Sign in to follow this  
Davih

Be careful about Thengren X_X

Well, it must be said that this may be in part my fault, anyway this is the story:

This guy starts playing in a nearby deed, which is in my alliance, and asks for help, because he needs work to do to get money for his premium.

I didn't really have work that needed to be done. but i had some rock shards, so i told him he could make bricks for me, at 1s/k since i was putting the rockshards (and a decent enchanted chisel) and i was selling them at 1.85s/k

He said he was happy with the price and started making bricks, after just a day he had more than 600 bricks, so i paid him for them.

Then we had a little talk, i discovered he was an old player which had some pretty high skills, 60 masonry, 40fc and other stuff

Since he was so eager to work and pay for his premium, i volounteered to pay his premium in advance, so he could make the bricks way faster and work less to achieve the same thing. He accepted, i gave him 10s and he got his prem.
He also stated he would work for me and do everything i needed until his debt was paid off, i told him there was no need to rush, and he wasn't forced to work all the time, just do that a little at time when he felt like doing it.

Well, after this, he helped me attach 2 sheets to my wagon, made 200 more mortar (i prepared him thousands of clay and sand cause it was "his specialty"). Just half an hour later he had a couple things to do. And he left my deed (with the chisel) to never come back.
I let a couple weeks pass, then i asked him if he could help me with some more bricks, he just said "yeah sorry, i've been busy, i'll come later" two or three times, to never actually come back even for a minute.

Until one day i found out that he had just left the deed he was in (without telling anyone),unfriended me and left without any explaination, probably blocking me or tells in general.

Now, i swear i perfectly understand that this is just a game, people should just have fun and it's totally normal that someone that was thinking of being able to do something, realizes only later he lacks the will of doing it, or the fun in doing it and stops.

But we could talk about it, he could have offered any kind of help (like coming with me to a dragon slay and give me the loot, or seriously anything game-related to slowly repay what he owed me, i could had even decide to just let the thing go.at some point.

It's this behaviour of removing me without even facing a talk that disgusted me a bit, so well, that's it, if you ever encounter this guy during your gameplay i advise to be careful dealing with him, or inviting him in your deed to do anything o.o

Good story how people should not buy to other people things without knowing them well, especially if they wish something in return for that money. It's good to be kind, but still we are humans and despite everything we care our own survival.

Never trust ppl when is silver on table

sorry that happened to you, there are buttheads everywhere, sadly even in games.

Most people you meet in real life and Wurm are honest, good people who are struggling along with everyone else. The occasional bad apple should serve to remind us of how innately good most people are. I am sorry you encountered such a player.

Good to be made aware of this character. I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. It never ceases to disgust me when I hear about people taking advantage of other's kindness like this. Thengren chose such a cowardly way out of the situation. I just hope the bad karma catches up with him soon.