Sign in to follow this  
Pashka

Fountain pan Replacements

1 minute ago, Wargasm said:

Who said he bought silver to pay for it?  He could have acquired the silver through other players.

Moot point. Someone bought it. Someone paid CC. Maybe not him, but someone did. All those golds didn't fall from the sky.

So what are you saying.  It's that "someone's" fault that Peter paid Paul for a broken item?

49 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

So what are you saying.  It's that "someone's" fault that Peter paid Paul for a broken item?

I am saying CC made money off them, broken or not, silvers from other players or the shop. It doesn't matter who bought it or who paid whom. There were a lot of these. They were expensive. The golds paid for them made CC money. CC made them possible. CC left them for years. CC sold silvers that eventually directly bought many of them. CC profited from them.

Argue contrawise all you wish. Twist it around all you wish. Some, not all and not none, bought silvers directly to buy one of these. Others, not all, made silvers in game, bought by someone from CC, to buy one of these.

It's CC's fault for not removing them day one and then allowing them to be sold for a high amount for years. Period. So yes, it is "someone's" fault.

Edited by Audrel
Fixed it for you Wargasm

OK, so now you're saying it's some guy's fault that you bought a broken item, because he bought silver from CC five years ago?  Do you know how absurd that sounds? 

That's like saying CC made money every time that same gold coin changed hands.... when Player A bought bricks, when player B took player A's money and bought a drake set with it, when Player C traded a supreme imbued pickaxe for Player B's drake set?  Where does it end, around "S"?

31 minutes ago, Audrel said:

I am saying CC made money off them, broken or not, silvers from other players or the shop. It doesn't matter who bought it or who paid whom. There were a lot of these. They were expensive. The golds paid for them made CC money. CC made them possible. CC left them for years. CC sold silvers that eventually bought them. CC profited from them.

No, CodeClub made money on the sale of the silver, not from fountain pans. They don't control what people spend the coin on.

1 minute ago, Somervyl said:

No, CodeClub made money on the sale of the silver, not from fountain pans. They don't control what people spend the coin on.

Indeed they do. They create and control the content of the game. They allowed the existence and sale of bugged items for years. They did not remove (control) them (content) and allowed trade for real world value (profit).

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

OK, so now you're saying it's some guy's fault that you bought a broken item, because he bought silver from CC five years ago?  Do you know how absurd that sounds? 

That's like saying CC made money every time that same gold coin changed hands.... when Player A bought bricks, when player B took player A's money and bought a drake set with it, when Player C traded a supreme imbued pickaxe for Player B's drake set?  Where does it end, around "S"?

I am saying people directly bought silver from CC with the sole intention of buying pans, which CC knew were broken, left in the game regardless, and allowed them to be traded. The absurdity is in denying they knew people spent money in their shop to buy these items, for years, and they cashed the checks. 

Fixed the original for you. I guess I implied every single pan. :rolleyes:

Edited by Audrel

4 minutes ago, Audrel said:

Indeed they do. They create and control the content of the game. They allowed the existence and sale of bugged items for years. They did not remove (control) them (content) and allowed trade for real world value (profit).

I have to disagree there. Just because the item is in the game, doesn't mean you have to buy it. While yes, these pans/backpacks/anything else they were shoehorned into, should've been removed a long time ago. The fact remains that you were never forced to buy one.

3 minutes ago, Somervyl said:

I have to disagree there. Just because the item is in the game, doesn't mean you have to buy it. While yes, these pans/backpacks/anything else they were shoehorned into, should've been removed a long time ago. The fact remains that you were never forced to buy one.

The fact remains people did buy them and refer to the previous post. No one forces you to buy anything.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Audrel said:

The fact remains people did buy them and refer to the previous post. No one forces you to buy anything.

Exactly, no-one was forced to buy them. Your post almost makes it sound like CodeClub forced people to buy them using silver bought from the shop.

• Like 1

Just now, Somervyl said:

Exactly, no-one was forced to buy them. Your post almost makes it sound like CodeClub forced people to buy them using silver bought from the shop.

My post makes it sound like they left a bugged item in game for years while allowing it to be sold for currency bought from the shop for many of them. Forced or not, they knew about it.

Your 3 post count makes it sound like you created a forum alt to argue about this. Joined 35 minutes ago and knows the whole story. 

• Like 1

On 8/3/2016 at 10:22 AM, Ostentatio said:

Edited by Kadore
forums so buggy

Information on the fix to FP's

Edited by Kadore
  • Like 4

These items have been in the game for years.  They have been in existance 7 or 8 years now.  There was at least one other window of opportunity a few years back.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Audrel said:

My post makes it sound like they left a bugged item in game for years while allowing it to be sold for currency bought from the shop for many of them. Forced or not, they knew about it.

While the items certainly shoud've been removed long before now (I'm not disagreeing with that part), it was the players themselves, not CodeClub, who dictated what the prices rose up to, and that they would sell them. I'm not sure why people expected items created due to a bug to be left in the game forever.

