Sign in to follow this  
Nadroj

About time unique drops were balanced?

How can you expect the dev's to keep up on this forum as well as all the rants in other forums.

Surprisingly someone's idea (old one) to safe guard newbies along roadsides seemed to get more attention in the news than anything else that would of been more useful.

Third drake arrived on chaos today...people can't even be assed to search for the things. Bump for balance!

9 hours ago, Nadroj said:

Third drake arrived on chaos today...people can't even be assed to search for the things. Bump for balance!

A full Drake set from slaying a Drake is plenty.  If MR folks can't be bothered to search for them, then it might be due to your recent

decree that people not leave their deeds until LoG quits again.

I am sure that JK is happy to oblige.

at 0.001 kg on a drop, typical I don't even think 3 drakes are enough for a set

im not sure why more scale drops that drake, always seemed kindve weird to me

i mean even now scale is just valuable enough on those dragons to be worth looking for, i dont think nerfing them is the solution to devs reading this, but i think buffing the hachlings to be at least up to scale levels is appropriate.

epic is dead now so it doesnt matter, but, they give potions, even less drake and scale, and no uniques give tomes.

Edited by Propheteer

12 hours ago, Wargasm said:

A full Drake set from slaying a Drake is plenty.  If MR folks can't be bothered to search for them, then it might be due to your recent

You don't get a set from one kill. Not even close. Takes like 5 or 6 to make one set, so how about you take your ridiculous kingdom war bias elsewhere, it doesn't belong in this section.

• Like 1

Everyone used to lose their s*** when a unique spawned, now everyone is like 'lol who cares'

I'd like to see the chances of sorcery items dropping massively increased, perhaps make it so the items dropped only have one charge so you don't get someone lucking out and getting something like BoA and suddenly having like a 800-900 euro item, but either way it kinda annoys me that people who jumped on the sorcery gravy train early got a 3 charge tome from every single unique killed, so you have players out there literally stacked with every tome, and people who either didn't jump on the gravy train early enough or are just coming to Chaos now need to pay like 300 euros for a single good sorcery item, let alone if they want to have the 3 or so good ones.

• Like 2

On 8/19/2016 at 4:49 PM, Wargasm said:
On 8/19/2016 at 7:10 AM, Nadroj said:

This isn't about "giving MR more drake". Its a simple game mechanic that needs to be fixed. There is a much larger freedom population than the entire chaos pop. This will benefit the larger population more than us on the pvp server. That said.

Off the record: still can't figure out why we can't have positive or educational disagreement responses. Just because you are in a different kingdom on chaos, why do so many people automatically have to say something negative or -1 a thread. In the end, we are ALL freedomer's in the rest of the cluster. My 2 cents. 

+1 to OP's point. stand back and take a look. You get if I recall, 1/5 a drake set per kill, and over 1 for a scale kill. 

If you truly think that a drake gives a full set, I'm sure that a dev wouldn't mind spawning one on the test server, your group kills it, then add up the amount it gave, have the dev take a picture of what was spawned, then we will find out for once and all. That or just look in the WU code. It surely isn't over a set. scale is tho.(sometimes) but not drake. 

Edited by polarbear
  • Like 1

Figured i'd bump this.

Currently, on the freedom cluster

The Dragons themselves are just worth killing as a kingdom, just enough, they usually give enough for a single scale set, a bone, and a chance for a tome.

The Hatchlings are not worth it at all. You average .70kgs hide from a kill total if all participants combine the materials (drake, not scale mind you, you know, the common armor on freedom.) which is like just slightly more than a ###### glove, a bone, and a chance for a tome.

The other uniques are all cool.

Also what nadroj said about oils, over half of them are completely useless, whats with all these half-assed features??????

Please BUFF the hatchling drops, Please DO NOT NERF the dragon drops, and fix the oils so that most of them are actually worth using and have a place in the market.

Also, with how laughable the hatchling drops are on freedom, you guys would be in tears at the drop rate on epic. Both of them give even less than the hatchlings do on freedom with 0 chance of a tome from any unique, lmao. Not to mention you need the hide/scale from the dragons to actually imp the ###### there too.

Edited by Propheteer

Bump, it was changed but there still isn't enough drake hide drop for half a set.

To any developers reading this, try tripling the new rate.

The most you can get currently is something like 1.4kgs, you can get like 8kgs of scale from a dragon.

Edited by MAADposter
  • Like 2

Bump. Still only that slightly change to hatchlings, there's a lotta easy improvements that could be done.

Hatchlings are very variable now, give enough for a fullset sometimes now so it was probably ninja patched again shortly after the original change.

They could still do a lot to them outside of upping the rates again.

On 20/06/2016 at 7:45 PM, Wargasm said:

I'm all for more loot, but the problem is if there's more loot, or more scale, or drake hide whatever... it will further entice the same 10 people that find, pen and kill the uniques to host private fights all the time.

