Sign in to follow this  
Sindusk

[RELEASED] (Client) Free Compass

You no longer are required to have a compass in your inventory, this will just give you a 100ql one by default.

Spoiler

xMac20i.png

For use with Ago's Client Modloader.

Download (Google Drive)

Edited by Sindusk
  • Like 1

Wow talk about mods that need an exploit counter...sigh time for a server side anti cheat...

• Like 3

Thanks Sindusk. I remember once upon a time when the compass always showed perfect orientation, even when moving. It was a sad day when they nerfed it with all that settling business.

A cool feature would be if you could use your compass to set your orientation. Traveling down roads in a vehicles would be better if we could tell the vehicle to go perfectly N, NE, E, SE, S .... I tried to make a mod like this but the movement code is wonky. It would be so cool if I could click on my compass and select Noth to make my toon, vehicle, whatever be perfectly North. Although, this would be server and this mod is client.

Edited by joedobo

4 hours ago, Xyp said:

Wow talk about mods that need an exploit counter...sigh time for a server side anti cheat...

I highly doubt that you would be able to detect this in any way, as it is probably completly client side and not telling the server anything about it.

If inventory does not contain compass (insert Bermuda triangle code here, that disorients clients perceived ROT)

Another nail in the coffin of Wurm Online making items useful, i.e. benefiting compass making and making olive oil "useful". Kill the tedium! Well done Sindusk!

=Ayes= 

Edited by Ayes

On 6/29/2016 at 8:50 PM, Xyp said:

If inventory does not contain compass (insert Bermuda triangle code here, that disorients clients perceived ROT)

On quick glance I'm pretty sure that wont work. All of the orientation of the compass is done client-side based on the client's perceived world, and does not take server data to do it. If you want to test for yourself, use this mod then disconnect your internet. The compass will still rotate properly even while disconnected from the server.

I don't think there's any way you can "counter" this mod server side. Besides, bdew already released a mod that made compass and toolbelt QL meaningless. This just removes the annoying requirement for an 0.6kg compass in your inventory.

This isn't the first, nor will it be the last, client mod that you disagree with. All you can do is hope players abide by the rules you lay out on your server.

Edited by Sindusk
  • Like 1

Yes you are correct, cheating modders like you making the game more useless one at a time, go go cheats! At least bdews still required you have a compass, the toolbelt thing is another crap one too, this all needs some serious fixing by wo devs to give server more control over this crap. #wurm2WoWmodding.

Sorry I guess. I mean, I could keep it all to myself and then you wouldn't even know it exists in the first place. At least this allows you to take actions to try and prevent it. Yeah, sure, maybe a large majority of people would never know about it either if I didn't release it, and perhaps that would be better. But what if someone makes a mod and literally keeps it to their group of friends, playing on your server? You would never know. They'd be cheating and you wouldn't even be aware. At least with this release, you can make your own rules for your server and identify that people are using them through suspicious actions they might be taking (such as never wearing a compass).

13 hours ago, Xyp said:

Yes you are correct, cheating modders like you making the game more useless one at a time, go go cheats! At least bdews still required you have a compass, the toolbelt thing is another crap one too, this all needs some serious fixing by wo devs to give server more control over this crap. #wurm2WoWmodding.

why more control when you can just ban people on suspicion, xyp

• Like 1

The more mods the better for wu and wo. (not saying mods for wo, just that the more wu succeeds also wo benefits)

13 hours ago, Xyp said:

cheating modders like you making the game more useless

useless for who? maybe use one of those hand mirrors on yourself and dont be too critical of others.

hey more power to you, and i hope your server is a succesful one, but dont impose your gameplay style on others.

s5kCaav.png

• Like 7

Maybe you need to use a hand mirror on yourself before attacking others without giving the full story. Trying to make people look bad with half truths while you cheat your way through the game

hey more power to you, and i hope your server is a succesful one, but dont impose your gameplay style on others.

If you don't want my playstyle or anyone elses on you, create your own server don't play on other people's server. If you create your own server to provide your own chosen game experience then these things being controlled by the server would not be an issue would they.

