Sign in to follow this  
Sila

UPDATE 1.3 Diging same way as mining

2 hours ago, MrGARY said:

toggles?

drop-> on ground / in pile [+ keybinds]

dig-> dig / dig pile [+ keybinds]

profit-> submenu-> profit

right, thats the better way. retro said ADDITIONAL digging actions aswell. shouldve read more carefully i guess.

12 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

+1, why isnt this in yet? like whaaaaaa?

I don't mind the dirt on the ground but sometimes it gets in my face and blocks my view of seeing the tile border. I don't mind dropping a pile in the center of my tile.

23 minutes ago, Zekezor said:

Tried this on WU. It was great.

I do not believe you, it is impossibly difficult to code and/or totally imbalances the game no way anyone was crazy enough to ad it to WU ;)  With the way things have been going i half expect them to make mining like digging instead to slow things down more.

Seriously i would be curious to know if there actually are any public WU servers without this feature and if so what was wrong with the admin to have not added it.  

• Like 1

+1 to this thing that should already be in game since, 2015 (?)

I don't see what's the trouble to drag or "bind e dig", "bind q drop_as_pile"B)

Carry less, put all you carry in a group.. so dirt's the only thing showing in your 'pockets' and start digging...:unsure:

Or people actually level and afk for 10 minutes returning to 1/3 full crate, how's that fun, no wonder dirt sells under 10i / action.:ph34r:

HELLLOOO!!! WHAT IF THIS COMES IN 1.3?????  devs?

On 10/20/2016 at 8:58 AM, Finnn said:

I don't see what's the trouble to drag or "bind e dig", "bind q drop_as_pile"B)

Carry less, put all you carry in a group.. so dirt's the only thing showing in your 'pockets' and start digging...:unsure:

Or people actually level and afk for 10 minutes returning to 1/3 full crate, how's that fun, no wonder dirt sells under 10i / action.:ph34r:

Because actively watching the screen during leveling is seat of your pants action? 

• Like 2

someone offical should respond why this is not ingame jet?*

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sila said:

someone offical should respond why this is not ingame jet?*

retro already said why

it won't be added until they've fixed the issues with ghost items

• Like 2

On 9/22/2016 at 1:15 AM, ClericGunem said:

I do not believe you, it is impossibly difficult to code and/or totally imbalances the game no way anyone was crazy enough to ad it to WU ;)  With the way things have been going i half expect them to make mining like digging instead to slow things down more.

Seriously i would be curious to know if there actually are any public WU servers without this feature and if so what was wrong with the admin to have not added it.  

Too lazy to add modding or click the checkbox in server features (which I don't think works, haven't tried).

Possibly there are some old players from classic wurm that don't mind the old way, not everyone fits into your square peg hole.

As for ghost dirt piles, I only get those on WU when I summon and drop dirt. Otherwise a good reason not to implement. Those piles are annoying and the official servers don't restart often enough to keep them cleared.

Edited by Roushi

53 minutes ago, Roushi said:

Too lazy to add modding or click the checkbox in server features (which I don't think works, haven't tried).

Possibly there are some old players from classic wurm that don't mind the old way, not everyone fits into your square peg hole.

As for ghost dirt piles, I only get those on WU when I summon and drop dirt. Otherwise a good reason not to implement. Those piles are annoying and the official servers don't restart often enough to keep them cleared.

They also show up quite often when mining with multiple people. It was reported a long time ago but it seems little to no progress has been made on it, possibly do to the somewhat random nature of the bug. Sense the same issue already exists with mining and has for a really long time, I don't see real reason why not to add it in.

bad5608d57.jpg

Edited by blayze
  • Like 2

On 11/19/2016 at 6:26 PM, Worksock said:

retro already said why

it won't be added until they've fixed the issues with ghost items

thanks, that is actually a good reason, would have been nice if someone had just said that in the thread.  Still hope to see this one day

• Like 1