Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

Mail Limitations

lFO8LzO.jpg?1

This is crazy, it is time to send my huge axe out to my favorite weaponsmith who lives on another server. But I can no longer do this, I will have to either find a new weaponsmith closer, or spend a few hours sailing over and waiting for the weapon to get imp'd. Which is ridiculous as I will have to make sure he is on and doing weapons at the time I go over to get the work done. Even if I find another weaponsmith on the same server, it will mean waiting around while he does the work.

• Like 7

They want to make it easier for returning players to get around in wurm, how about removing this restriction?

• Like 1

I've the exact same issue with my favorite sword. 

• Like 1

I never reached limit yet but I have to admit as soon as I will have my armor smithing skill up and will have to imp and make stuf... that will be sad... so +1

• Like 1

I have seen this topic in the S&I section before. Maybe it will be transported there to find its proper homeland. Heck, even the older topic could be dug up or referred to as well.

=Ayes=

19 minutes ago, Ayes said:

I have seen this topic in the S&I section before. Maybe it will be transported there to find its proper homeland. Heck, even the older topic could be dug up or referred to as well.

=Ayes=

I would of posted it there, but its not a suggestion really per say, its a old mechanic that serves no real purpose and is even more of a problem now due to mail being reduced to 1c as items are sent away for imping more often, rather than waiting a longer period. 

Dev's don't seem to read the suggestions section, but I will from time to time see them post in this forum.

Especially after seeing how fast the faction fight guys got there 'suggestion' booted right to the top of the list this seems a more appropriate place to make this post.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

If suggestions about returning players get more consideration then consider how the mail limit effects them; I have only a few items which are worth mailing multiple times and I have played 3 years. Imagine how frustrating it must be to be to a returning player who can't even mail their items when they log in.

• Like 3

Another thing that restriction that I can't understand why it exists on PvE servers. Just reset the counter once and then keep the feature on Chaos and Epic and remove it from all other servers. If they kept it to promote local crafters they should have kept the high mail fees instead. This limitation alone only causes problems now that the server population is so thinly spread.

• Like 2

@Arium

Without the limit you can keep mailing precious items from one alt to another indefinitely to keep expensive loot safe on PvP servers. If the PvP folks don't want it ok, but I'm pretty sure that they'll start complaining once they see that happening :P.

Edited by Anothernoob

I have several items that I can no longer mail.  This is the silliest thing now.  It should have been removed ages ago but for some reason it isn't something they seem to be able to lift.

And I am sure that this does not make sense to newer players that have no idea why this was ever put into place.  (Pvp will need to argue their arguments but I'm sure they have found many ways around this since it has been in place forever it seems.)

Edited by Pashka
  • Like 1

also the cost to mail a barrel of source is 45S and 1C, it was 1S and 1C a few months ago. wtf???

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elroth said:

also the cost to mail a barrel of source is 45S and 1C, it was 1S and 1C a few months ago. wtf???

The mail price of liquids (actually, any combine-able material) is calculated per unit. The unit of water is per 1 kg, but the unit for source is per .01kg, I think, so the mail cost of any appreciable amount of source is prohibitively expensive. It has been this way for a long time.

7 hours ago, elroth said:

Please do not derail my topic about mail prices, this is about the limitations of sending items.

+1 always been a silly idea. While we're at it can we do away with things that don't fit in mailboxes? Anything that is currently "too big" should just cost 2c to send instead of 1c. Perhaps add a new, larger mailbox type if it pleases people better. Drives me nuts when i have to hand deliver things like longbows while 90% of other creations can be mailed.

• Like 3

When you buy a rare ropetool and can't mail it out for imps

?

*it does give me a reason to visit friends in Indy though. Maybe this is more about getting hermits out of their holes?

Edited by Toolhead
  • Like 1

Wasn't this put in for pvp reasons though?* Maybe just remove the ability to use mailboxes when enemies are in local (this might be a thing already, haven't pvped in awhile though.) 

I'm for the removal though, there are better methods to handle this. I've actually never run into it yet for some reason however, unless it was changed recently haven't been actively playing this week.

*Like I know pvpers are going to probably troll me if i don't explain here, but seriously sending off your entire inventory to avoid losing items isn't what pvp is about might as well be playing on freedom then if you afraid to loose stuff.

Edited by Niki
  • Like 3

+1

the limitation was for PVP yes so they cant mail goodies out to safety if they know they are getting attacked.

but they can counteract that with no sending with enemies in local and maybe mail time frames where a deed has to set at which hours they can mail items and cant mail anything unless in that time frame.

The pvp counter is just putting all your gear on a alt and logging it off for ever.

• Like 1

They should remove all restriction to mail on PVE and probably should just restrict mailbox in PVP to just sending letters

+1 remove it. pvp have ways of keeping their shinies safe and always will unless u break the game. 

that is stupid and sick and cant even read that topic!!!!   ROLF should do something about it...   Allow us Mail everything and at any time!!!     Remove all restrictions and Make yourself more coins from us!!!!    LETS DO BULK MAIL aswell!   Full Create of items for 10c mailcost!!!!   

Edited by Sila
  • Like 1