Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #25 Tweaks and tidbits

The problem I have with pens of any decent size is the animals all gather in 1 corner. 50% on the corner tile, 75% within 1 tile of the corner, it's rather ridiculous that animals will stand on a packed tile until it starves, while there are 20+ grass tiles nearby and that 10 animals will pack themselves into a corner until they all get diseased and die. A hungry horse should go look for food, and an animal should check a tile population before moving there and choose elsewhere if over 2 or 3.

Sorry to hear about your foal Malena! Disease was not touched at all though, we went with the carrot (payouts for killing bred creatures) rather than the stick (disease increases).

As for the foal model, could you please post this under the sound and model bugs? I'll have Saroman fix it up!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Sorry to hear about your foal Malena! Disease was not touched at all though, we went with the carrot (payouts for killing bred creatures) rather than the stick (disease increases).

As for the foal model, could you please post this under the sound and model bugs? I'll have Saroman fix it up!

Thanks Retro, and good to know that it hasn't been changed. I guess I've just had especially bad luck lately. As they say, when given lemons, make lemonade, so perhaps I should get to work with my animal husbandry and get " It looks unusually strong and healthy " into my horses bloodlines hehe. 

Oh and I realized later on that actually that particular foal had the "It has some illness" trait, so perhaps that put together with the diseased state was just too much.

And considering the above, it explains why I probably never had the issue of horses dying off earlier was because I've always culled the bad traited horses immediately. The rare horses brings a new scenario in which one would not want to kill them off. 

I've also left a bug report. Thanks again!

On 6/24/2016 at 2:16 PM, Nightbreed said:

What about unicorns, Their so hard to find on Indy, That i've only see one in the entire world. 

My bad...

[2016-07-11] [15:21:24] An old unicorn is dead. R.I.P.

[2016-07-11] [15:29:40] An old unicorn is dead. R.I.P.

[2016-07-11] [15:35:51] A mature unicorn is dead. R.I.P.

[2016-07-11] [15:46:09] An aged unicorn is dead. R.I.P.

I'll send you a PM where I found them.  I don't think I got them all.  :ph34r:

• Like 1