Sign in to follow this  
Darmalus

Underground Living: Lichen

For those of you who desire to burrow into the earth and never emerge into the cursed surface again, I present you the Lichen Garden.

zFLY1ny.png

Lichen Garden

10 rock shards, 2 moss OR 2 lichen. Must be underground on a flat rock tile, not inside a building.

Works like cultivated land that can only grow one crop. Plant some lichen or moss (moss to get new underground colonists started) like you would crops on the surface. Wait for it to grow then harvest.

Lichen: Works just like any other crop (corn, potatoes, ec) for cooking, can go in FSBs. Combine it with fish or meat for tasty dwarf food.

Edited by Darmalus
  • Like 9

Something along these lines is a nice idea Darmalus, although I would eliminate the moss requirement and replace with something else since it is hard to come by in some vast areas of the map. Could just as well use a variety of mushroom to bloom Lichen and other mushrooms for other underground species. Then nice grazing areas could be made underground for horses and such.

=Ayes=

Make it glow. That will satisfy my request for permanent sources of light in off-deed caves.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ayes said:

...although I would eliminate the moss requirement and replace with something else since it is hard to come by in some vast areas of the map....

You can plant it now! I have it everywhere!

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 3:03 PM, LorraineJ said:

You can plant it now! I have it everywhere!

Yes it can be planted but it must be found elsewhere to do so. I am thinking of some WU servers on which it is elusive. Even in WO it will involve some travel to harvest it and that means knowing where it is in the first place. Not that I am wanting any around me on Deliverance though, heh.

=Ayes=