Edited by Somervyl

25 minutes ago, Somervyl said:

While the items certainly shoud've been removed long before now (I'm not disagreeing with that part), it was the players themselves, not CodeClub, who dictated what the prices rose up to, and that they would sell them. I'm not sure why people expected items created due to a bug to be left in the game forever.

Actually supply and demand often controls price. So you are right to say players chose to purchase them (creating demand) however code club decided to leave them in and to prevent more from being made (hence controlling supply).

Edited by Nappy

27 minutes ago, Audrel said:

Your 3 post count makes it sound like you created a forum alt to argue about this. Joined 35 minutes ago and knows the whole story. 

Well, I've known the story for the three years I've been playing, because I bothered to read this:

The purchase of Silver Coins in the online store is payment for the service which we provide to add the fictional currency to you in game account. Silver, Iron, Copper and Gold coins are deemed to have no value and are purely a function of the game story. Use of this service does not imply ownership of the coins.

If you don't own the silver you bought (or traded), you don't own the pan either.  *Gasp* Guess what?  That means you are entitled....to nothing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

Well, I've known the story for the three years I've been playing, because I bothered to read this:

If you don't own the silver you bought (or traded), you don't own the pan either.  *Gasp* Guess what?  That means you are entitled....to nothing.

• You have no ownership in the account; this is a service provided by Code Club AB.

You don't own anything, Wargasm. :rolleyes: I read it too. So I guess you aren't entitled... to anything at all, including your opinion made from your account if you want to split hairs.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Somervyl said:

Perhaps everyone who used bought silvers to buy pans should charge back the money.  Given that they did not get the virtual goods they were promised with the functionality and life expectancy (as long as you play Wurm or keep your pans safe from looters, you could use them indefinitely to store your valuable stuff without decay, in a space that fits inside a backpack or saucepan), you are entitled to your silver back.  

11 minutes ago, Audrel said:

• You have no ownership in the account; this is a service provided by Code Club AB.

You don't own anything, Wargasm. :rolleyes: I read it too. So I guess you aren't entitled... to anything at all, including your opinion made from your account if you want to split hairs.

So if I buy premium with real life money, for in game (virtual) silver which I never own, for a virtual char and virtual world, which I never own, and for buying a pan (which I never own), I guess I can charge back all of the silver i ever bought?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fairyshine said:

So if I buy premium with real life money, for in game (virtual) silver which I never own, for a virtual char and virtual world, which I never own, and for buying a pan (which I never own), I guess I can charge back all of the silver i ever bought?

They will ban your account that you don't own.

1 minute ago, Fairyshine said:

You paid money for an in-game service.  That service was making 1g or whatever desired amount appear in your inventory.  At that point the transactionis complete.

When you choose to spend your silver/gold by trading for things with other players, then it is out of CC's control, except for the fact that they, not you, own THEIR account. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fairyshine said:

Perhaps everyone who used bought silvers to buy pans should charge back the money.  Given that they did not get the virtual goods they were promised with the functionality and life expectancy (as long as you play Wurm or keep your pans safe from looters, you could use them indefinitely to store your valuable stuff without decay, in a space that fits inside a backpack or saucepan), you are entitled to your silver back.  

I can't see anything anywhere that promises you that fountain pans would be left in the game forever, nor promises you any kind of service or functionality from them. So no, I don't see how you are entitled to your silver back, as that is a pretty flimsy argument.

Edited by Somervyl
  • Like 2

CCAB is a software business. That means, you assume all responsibility and they assume none. If your system melts, you agree that they are not responsible for any damages - consequential, circumstantial, or otherwise. All sales are as is, non-refundable, non-returnable, and final. There are no reimbursements - at all - for any reason. They make no guarantees of anything. They own everything. You own nothing. They can block your access or delete your account at any time for any reason and you agree to have no recourse. This is a service, not a product so you didn't buy anything. You just bought a limited license to use the service - remember the any time for any reason? Just in case you think you have any ownership, we will make sure you agree that we own your account and you agree to it. 

Blah blah blah ad nauseum. The standard EULA for anything digital and many things physical. 

TL;DR: You are entitled to jack. 

9 hours ago, SeeD said:

Your argument is so poor that its silly

The devs did not sell the fountain pans, they did not make money off it, people who spent money on it did so via player to player trades, NOTHING to do with CC at all.

Goverments change laws on things all the time.

I didn't sell you your monitor, people who spent money setting up factories and stores did so via the global economy, NOTHING to do with me at all.  Means I can have it then right?  In fact I'll leave you a bag of full beans AND a bag of ground coffee.

And governments don't have a business to run, they can piss people off WAY more, to the point of right before a coup d'etat in fact.

Comparing Wurm with a government its the biggest fallacy, Wurm its a business, way easier to ditch (as I and many did), and its right now in grasping mode. So hardly they can afford to lose any more players, unless, that'ts the plan....

god, I love me some conspiracy theories...

But well, thing its, they better replace the fountain pans with something like Ecrir proposed, and make the game a LOT less hardcore if they want to see any influx of fresh, tasty, delicious meat.