Sign in to follow this  
Tryst

Sconce or similar for wall mounted lights.

We have hanging lamps, although I would prefer them to be available as an iron version as well.

Has anyone tried to create a wall mount that these lamps can hang on instead of having their own post? Maybe a wall mount bracket that attaches to the lamp itself and then fixes to the wall as one unit. We have tapestries that can hang on the wall so I wondered if someone could use the same code to mount any type of object on a wall.

New part - Wall Bracket (Iron)   ;Takes the place of the log to attach to the lamp and the end result is treated as a normal lamp.

New description of end product - Wall mounted Lamp.   ;Fixes to wall only and cannot be planted (max one per tile).

In this way, we can have other types of lighting inside a building other than Braziers and Candelabras. Since the lamps go on at night and off during the day, this will allow lights to go on and off inside the house too if that part of the code is retained. Not a particularly difficult mod for anyone who knows how, given that most of the code already exists.

Similarly a Sconce for a Torch to make wall mounted torches for caves etc.

Edited by Tryst

I am surprised nobody has even commented on this, I feel this is a much needed mod for items that should have been standard in the game.

On 6/26/2016 at 5:24 AM, Tryst said:

Has anyone tried to create a wall mount that these lamps can hang on instead of having their own post?

Most of us just push the regular ones into the wall so that the posts no longer show. They look exactly like wall mounted.