Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #25 Tweaks and tidbits

If this applies and probly even if it doesn't apply.  I think that another change to go along with this is the ability to stop someone from sac'ing on your deed.  I realize on PVP that they will not want that to apply but on PVE it should.

so culling of horses and increased coin drop is all servers but Xanadu?

16 minutes ago, Damascus said:

so culling of horses and increased coin drop is all servers but Xanadu?

Xanadu is the only server with wild horses.

• Like 1

Non premium changes

One of the suggestions raised in Factional Fights' video was how returning players struggle due to characteristics being reduced to 20, after a discussion among the dev team, we've decided to remove the reduction of characteristics! This means a player who has previously been premium, but since lost premium does not have their characteristics capped at 20, just their skills. This means they may pilot a boat, ride a horse, and carry their tools (provided they could before!). This will go live in the next update, and hopefully make returning to Wurm that little bit easier to get back into.

Need to speak with PVP players before this happens, honestly I am shocked this is even being mentioned. You put a restriction for local on non-prem, then you remove that, now you want them to be able to do just about everything? This will tear PVP apart even further than it is already. As stated above free Catapulters, treb users, priest batt. Please speak and listen to your PVP group before making some wild change like this.

• Like 1

Why not just keep any changes from being on PVP. Seems that is where all the big problems would lie.  Make PVP premium only.  Then you only have serious players on those servers.  Non Premium players that are on PVP servers should get ported to the main server deed for protection and abitlity to be moved off of epic.

I do not play PVP so this is just an observation.

• Like 1

I didn't read all posts carefully so maybe I missed it.... but without cave and surface layers being separate for altars then it just got A LOT harder to put down stone altars

Sorry not everyone has or wants to go find 50 silver/gold ore for everyone that wants their own altar so they can make an ugly altar when stone is smaller and looks a lot nicer

Unless we're going to be allowed to build any altar in any domain now?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

This means a player who has previously been premium, but since lost premium does not have their characteristics capped at 20, just their skills.

Does this mean non-premium can raise stats too? or just frozen at when they lost premium?

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

To combat this, we have increased the chance of getting a rare coin from killing a bred creature to make it five times more likely than killing a wild one (about 1 in 20 now).

Aw man, and just yesterday I culled 170 animals (I was trying to get the new horse colors). Put 17 damage on my QL 90 sword. Only got 1 rare coin from killing, although I did get 4 from burying.

Before:

fsRkcMj.png

After:

dyo9pWB.png

Bonus: Find the traumatized foals!

Edited by LaRue
  • Like 1

Great. Erupt/Freeze just got harder to use.  In fact you just made it so I can't even use it on my own deed without bringing in a Mag priest to build an altar I can slide in and out of my mine. Maybe just make it so religion has nothing to do with mediation skills and get rid of the Mag/no domain requirement.

On a separate note is good to see the examine slope message return. I was just complaining about that.

Edited by Cunk
formatting

Is it possible to also look into allowing non prem people to accept deeds?  I have no idea how this will affect PvP but afik on PvE, you can hand a deed over if you are non prem but you cannot take a deed if you are non prem. Given you don't need to be prem to place a deed (using a deed stake you don't even need to buy a deed paper), I don't understand why you can't be handed a deed back if you handed it to a char who can make some changes on the deed.  If worried about chars poofing while holding deeds, make it so only chars who have been prem before, can take a deed.

• Like 3

I love the work, they all seem like good changes.  2 concerns:

1.)  Altars cannot be pushed or moved  (metal or wood).  I was really hoping to see this when I saw the picture update.

2.) The PvP ramifications of the freemuims now.  (i don't pvp but I understand their concerns)

Otherwise, THANK YOU for the hard work.  Keep it up.

• Like 1

no more premium needed?  
NOOO

so if i play every day 1h is not worth to reprem?   how can i get my money back?     i just buy 1 year premium and i dont need more skill   if i know that 3 days ago!!!

when i get time to play 8h+ a day wurm then will prem with referal.

Just now, Sila said:

no more premium needed?  
NOOO

so if i play every day 1h is not worth to reprem?   how can i get my money back?     i just buy 1 year premium and i dont need more skill   if i know that 3 days ago!!!

u got this wrong dude.

u wont be able to do anything useful except for riding, driving a cart and a boat.

still wont be able to dig slopes past 60, mine proper ql ores, imp stuff, have decent action timers etc.

only if u prem to be a boat alt for a year, then yes, u totally wasted that cash. tho, u got sleep powders...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sila said:

no more premium needed?  
NOOO

what has happened is they have removed characteristics caps for premiums who lapse.... your skills will be capped at 20 if you don't re-prem.  but not your strength and body and such.

• Like 1

First off are those statues of the nymph in the picture made of gold or they just dyed gold color ? 

Second you guys should seriously consider the ramifications of your actions before you implement things or post about them, changing the domains is one thing but keep above ground and below ground separate please.

Just look at what you guys have done in the past,religion and deities are a joke now that we have what 8 gods ?!?! with more on the way and the 2 of the 4 original being obsolete for the most part.

Third you should really consider talking to the PVP community about nonpremium  alts having full run of characteristics  before you go and do something just because a couple of guys talk about it on a pod cast, there are pages upon pages of good stuff in the  Suggestions & Ideas  section you should consider prior to this dumb idea, I don't even PVP and I realize that's a recipe for disaster. 

And finally now that I can make more money from killing bred creatures, I'm going to breed a CRAP LOAD OF THEM ! 

Why don't you guys be more productive and fix broken stuff instead of trying to reinvent the wheel.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Budda said:

We'll likely enable pushing and pulling of all altars with this change too, as the new system allows them changing tiles easier.

Can the Dev team get a great big hug on my behalf?

11 minutes ago, Edzwarr said:

First off are those statues of the nymph in the picture made of gold or they just dyed gold color ? 

Dyed marble statues.

sweet, breeding horses for coins now!  Time to quadruple my horse farm sizes.

Also, with domains, PLEASE let us create any kind of altar inside of existing domains AND move metal altars.  The whole altar set of restrictions is such a pain.  At least do it for PvE.

The lack of consideration to the PvP community this week has me pretty upset.

1. Alts riding horses and sailing on Chaos now.  I wont beat that horse again.

2.  Finally offering insanity path changes, but ZERO mention of any glimmer of hope for changes to meditation. 

3. No mention of PvP changes at all, like any other week.  

Oh and btw.... please tell us the RGB of those statues in the screenshot ?

• Like 1