Sign in to follow this  
jasminth

New food ideas

Recommended Posts

I've been thinking about this suggestion for a while now. How about creating pies for the bakers to bake?

We have blueberries, pumpkin, lingonberries, apple, and cherry to create them

 

This is recipe for cake...I suggest for pie to change ingredient to water

Bread, Milk, Jam and 1 fruit 3 18 33
Bread, Milk, Jam and 2 different fruits 4 24 41
Bread, Milk, Jam and 3 different fruits 5 30 41

Would be great to have peach trees for peach pie

So what you say game developers...let us eat our sweet dessert :) 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 Mmm sweet potato pie puts a smile to my face :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jasminth said:

I've been thinking about this suggestion for a while now. How about creating pies for the bakers to bake?

We have blueberries, pumpkin, lingonberries, apple, and cherry to create them

 

This is recipe for cake...I suggest for pie to change ingredient to water

Bread, Milk, Jam and 1 fruit 3 18 33
Bread, Milk, Jam and 2 different fruits 4 24 41
Bread, Milk, Jam and 3 different fruits 5 30 41

Would be great to have peach trees for peach pie

So what you say game developers...let us eat our sweet dessert :) 

 

I would throw in, if you kept a pie in a satchel, or a small pouch it should keep like 2x times as long as a regular meal, or longer?

 

Also, if you make a meat pie, it should eat like a meal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to add, 

 

Why keep it at conventional fruit pies?  You could literally make anything a pie so long as it includes dough and a clay dish.

 

(and the quality of the dish could effect the outcome, giving a reason for pottery besides amphora's)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tallios said:

I wanted to add, 

 

Why keep it at conventional fruit pies?  You could literally make anything a pie so long as it includes dough and a clay dish.

 

(and the quality of the dish could effect the outcome, giving a reason for pottery besides amphora's)

Hmn good add to pottery there Tallios..clay dish, makes a nice reason to have it, too. Meat pies and pecan..ohhh yes.

I'm remembering mud pies I made as a kid...that might be a useful item in building mats.

Btw thanks for the input

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jasminth said:

Hmn good add to pottery there Tallios..clay dish, makes a nice reason to have it, too. Meat pies and pecan..ohhh yes.

I'm remembering mud pies I made as a kid...that might be a useful item in building mats.

Btw thanks for the input

 

You're welcome, I love playing this game, and think not only could it have more, but it could be more in the gaming world.  I'd love for this game that's been around since before many others would achieve something to rival the flash in the pan games that come and go.   Rolf has built something with Stamina, and I want to see it prosper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since there is corn = corn syrup, but I suppose maple syrup being cooked could yield maple sugar, to be added as an ingredient, since pecan pie, is corn syrup+sugar+pecan. However, don't need to add pecans, just use walnuts and/or hazelnuts.

 

Someone suggested in another thread about adding wheybread, but then could also add seafarer's tac. But, the historical account of it's use, was often infested with grubs. Mmm, protein......ick.

I would suggest nut bread (nuts already exist as do the ingredients for the making of bread), fruit bread (fruit already exists that are used in the making of such bread), potato bread (potatoes would just have to be added in addtion to flour, pinch of salt and water). These breads are unleavened, no yeast required, heavy breads. Slow decay time. The fruit bread would ferment before it became moldy.

 

Mincemeat pie. Apple, cherry, wine, meat, animal fat are just some of the ingredients. I would think such a pie would require a high skill as there are large amount of ingredients required.

 

If there was some form of canning, storing of fruit in clay vessels, sealed with wax could yield brandied (wine) fruit. Which was often how some foods were stored. Herbs and salted water to store other foods. Many of these were ingredients in foods cooked during the winter months.

 

Kitchen was the home apothecary. Not just for cooking. A lot of alchemy occurred in the kitchen as well.

Keeping this in mind, a lot recipes are possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have cake but no pie? ...
we have cake but no pie!!

+1 for pie

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2016 at 7:19 PM, Steveleeb said:

We have cake but no pie? ...
we have cake but no pie!!

+1 for pie

 

As we don't have pizza, or buritos or shaormas :))

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this