Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 22 June 2016

1 hour ago, MrGARY said:

This is just wanting to get more loot on alts.

You got me; I spent hours blazing a trail to the rift and setting up a public camp so that as many people as possible could participate because I wanted an extra shoulder pad on my alt, even though I knew I wouldn't even be able to attend the Rift in question. I then spent the whole next Rift tanking and pulling mobs and assisting sub-par fighters in hopes that I would steal their loot. On top of that, I used my alt to heal mostly sup-par and newbie fighters in hopes that they would give me their loot.

Would some of the opponents on this topic please consider that the rest of us may be trying to build a structure where dedicated fighters, hybrid fighters/healers and dedicated healers all have a role and incentive to participate. Would you rather play a turn-based game where you fight a few mobs, back out and heal, and then go back in? Or would you rather that the entire group be able to coordinate their efforts to fight as effectively and actively as possible?

If i just wanted more loot I would have left my priest home where he can earn at least a silver a day farming rather than have him spending favor healing strangers in hopes of developing a more exciting and rewarding experience for the entire community. All we are suggesting is that this system be promoted and rewarded.

Edited by Aeryck
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MrGARY said:

That's not really the same because a priest healing a group in a pvp fight can make a massive difference and make people actually win the fight

With a rift you can just back out and heal, the mobs don't even go past their boundaries.  This is just wanting to get more loot on alts.  If it's a main priest they are capable of fighting and casting in combat, I don't think anything should be tweaked

Actually all i want is for my priests to get enough participation so they at least get the moon metal, i need a lot more for a future project.  

My purpose is to hopefully prevent someone from taking the red tunnel, because I personally do not like having to spend 6-8 hours to get 0.250 of skill back in WC (despite my enjoyment for removing the visual scourge that is called Walnut) and I presume no one else does either no matter the skill or level.  I do not have skill lock yet, close, but i hate meditation so much it is difficult.....  And i say "someone" as stuff happens, newbie or whatever the opposite of newbie is you can be killed just because you happen get unlucky.

And ya sure you can back out, but say you have a sliver of health left, how long are you going to be out of the fight if you are using cotton on yourself?  How much loot or chances for loot are you going to lose because you have to go heal up vs a nice light of fo during key points of the fight or a priest on sideline that can cast heal or people who cannot fight doing first aid or whatever?   Do you want to be on the sidelines for a couple minutes because you got a little too much attention?  Or running back from you tent to get your gear (hopefully not getting any agro naked) so you can equip.....  

Just saying lot more potential for the people to get even more loot when there are healers/support present and again, (at least in my case) I am only asking that my heals at least get enough participation to get moon metals as my main is fighting for loot.

5 hours ago, MrGARY said:

That's not really the same because a priest healing a group in a pvp fight can make a massive difference and make people actually win the fight

With a rift you can just back out and heal, the mobs don't even go past their boundaries.  This is just wanting to get more loot on alts.  If it's a main priest they are capable of fighting and casting in combat, I don't think anything should be tweaked

I have a monk healer in WoW. I never fight. All I do is cast heals. I get rewards.

On 22/06/2016 at 1:46 PM, DevBlog said:

Rift loot range has been slightly increased.

GpBk3wN.jpg

Nothing here once again. Low participation alts got stuff, mains got nothing... Working as intended ? (and yes, I only had my main, just left with some butchering gains).

Edited by Odynn

Most recent rift also with most people ive been in so far and nothing for me ;)

nxvHIs5.png

since we can't use alts to do rifts let's stop alts doing hota thanks

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this