Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 22 June 2016

Rift loot range has been slightly increased.

In order to be eligible for loot upon killing a Rift creature you need to be engaged in active combat and within range of the creature as it dies. This means any strategies of “tagging” or scoring hits and moving on to increase participation will severely reduce chances of getting loot.

• Like 13

this is a nice change, I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

@Keenan

I believe you might know if the source from veins was fixed with this patch or not?

Just now, Fooligun said:

@Keenan

I believe you might know if the source from veins was fixed with this patch or not?

Not yet

• Like 1

Hoozah after three rifts I might actually get something besides Seryll at the end.

i never  tag, i always  stay to  destroy  them,      Wipe the  invaders  off the  map mwhahaha!

• Like 1

Excellent move!  Next for rifts:  Healer love?  I'd bring a cart full of healers, if there was any reward for healing. 

• Like 3

I guess this change will make archery not a viable means of fighting at rift - even if an archer stays shooting at the one creature until it dies an archer is very likely to be out of range.

Edited by Wulfmaer
  • Like 1

Can you please confirm/deny the following rumors/speculation:

1) You need to be inside the active rift area (where /rift works) for the monsters to drop loot

2) You need to be inside the active rift area for kills to counts toward your participation score

This is significant since a common strategy is pulling monsters to the edge of the rift.

Edited by DKSprocket
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Rift loot range has been slightly increased.

In order to be eligible for loot upon killing a Rift creature you need to be engaged in active combat and within range of the creature as it dies. This means any strategies of “tagging” or scoring hits and moving on to increase participation will severely reduce chances of getting loot.

Can't wait to beta test the next bugged rift event, oh wait, yes I can wait, let me know when the system is fixed.

I do take offense to being called a cheater, maybe spend some time watching groups do rifts and figure out how your system is broken rather than accusing players of cheating.

Wurm customer service at a all new time low.

4 hours ago, fatboy said:

i never  tag, i always  stay to  destroy  them,      Wipe the  invaders  off the  map mwhahaha!

I only leave a target when I am like the Black Knight in Monty Python's Holy Grail. :lol:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ClericGunem said:

Number 3 on...

What about Healers?

Even the cotton toting ones who have taken the time to break away from combat to save my butt... While saving others, they get no points or kills either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClericGunem said:

Number 3 on...

What about Healers?

And in case it's not obvious, allow me to expand: Also what about those healers that must stay outside of the Rift zone, because that's where fighters run for their lives and otherwise the whole group would die out.

• Like 1

Last rift I fought with my main and left my Nahjo parked at an altar that turned out to not be outside the aggro range lol. For the entire rift I fought, earning 8th place while my alt healed almost non stop and only earned last place because at the very end I ran him into ranged and did a few heals.

Now if we need to change our tactic to be included, that is fine. But it would be nice to know exactly what will be required to get credit for healing. Is it possible to use a system like lots of MOBA and FPS where healer gains a portion of it's targets points?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Can't wait to beta test the next bugged rift event, oh wait, yes I can wait, let me know when the system is fixed.

I do take offense to being called a cheater, maybe spend some time watching groups do rifts and figure out how your system is broken rather than accusing players of cheating.

Wurm customer service at a all new time low.

If they wanted to call you a cheater, they could just leave you with a little surprise on your next login attempt. They didn't do that. They fixed something that wasn't intended to prevent people who don't contribute from benefiting.

• Like 1

From a priest perspective...

The one i attended I used my main to fight and Fo was casting light of fo and between that shooting arrows (focusing on single target until dead), that one was easy i suspect next time she will not have time to shoot arrows.  My other Fo never got near battle as he was too squishy, but he did a full heal.

Now before i go further, events I attend I will still take both both priests and do the same thing i did (probably minus the arrows as probably not going to have the time, idk), no buts.

Light of Fo is not free, one I can cast once and maybe a second time with a good pause (100 faith), but a third time does not happen without a gem and other heals obviously require gems.
When i am avoiding fights with my priest so i can cast on groups who need it (and not be interrupted) i have to basically stop everything i am doing with my main, i.e. i am probably not fighting or making key moments to stay in the fight, or worse i have accidentally become flanked by something that has agro on me, yes this only lasts a few seconds at a time or more depending on if the fight has moved away and i have to turn a horse that seems to have the same agility as a knarr in a bad wind when i need to turn 180, point is i lose out.

If i have to get my 2nd Fo involved this is even more difficult as then i have to keep one in the fight (main), one in/out of the fight (Fo), and move the third into a safe position and heal the person needing it.

I cannot actually control moment and maintain situation awareness on multiple chars at all times. My main is there to fight and get good loot. My main Fo is there to help not to fight so for now she is merely a on-demand, in-the-fray healer.  The alt Fo is triage, full heals.

So my main looses opportunity to get loot if i am making my Fo useful, which is fine, as my priests i would expect get some token reward.  I was totally cool that it cost me few gems that fight, as both my priests got a nice little seryll lump....Fair trade.  

But it will be  less fun if comes to my main not getting anything due to trying to help with my healers, but getting nothing for heals, and i suspect ill cost more gems in the future.  i would not expect 3x the loot, just would be nice to get the same loot as 1 full time fighter.   I suppose i could level my Fo's FS, but i want the skill on my main and would really defeat purpose of having a healer, i.e. if i spend my time fighting on my healer to get loot then heals would naturally be secondary, my altruism can only reasonably go so far.

• Like 3

i dont understand this healer stuff, every single fight we've done on pvp has been with substandard numbers and we always managed to heal ourselves even if we didn't have prieststhat could heal but most times we did have a minimum cure light on a main, i dunno what the problem is, if theres 50 people you can just back out for 30 seconds and heal the big wounds and go back and heal with lt while one of the other 49 tank

• Like 1

It's simply that they want to heal with their priests. The content should be able to accommodate everyone, not just the people who want to slash and bash.

I have this image in my head of people 'slashing and bashing' so hard in a nerd rage completely lacking situational awareness to need these dedicated healers? Or people rushing and pushing limits in an attempt to get all the loot? It may just be the nature of pve and large groups I don't know, the rifts I have participated in have ranged from 2-10 people working together no deaths and the only horse lost was someone lacking situational awareness. I don't think there is a need for healers unless that's the role someone wants to play and if it's someone's alt then why do they need twice the loot when these events aren't stopping anytime soon. From my point of view it's a bit of fun to break up the monotony and our loot still doesn't even do anything, not everything has to be a cash cow and sometimes things should just be some fun to share with others.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MrGARY said:

i dont understand this healer stuff, every single fight we've done on pvp has been with substandard numbers and we always managed to heal ourselves even if we didn't have prieststhat could heal but most times we did have a minimum cure light on a main, i dunno what the problem is, if theres 50 people you can just back out for 30 seconds and heal the big wounds and go back and heal with lt while one of the other 49 tank

I think it's similar to the argument a while back about people wanting healers to get on death tabs even if they didn't target / deal damage to the killed player because it still should count as an assist. People now want Fo priests to get loot if they heal people engaged in combat but are not themselves engaged in combat.

2 hours ago, MisterTeddy said:

I think it's similar to the argument a while back about people wanting healers to get on death tabs even if they didn't target / deal damage to the killed player because it still should count as an assist. People now want Fo priests to get loot if they heal people engaged in combat but are not themselves engaged in combat.

That's not really the same because a priest healing a group in a pvp fight can make a massive difference and make people actually win the fight

With a rift you can just back out and heal, the mobs don't even go past their boundaries.  This is just wanting to get more loot on alts.  If it's a main priest they are capable of fighting and casting in combat, I don't think anything should be tweaked

Sign in to follow this