Sign in to follow this  
ViperZeroOne

Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server Config - Confusions

This has probably been asked before, but I've been searching on Google for hours and if I have to do one more search I'll faceplant the keyboard.  I'm just hoping someone can help me out.  :unsure:

I'm not new to running servers but I am new to Wurm servers and have been having several issues, specifically with the settings.  The first map we generated was with default settings and allowed us to go out into the world freely, claim our territory, but we didn't have "permission" to build anything in our claims.  Adjusted some settings (Kingdom to 5, specifically) and now it says we have to build within 50 blocks of a kingdom, which is pretty limited, and we're still not sure if we'll have "permission" to build in our claims.  We want to stay with an adventure setting, as we want the RPG aspects of Wurm as well as the sandbox, but it will only be a couple players playing on the server so kingdom wars really don't make sense.

What, if any, would be the optimal settings for this Wurm Unlimited server?  Or do we have it right, but are just missing some facts about Wurm?

you can "expand" your kingdom by building a guard tower. after you build it you can found a deed within its territory.

Oh, ok.   I watched videos and just saw people placing claims and then building a guard tower inside it...  Guess it's the other way around.

What was here has been moved to a new topic...

Edited by ViperZeroOne

If you enable "home server" in the settings - the whole server will be considered part of your kingdom and you can build anywhere.

The kingdom number goes between 0 and 4. 5 is not valid and will cause bugs. If this is a PVE server you probably want it set to 4 (Freedom Islands).

More on this,

I believe that if Home Server is not checked, then you have to use Towers to expand kingdom influence and then deed, but if its checked all the server is freedom kingdom and towers are not need to expand influence.

7 hours ago, bigsteve said:

but if its checked all the server is the chosen kingdom and towers are not need to expand influence.

FTFY, it works for any kingdom you select in settings.