Sign in to follow this  
Rocklobstar

[Fixed] Can't reuse changed locks: The door lock is already in use.

[21:50:11] The door lock is already in use.

Any lock that was once in use - cannot be re-used on another thing, and gives this message.

Tested with door locks and gate lock.

I have tried mailing previously used locks from freedom to chaos with same issue, so it is cross server, sadly. If someone might think that this would be a work around :P .  

This issue was addressed earlier this month http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/142059-patch-notes-07jun16/

Are you experiencing this with newly removed locks?

I just tried on gates on my deed and was able to reuse locks from one gate to another.  

Is your issue on deed, off deed, on pve, on pvp?  Do you have the keys for the locks?  Are you trying to lock multiple gates by queing the same lock?

bump 

[15:43:01] The door lock is already in use.

newly returned lock ( 15minutes) on chaos

on deed

no keys

not queing multiple

I've reproduced this on live with door locks and adding a new bug.  

3 hours ago, platinumteef said:

bump 

[15:43:01] The door lock is already in use.

newly returned lock ( 15minutes) on chaos

on deed

no keys

not queing multiple

I do not have an issue with gate locks - that's the one that was addressed previously.  If anyone has the issue still with gate locks, please let me know your exact repro steps.

12 hours ago, Alectrys said:

I do not have an issue with gate locks - that's the one that was addressed previously.  If anyone has the issue still with gate locks, please let me know your exact repro steps.

Player on CA help channel stated he cannot attach a brand-new gate lock to a brand-new iron fence gate (off deed in his case). He was advised by another team member that it's a new bug and that devs are aware of it.

Edit ... [13:27:43] The server is shutting down in 20 minutes. Reason: Hotfix for off-deed gates. Up to thirty minutes downtime.

Edited by Eobersig

1 hour ago, Eobersig said:

Player on CA help channel stated he cannot attach a brand-new gate lock to a brand-new iron fence gate (off deed in his case). He was advised by another team member that it's a new bug and that devs are aware of it.

Edit ... [13:27:43] The server is shutting down in 20 minutes. Reason: Hotfix for off-deed gates. Up to thirty minutes downtime.

Yes, that was a different issue that was just introduced yesterday and fixed today.  The 'already in use' issue is a different one.

Bump. This bug is still happening. 

[21:59:25] The door lock is already in use.

The lock issue that is being experienced now is different from what happened during this report.  Before, you could not attach, remove and reuse a lock.  A fix was put in for this and now you can attach, remove and reuse a lock.  HOWEVER, there are some old bugged locks around that were attached and removed before the fix.  These locks cannot be reused.

If you try to attach a new lock, remove it and attach it again, it should work.

I'm going to add your post to the other existing bug thread and close this one.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/145031-gate-locks-not-attaching/

Fixed: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/154181-patch-notes-18may17/