Sign in to follow this  
Explora

Add options to turn off work messages

A lot of the time when improving we don't need work messages such as "You start to improve the carving knife" and "You improve the carving knife a bit.", we can see that by looking at the damage and imp columns in the open forge window.

At impalongs or community events with many characters nearby being able to turn off everyone else's work messages if we want to see what we're doing and not get lost in a sea of text would be nice.

We already have the useful option to disable work sounds. Please add two options to show or hide 'my work messages' and 'others work messages' from event window. Should be toggleable in game without relogging.

• Like 1

I could get behind this, though I'd quite like the client to hide the messages but still save them to the log files (if such an arrangement is possible).

• Like 1

I'd definitely support this, and it should be an easy fix.  just a local client filter for events.

Client filters sound like a good idea in general, although I recommend always saving full contents to the log, both for the player to see later, and in case logs need to be uploaded someplace for bugfixing/support reasons.

• Like 1

Just now, Ostentatio said:

Client filters sound like a good idea in general, although I recommend always saving full contents to the log, both for the player to see later, and in case logs need to be uploaded someplace for bugfixing/support reasons.

well this is where it'd be a chat filter, not something that stops the log.