Sign in to follow this  
Budda

WU Management IRC Bot

Hey all, a few months ago I made this IRC bot for my personal use to make a few WU server management things a bit easier on myself. I've just done some changes on it last night to remove passwords etc, and put it up on Github.

You can check it out at https://github.com/BuddaT/KangaBot

I'm not sure how useful it'll be to anyone as is, it doesn't come prepackaged, so you'll need to sort out the IRC libraries yourself, and it also needs a few classes from the WU code from server.jar and common.jar. You can either pull those classes out individually, or just add the server.jar and common.jar to the classpath when running it.

It currently lets you shutdown the server, broadcast messages, add money to someone's bank, and remove money from someones bank.

At the very least it might be a good example for someone trying to make use of the RMI commands.

• Like 2

very nice =)

will this also work if i host my server on citadel with the bot on my local machine?

As long as the system running the bot can reach the RMI port of the server - this should work i think.

Do note that it might be unsafe to expose the RMI port to the internet, so you might want to use special firewall rules or a VPN to connect them (if that's an option on citadel).

• Like 1