I remember the times i wanted to get the blood from a unique slaying to sell but the unique was slain without any notice. That was the day I learned uniques don't have to be shared with all and instead killed by whoever met it first. Seeing this isn't against the rules it tempts me to wall off rifts with wooden house walls so people can't come in or use a catapult to bash down and hoard all the rift resources for my town. (I won't be surprised if it happens, wooden walls aren't hard to make and theres no threat when making the building a day before the rift, and runes have amazing capabilities)

So -1 to the idea as well.

You're saying you're against the idea of basic balance? If you read the OP you'd notice i'm not asking for more loot i'm asking for proper balance with the duplicate bloods and useless ones. It's really simple and there's no reason not to do it.

• Like 2

On 20/06/2016 at 4:23 PM, Nadroj said:

What i would like to see is some of the, already existing, other potions considered to replace the duplicates and frost/acid potions for more variety and at least consider a slightly better chance for sorcery items ( this one i can live with not changing tbh). Finally for the love of christ increase the drops for hatchlings hide and sort out the RNG with adult dragons which occasionally gives you enough for basically 2 sets and other times not enough for 1. All in all these are simple changes, everything i'm suggesting exists in code.

1 hour ago, Nadroj said:

You're saying you're against the idea of basic balance? If you read the OP you'd notice i'm not asking for more loot i'm asking for proper balance with the duplicate bloods and useless ones. It's really simple and there's no reason not to do it.

I've put it in bold so its easier to spot. And theres no right or wrong answer. Anybody who has an alliance strong enough to slay dragons alone would +1 more than once if they had the chance. But as a person who doesn't fight in the slayings I personally don't want more private slayings. If every unique was worth more, New premium players who focus on crafting wouldn't get the chance to get blood. The only thing im really in favor of us improving the useless potions but you said "For the love of christ increase the drops for hatchlings hide" and thats what turned me off.

51 minutes ago, Soil said:

I don't think that's how balance works Yiraia

The game is extremely open and basically run by players. The rules (as far as i checked in the wurm eula) aren't really strict enough of pve to allow everybody to enjoy themselves. I would only approve of a balance in drop rates if it would have a method where unique slays were open to all (no pens/settlement). I also prefer a portal in every starter town to fight the uniques on a moon (a small less lag intensive instance)

Hate my reasoning as much as you would like but I wouldn't like these creatures being more valuable than they are now without proper events for each of them.

Edit for my mistake - Drake hide drops were already increased, albeit not as much as most would agree was needed so we're really just asking for the potion balances now. Do try to keep up with the differences between "giving people more crap" and "balancing the game".

This doesn't change how people treat private slayings, have always happened and always will  and you're arguing for some asinine reason that the game shouldn't be balanced because of that?

Edited by Nadroj

Bump. Still unbalanced as hell and could be improved with 30 minutes of basic code changes.

• Like 1

Oh a nice thread... Please fix the 20 years needed to get all the tomes without raiding all the servers like we are encouraged to do by some staff... Put back the tomes drop at 100% on humanoid uniques and maybe 30% on dragons... cause right now, the 50% on them seems like 10% and whatever it is on dragons is non existant at best.

On 12/27/2016 at 8:42 PM, Yiraia said:

I remember the times i wanted to get the blood from a unique slaying to sell but the unique was slain without any notice. That was the day I learned uniques don't have to be shared with all and instead killed by whoever met it first. Seeing this isn't against the rules it tempts me to wall off rifts with wooden house walls so people can't come in or use a catapult to bash down and hoard all the rift resources for my town. (I won't be surprised if it happens, wooden walls aren't hard to make and theres no threat when making the building a day before the rift, and runes have amazing capabilities)

So -1 to the idea as well.

Let's float off topic for a minute:

First off, there's no chance that you'd be able to take a rift on yourself, and very little chance of you and a small group doing it.

Second, have you taken a look at the names that show up for rifts? They're usually packed full of vets. Put any wall you want up at any ql. It will be knocked down in a minute or two. You wouldn't be able to get a single longhouse to wrap around the zone, so there would be weak points.

Edited by As_I_Decay

i'd have to give the idea a -1. not that i dont see the point in making useful drops. the main issue is the mafia holding all the kills secret and hogging all the loot then selling it all for a fortune... why should they get given more expensive items while the average player gets ######all. unless that loot change includes a beacon like the rifts when the mob spawns. then no point bothering giving the 1%er more wealth while the rest of us work our asses off all day for scraps

• Like 1

Just now, Ekib said:

i'd have to give the idea a -1. not that i dont see the point in making useful drops. the main issue is the mafia holding all the kills secret and hogging all the loot then selling it all for a fortune... why should they get given more expensive items while the average player gets ######all. unless that loot change includes a beacon like the rifts when the mob spawns. then no point bothering giving the 1%er more wealth while the rest of us work our asses off all day for scraps

This doesn't sound like a reason to not want balanced unique drops. it sounds like a reason you don't like how uniques work in general.