Sign in to follow this  
Maximustehgreat

Marsh tiles and water depth

After looking at the transmutation wiki page there is a mutate to remove every other tile, but still no way to transmutation marsh tiles.  

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Transmutation_liquid_(Feature)

Currently you can remove them with floorboards, but underwater marsh tiles cannot.

So i propose either, 

Marsh tiles can be floor boarded at any depth of water.

or

marsh tiles can be removed with transmutation liquid

• Like 2

I would even go so far as to suggest that Marsh should not exist unless ground is "bowl shaped" and capable of holding water.  if you break this bowl, the marsh would slowly dry out.  Otherwise it would need to be low around water level.  I've personally seen places where marsh tiles are creeping up steep hills.  

Doesn't marsh need water to survive?  and if so how does it work on a 30+ slope?

Edited by Tallios
  • Like 2

I'd think that raising the marsh with dirt, paving it, then digging & dredging would be significantly easier than transmuting the tile.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ostentatio said:

I'd think that raising the marsh with dirt, paving it, then digging & dredging would be significantly easier than transmuting the tile.

you can make it like transmuting, but make it seem more realistic.  Like raising it with dirt or sand above water level, maybe even at a slope, and it will drain of water over time.  This to me seems a realistic way to manage it.

Or KISS, just have the "trasmuting" use dirt or sand instead of some weird concoction.  Quality of the dirt/sand being the key.

The problem is marsh tiles at great depths, you could drop 10's of thousands of dirts and it doesn't even budge.

Ideally it would fix that problem

I fail to see how marsh tiles that are over 100 slope deep are a problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maximustehgreat said:

The problem is marsh tiles at great depths, you could drop 10's of thousands of dirts and it doesn't even budge.

Ideally it would fix that problem

This would all be fixed if there were max depths and altitudes that determined what could be a marsh in the first place

• Like 1

I rather like marsh tiles in deep water, looks better than bare dirt or sand.

But if you must destroy it, why not just enable us to pack mash tiles into bare dirt with shovels?

I would even go so far as to suggest that Marsh should not exist unless ground is "bowl shaped" and capable of holding water.  if you break this bowl, the marsh would slowly dry out.  Otherwise it would need to be low around water level.  I've personally seen places where marsh tiles are creeping up steep hills.  

Doesn't marsh need water to survive?  and if so how does it work on a 30+ slope?

Making the terrain types in Wurm make more sense would be a serious project all by itself. I'd support such a project, but I'm pretty sure it'd be a huge effort on the devs.

Edited by Darmalus
  • Like 1

On 7/14/2016 at 8:00 PM, Wargasm said:

I fail to see how marsh tiles that are over 100 slope deep are a problem.

Land bridges,

I personally feel Marsh should be able to be removed just like tundra or step. Marsh serves no other purpose in the game other than pissing you off.

Edited by ausimus

I would like to be able to *create* marsh tiles. :-o.  Yes, really!  So inverse transformation liquids between marsh and dirt would be nice.

• Like 4

On 7/1/2016 at 1:08 AM, Maximustehgreat said:

After looking at the transmutation wiki page there is a mutate to remove every other tile, but still no way to transmutation marsh tiles.  

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Transmutation_liquid_(Feature)

Currently you can remove them with floorboards, but underwater marsh tiles cannot.

So i propose either, 

Marsh tiles can be floor boarded at any depth of water.

or

marsh tiles can be removed with transmutation liquid

Bumping this thread, agreeing with either or even both (why should marsh be any different than other tiles when it comes to transmuting).
Main problem being marsh tiles at great depth (a big pain I am currently sitting with) and not being able to flat raise, floor board at depth to get rid of the marsh and then flat raise or even transmute to dirt.

Edited by Kyoshiro

Yeah wish i could make a marsh tile too, was told you cant :(

• Like 1

On 7/31/2016 at 11:33 AM, Ausimus said:

I personally feel Marsh should be able to be removed just like tundra or step. Marsh serves no other purpose in the game other than pissing you off.

So, can we eventually see a change to how marsh works for getting rid of it? dropping thousands of dirt to get 1 corner high enough to pave away is quite annoying.

I think that marsh should only exist in tiles that are below 10 dirt elevation and are no steeper than 4 dirt. I think it should spread as easily as grass does to neighboring dirt tiles that meet these conditions and it should revert to dirt if dirt is dropped on it. 

Floorboards are dead to me.