Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

Mail Limitations

Well Rolf don't actually make anything off of the mailing costs, it is just a silver sink, but a small one at best.

Makes no difference on a pvp server. There are plenty of ways to keep your items safe. Nobody even uses mailboxes to keep items safe when we have alts.

+1 to op, it really is just another rotten cherry on an already half decayed cake.

• Like 2

-1, I would like to see more restrictions on the mail system, not less.

All the Quality of Life "improvements" like cheap mailing or teleporting ships, have so far only led to more players leaving Wurm.  

Edited by Cista

On 22/07/2016 at 5:06 PM, Cista said:

All the Quality of Life "improvements" like cheap mailing or teleporting ships, have so far only led to more players leaving Wurm.  

Do you have proof of this causation?

• Like 2

will it really take 1k of players to unsub before we get this mechanic removed...

Along with the weird mechanism, I reached 0 on two different accounts with only a few (or none) mails pending. So yah, something have to be done for that one for sure.

Mailing limits are bad for business.

• Limits any type of rental business like the meditation rug rentals.
  • Limits those trying to run a imping service.  (Can only get your armour imped a certain number of times? Really?)
  • Limits crafters who make non-mailable items and the people who would like to buy those items.
  • Priests who rely on others for crafting.
  • Sending items for enchantments uses up your limited number of mailings.
  • Forgot something on your deed?  Having a villager send it to you uses up another mailing.
  • When you buy that weapon, you might want to consider how many mailings are left on it.

Mailing limits damage the Wurm economy.

• Like 4

Don't they like, reset often? I was able to gear out like 4 or 5 players via mailing not long ago without an issue...?

i mean if it's to the point where I am able to gear out 5 people in complete plate with weapons, maybe you shouldn't consistently send out items 10 times a day and you won't run into the limitation.

unless it's like bugged or something and I'm missing it

e: like every poster here seems to be reaching as far as they can with this, like look at the post above mine. Lmfao

Edited by UnknownOrganism

13 minutes ago, UnknownOrganism said:

Don't they like, reset often? I was able to gear out like 4 or 5 players via mailing not long ago without an issue...?

i mean if it's to the point where I am able to gear out 5 people in complete plate with weapons, maybe you shouldn't consistently send out items 10 times a day and you won't run into the limitation.

unless it's like bugged or something and I'm missing it

e: like every poster here seems to be reaching as far as they can with this, like look at the post above mine. Lmfao

it's a 10 mail cap per that specific item.  So you send your drake out to get imped or something, it can only be done 5 times (mail there, mail back)

gary explained it to me in baby terms

remove this garbage that's dumb

Edited by UnknownOrganism

I don't mail enough items to remember/notice this change but... That's pretty silly. As people said, on the chance I want my tools impd, it can only be done 4 or 5 times. 4 times being if you had the thing mailed to you in the first place, and 5 if you got it in person initially.

+1 from me - does the limit serve a purpose?  I thought it was to prevent PvP folks from mailing out all their goodies when they get raided, but that seems a little flimsy, and there must be better ways of accomplishing that (e.g. no mailing within 5 minutes of an enemy being in local)?

The limit was implemented when the cost to mail items was reduced.  People (like Cista) screamed that it was bad for the "local merchant" economy, so the devs obliged by imposing the limit.  Also at the time, plotting a course to travel cross-server had not been implemented either.

This limit is fine, I have no problem with it, but what I don't like is suddenly not being able to mail an item.  So as I stated in a previousl thread on the suggestion board, here is what needs to happen:

1.  Leave the 1c mailing as is, for any item that is mailed up to 10 times.

2.  After the item is mailed 10 times, the item can continue to be mailed, for the previous mail cost of 10c on server and 20c off server.

Fixed.

Edited by Wargasm

The cost does not need an increase, just a removal of the limit.

You are right, it doesn't need an increase in cost, but I'll accept it to appease the crybabies.

The limit  has been in effect for a very long time.  It wasn't changed when the mail cost was reduced.  This was in the game before I even started.  It still should be removed.  It no longer has a purpose as there are loads of ways to protect or not protect items in PVP now.

• Like 1

as someone that's played pvp servers in wurm for 6 years or so my first options for preventing enemy from getting my stuff are offline alts, bank, or super high ql metal door on deed with a nice simple reinforced mine with a high ql boat with high ql lock

mailing is literally the last thing i'd ever do like its never ever crossed my mind to even do

• Like 2

[21:40:40] <Neville> I have a large maul, iron (SDN83L82C44M54) that has a mail limit of 0, so I cannot sell it to anyone because I can't CoD the item... so I'm asking if the mail limit can be reset on the item?

[21:45:31] <Enki> okay I understand now.   I do not think we can reset it, but what you need to do is make a request in suggestions and ideas of the forum to have the mechanic removed that limits this mailing stuff

[21:45:44] <Enki> get support for it and the devs will try and fit it into their schedule

[21:48:02] <Enki> we will also point this out to our Community Relations Coordinator to push

Edited by Neville
  • Like 1

+1 to the OP.

On 7/22/2016 at 2:06 AM, Cista said:

<_< Really?  "Quality of Life improvements" are killing the game?  Yep, I'm afraid you lost me there.  Isn't that part of the appeal to all of the people that left WO to play WU?  The ability to control the mod improvements to the game.  I understand that there are different triggers for different people, but I would list off things like the partial addition of new clothes as a reason.  Let's see here, I have a red cloth tunic and red cloth sleeves.  Where's the rest of the outfit, and why is it Orange?  The cloth jacket is definitely Red, and I'm sure the red cloth tunic is some faded out shade of re.... nope still looks orange when compared to the cloth jacket.  I can only assume we were supposed to pair this new off colored tunic and sleeves with some other garments, or just run around with only a chest and sleeves equipped.

But yeah, I'm sure all of those people that have left were really upset about not having to spend 6+ hours sailing across Xanapoop.  :blink:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Neville said:

[21:45:44] <Enki> get support for it and the devs will try and fit it into their schedule

:^)

Most people do not even realize there is a limitation.  That is until they smack their head against it.  Sure hope it finally gets changed.

How about removing some limitations in exchange for higher cost on those particular items.