places you might like.

Most of Wurm community is a great one, don't let an unfortunate experience ruin your game, see the bright side of it: you have been prevented to live in a place you weren't welcomed, but made it so you could find a better, warmer, more friendly neighborhood.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Aum said:

i dont think people should be able to plan a building inside an area that is being surveyed for a deed , i think devs should look into that. grief mechanic

I personally don't think it should be a thing either.

I think it's shady to block your expansion in this way but on the other hand that is pretty close for Xanadu. There is SO much land I dont understand why anyone ever has to fight over it on Xana. I have been blocked a few times and it's just ridiculous.

First mistake was being civil about your plans.

Wurm can be cutthroat, next time just set your deed up and don't make the mistake of telling folks about your plan before hand or after.

I made that mistake before and cost me a few silver to correct the problem, problem did get solved but it was a minor annoyance.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Wurm can be cutthroat, next time just set your deed up and don't make the mistake of telling folks about your plan before hand or after.

I made that mistake before and cost me a few silver to correct the problem, problem did get solved but it was a minor annoyance.

Unfortunately, JakeRivers is right. It used to be in the old days that it would be polite to ask people before you deed. Now you just can't, because if given a choice 9/10 people are going to say "no you can't deed there". You just need to be cut throat and do it.

Just now, Zachariah said:

Unfortunately, JakeRivers is right. It used to be in the old days that it would be polite to ask people before you deed. Now you just can't, because if given a choice 9/10 people are going to say "no you can't deed there". You just need to be cut throat and do it.

I wanted to be polite and respectful and let the new neighbor know I'm a decent guy but it totally backfired on me.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Yup this. Make your plans civil, make sure you're not breaking the rules, and then just do it. Unless the person has a very good reputation you are likely to end on the losing side since it is MUCH faster to disrupt your plans than it is to complete them.

Never seen someone add a blockhouse so far from their deed, usually they are within 20 to protect community mines/lumber and canal protects

looks like he went directly to your far corner also on purpose

Edited by enoofu

37 minutes ago, Aum said:

I'll make a suggestion in the suggestion forum about this.

• Like 1

I basically know no one in my area (G/H 26), and while he was rude, you did ask and he did tell you that he did mind. Don't ask next time, or be prepared for an answer you don't like, is my feeling on it. People can be touchy. If you're still looking, I know there's the disbanded Port Purity just south of there, as well as a lot of pre-terraformed abandoned spots around E-F26 as well.

It sucks to have the spot you wanted interrupted, but as others have said, Xanadu is huge and you do have to live with your neighbors (I, too, have overestimated the goodness of strangers!). Plenty of coastal spots around and welcome to the east coast of Xanadu! Say hi if you sail by!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NeeNee said:

you did ask and he did tell you that he did mind. Don't ask next time, or be prepared for an answer you don't like, is my feeling on it.

######.  This guy owns *numerous* deeds, more than I can count on both hands in the Summerholt area.  If everyone in the north quadrant of the map asked for Mistvengery's blessing before dropping their deed, then I firmly believe there would not be a single deed on the map east or NE of Whitefay.

Also, look at the map that Shamgar posted.  Why would Mist put a 10x10 deed in the middle of what used to be a 60x60 deed in a remote location *far* from the rest of his deeds?  To grief someone or to perimeter a house to steal whatever is inside.  I have 5 silver that says that deed isn't there 6 months from now, because the entertainment value (to Mist) of having pissed off yet another new player plus the loot that he will probably steal from it when the buildings poof will have passed.

19 minutes ago, NeeNee said:

People can be touchy. If you're still looking, I knowthere's the disbanded Port Purity just south of there, as well as a lot of pre-terraformed abandoned spots around E-F26 as well.

F26  (likely still labeled as Hazard Cove on the Xanadu forum map) is my former deed.  PM me anytime in game and I can tell you all about the area, as I lived there for almost 2 years.