Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

HelaerRift Participation

So far I've enjoyed the rift I attended and walked away with a nice lump of seryll.  This is mostly because I had some downtime in between healing (usually after LoF casts) to poke monsters with my spear.

A role often overlooked is that of the healers, we're busy people who sink a lot of prep time into keeping folks alive.  Not just the magic healers but those helpful people who run around applying cotton and covers.  It would be nice to see a small participation gain for healing people (WITH A DIFFERENT IP ADDRESS) in the rift area, be it by first aid or by magic.

For magic make it based on the mana expended:

1/4 of a point (rounded up) per person hit by a LoF cast

Maybe 3 points for a full heal

2 points for a cure serious

1 point for a cure medium wound

A 10% chance for a point with a cure light

For the mundane healing just make it based on the type of wound:

3 points for treating a serious wound

2 points for treating a bad wound

1 point for a medium wound

A random chance (10%) for a point when working on a light or less wound.

• Like 2

(Mundane healing) A couple of folks have taken a good span out of combat to save me and others with cotton and covers. They gain nothing and lose momentum to save others. The priests present at the two I have been to have done their usual excellent jobs like they always do at other fights. Both kinds are always a welcome sight through the red mists. So +1 to any boost to healers because they give up their points and kills to keep yours going and protect your skills from loss.

I feel Nahjo discrimination in OP. We were 2 nacho priests at the last Pristine RIft, and healing was almost non-stop for 1.5 hours. On a wild guess, we did no less than 50 full heals... (if you add up all healed hp and divide by 100, i mean) each? Hm, sounds like a lot, i am not sure, but it was literally almost non-stop casting.

AND IT ALL WAS OUT OF THE RIFT ZONE AND IT CAN'T POSSIBLY BE DIFFERENT

+1 to the concept

50 minutes ago, Cecci said:

Why different ip?

most likely to prevent alt abuse by somehow hurting your main (jump off a slightly higher building for a wound) then run up to your alt and heal urself.repeat. profit for being absolutely useless to the overall fight.

while i refuse to participate in freedom rifts so far i heard that the amount of alts some people bring for the seryll lumps are just silly and since rifts scale with player amount all they do is make it harder for everyone else. so hes got a point there.

Edited by Arium

Seems unfair for couples that are playing together.

I usually send my healer to hunts and such, as my main is not very skilled at fighting yet (50fs).

The Fo priest fought a full rift thou and bf was also there.

I didn't heal him thou afaik.

well, another option to prevent this would be to give healing participation points for all players healed that are logged in from a different ip.

but i guess wether/how this would be tried to avoid is up to the devs if this is implemented as they should know their capabilities best.

2 hours ago, Cecci said:

Seems unfair for couples that are playing together.

I usually send my healer to hunts and such, as my main is not very skilled at fighting yet (50fs).

The Fo priest fought a full rift thou and bf was also there.

I didn't heal him thou afaik.

Could always(If they haven't already) assign each client launcher a unique code.  All instances of the client running on one computer would show the same code, where as clients running on different computers would have different codes.  Could sort alts that way so couples or room mates could play together without penality.

Just going to bump this since it would really be a nice addition!