Br3sQc4.png

Edited by Xyp

OMG... please move on Xyp. Didn't know that you have to pay on your server for real money. i hope this community will release some more of this kind of mods - just for you :lol:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, noermel said:

OMG... please move on Xyp. Didn't know that you have to pay on your server for real money. i hope this community will release some more of this kind of mods - just for you :lol:

You don't kind of the whole point of that picture, everything can be purchased with silver in game, which can be earned in game.

each to his own. my comment was a joke. i think i know very well what your purpose is. I personaly using the compass mod from bdew and not that one. Curently im on a fun server where these kind of mods doesen't matter but when i think of pvp severs this should be turned off. Im working on a tool that will warn the player and then kick him out. But it's really hard without some support from the devs and i realized that i cant prevent propper injections from the client. maybe im too low skilled for this and also the wrong forum for discussing that. Im happy that people release mods and that keeps WU alive.

On 7/4/2016 at 1:56 AM, noermel said:

each to his own. my comment was a joke. i think i know very well what your purpose is. I personaly using the compass mod from bdew and not that one. Curently im on a fun server where these kind of mods doesen't matter but when i think of pvp severs this should be turned off. Im working on a tool that will warn the player and then kick him out. But it's really hard without some support from the devs and i realized that i cant prevent propper injections from the client. maybe im too low skilled for this and also the wrong forum for discussing that. Im happy that people release mods and that keeps WU alive.

you wont get support, if anything you'll get yelled at by the devs for making your own anti-cheat system.

On 7/6/2016 at 5:31 AM, Huntar said:

you wont get support, if anything you'll get yelled at by the devs for making your own anti-cheat system.

They never yelled at me in anyway for having an anti-cheat system on DesolationV3. I did hear rumours they were unhappy but honestly have no way of knowing if that was true or false.

Reality is that they would be better served letting the various cheats and anti-cheats show up in WU because if they watch carefully they can likely use it to prevent cheating to a larger degree in WO. Of course this is based on the premise that WO is the more important CodeClub product from a developer viewpoint. If WU is more important then giving people tools to lock down the play experience would go a long way towards helping more server variety appear in WU.

On 7/6/2016 at 2:31 AM, Huntar said:

I doubt this would happen. WO develpers have been firm in the feedback and also in there actions regarding mods. And that is that they aren't going to get involved with things they don't have full control over. The API they keep bring up is for the most part the main involvement I've seen.

this mod doesn't work for me. But, can this be combined with the other compass mod to always show compass?

8 hours ago, joedobo said:

I doubt this would happen. WO develpers have been firm in the feedback and also in there actions regarding mods. And that is that they aren't going to get involved with things they don't have full control over. The API they keep bring up is for the most part the main involvement I've seen.

lol I wish I had the image on hand of devs heckling and threatening a player that was involved in creating an anti-cheat for his/her own server, i believe it was deso (which Nappy mentions, I'm actually thoroughly surprised you didnt see any of it)

but im also certain it wouldnt be safe for me to post such logs here openly sooo

Edited by Huntar

17 minutes ago, Huntar said:

lol I wish I had the image on hand of devs heckling and threatening a player that was involved in creating an anti-cheat for his/her own server, i believe it was deso (which Nappy mentions, I'm actually thoroughly surprised you didnt see any of it)

but im also certain it wouldnt be safe for me to post such logs here openly sooo

If you want to share that info with me privately please go ahead. I don't recall an incident like that with Deso however I will ask around to see if it happened to someone else.

Is this mod compatible with Improved Compass (gives coordinates, heading, height)?

On 6/28/2016 at 6:33 AM, Sindusk said:

...this will just give you a 100ql one by default.

And yet another nail in the WU coffin. Bravo.

10 hours ago, Borgir said:

And yet another nail in the WU coffin. Bravo.

HAHAHA  What coffin???  WU was released specifically for people who want a modded WO experience.  I don't see the problem here at all.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2016 at 3:12 PM, Nuinethir said:

Is this mod compatible with Improved Compass (gives coordinates, heading, height)?

Yes, it will accurately show the Improved Compass data, without needing a compass in the first place.