Sign in to follow this  
nekoexmachina

[BETA] nekoexmachina mods: Newest addition - fix for white foals from Creature mod.

my personal github has been removed without consideration or backing up the mods in question. All in this thread is unavailable, except for some stuff by @bdew (take a look at the last page of the thread).

Spoiler

Hey!

Fix for white foals: (NO more Custom8 foals! All foals have their colours set up properly!):

https://github.com/nekoexmachina/nomorewhitefoals/releases/tag/0.0.1

Dont' forget to set fix_old_horses to "false" after it was ran first time!

Big, GIANT thanks go to mrs Toli for giving the idea of the fix. This bugged us for a long while... 😄

Getting started with serverside modding. While tinkering around with some stuff I'm working on, an idea popped that I've seen quite a lot of times before: why do spells break even 99.9ql items? Shouldn't happen!

So, I've looked through the code, tested a bit what works and what not and here we are. This mod is limiting the spellpower, both from lower and from upper boundary (upper boundary is not working as it should for now, but its prerelease.

The casts of >104 are working fine, while being as rare as 100+ casts are by-default. Not 100% sure how often would you see 200+cast).

So, the links:

release - https://github.com/nekoexmachina/wurm-spellpower/releases/tag/v0.0.2

source - https://github.com/nekoexmachina/wurm-spellpower

how does it work?

You set up minPower in spellpower.config and viola, your spellpower would never be less than that. you can even set that to be a positive number, so you'll never see a failure again.. but that just doesn't make any sense.

Default is -50, so no more shattering for items with ql > 50.0 by-default.

You set up  minPowerForAdditionalCast, and if you happen to hit more than that, you gain an additional cast. Additional cast just add a plain number to the first cast.

You set up difficulty in the same place, and viola, your additional cast difficulty will be that number.

The thing that does not work properly currently is maxCast, as I have some issues with understanding how to limit it properly.. so basically, it just adds additional 100 to the upper limit. for now. 

-----

No more lag: 

At Ages of Urath, we've found that our server is lagging quite hard due to 2 reasons: Fog Spiders, that are being culled from database in some buggy way, and Achievements. So, here they are - lag-reducing mods that disable those 2 features. 

Noachievements: https://github.com/nekoexmachina/noachievements/releases/tag/0.1

No fog spiders: https://github.com/nekoexmachina/nofogspiders/releases (this is now merged with noachievements into one mod)

Config for Fog spiders mod has a value: newTemplateId=57 <- that is a templateId for the creature one would want to spawn instead of fog spiders spawn during foggy times. By default, that template id is set to spawn Lava Fiends. 

Cheers,

Mike

Edited by nekoexmachina
  • Like 6

Spoiler

https://github.com/nekoexmachina/bulkitemsseparated mod to separate builk items.

https://github.com/nekoexmachina/addkingdomstuff mod to add every single kingdom item that has a model to craftable items.

There are no JAR files in there atm, but build process is straightforward (install JDK - add dependencies to ..\libs - build). Will publish jars at some point.

Edited by nekoexmachina
  • Like 3

Along these lines it would interesting to have a toggle to disable shattering of rares regardless of any power cast. Although, I guess you could just imp up the rare stuff up to 50ql and use the mods default setting.

Speaking of rarity, I -think- that it might be good to limit 104+ casts to rarity window. As option, of course, but may be that should only happen when you cast your stuff during rarity window, not at the other times. (Doubling the cast that is being cast during rarity window may be?). Never seen a rare drums while casting, but I'm sure I can figure out something to show it if its not showing now. 

updated the release, now it has an option to be dependent on the channeling skill of the caster, instead of being a plain no-break value.

Edited by nekoexmachina

1 hour ago, nekoexmachina said:

Added two mods that help us at Ages of Urath to keep lag at bay. 

Thanks Neko.   

On 7/12/2016 at 1:23 PM, nekoexmachina said:

Added two mods that help us at Ages of Urath to keep lag at bay. 

Seems like Valoria is also being affected by the same lag issues as Urath. If this helped fix the problems on Urath would you guys mind at all if I tried these on Valoria? :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iberis said:

Seems like Valoria is also being affected by the same lag issues as Urath. If this helped fix the problems on Urath would you guys mind at all if I tried these on Valoria? :)

Not at all.. I asked Neko to post them to help until we get a fix.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, razoreqx said:

Not at all.. I asked Neko to post them to help until we get a fix.  

In that case thankyou very much <3

Hopefully if enough of us are having this issue and having to disable the fog spiders maybe it will help make the dev's realise this is a serious bug that needs fixing urgently.

• Like 2

sorry wasn't keeping track of what is going on on the forum. We have found other problem on ages - fog spiders that spawn on their own still contribute to the lag, so please grab new version of the no fog spiders mod. (will publish in a few minutes)

new version removes any and all spawn, not only spawns during fog. so you can't even get fog spiders with wand spawn.

Edited by nekoexmachina
  • Like 1

Also one more release of no fog spider thing: https://github.com/nekoexmachina/nofogspiders/releases/tag/0.3 

This removes the polling cycle that clears out the fog spiders (which I hoped I would not need to do w/ removal of fog spiders spawn), adds remover for counter of Eggs (which contributes to the lag). Also now it is merged with noachievements mod, so if you're updating remove noachievements/ and noachievements.properties from your mods directory.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nekoexmachina said:

Also one more release of no fog spider thing: https://github.com/nekoexmachina/nofogspiders/releases/tag/0.3 

This removes the polling cycle that clears out the fog spiders (which I hoped I would not need to do w/ removal of fog spiders spawn), adds remover for counter of Eggs (which contributes to the lag). Also now it is merged with noachievements mod, so if you're updating remove noachievements/ and noachievements.properties from your mods directory.

If you have any questions add me on Steam @Iberis

• Like 1

limit the fog spiders to 100 or 200 max this will kill any lag with out having to get ride of them altogether. I limited my fog spiders to 100 and they spawn they despawn no lag from them when they do.

12 minutes ago, Arkonick said:

limit the fog spiders to 100 or 200 max this will kill any lag with out having to get ride of them altogether. I limited my fog spiders to 100 and they spawn they despawn no lag from them when they do.

Not really. The polling cycle still will run and still will take precious CPU cycles. The fact that it would run four times faster (100 instead of 400 limit) does not remove the lag. Currently, if my memory serves me right, polling cycle takes about 40 seconds. Lowering that down to 10 seconds does help a bit but not really. 

Edited by nekoexmachina
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, razoreqx said:

If you have any questions add me on Steam @Iberis

One step ahead of you there Razoreqx, sent you an invite. My steam name is Mizova :]

Adjusting the heap size for short lived processes (-Xmn) to a much higher value seems to help these problems as well. I myself do not want to disable them. The achievements I just keep running an sql command during maintenance restarts to set them all to appropriate values (since it is server crossing giving the wrong values that causes the problem). Neither is a good solution, just throwing more hardware at something isn't a fix, but hey we bandaid what we can and hope they fix it properly in the code later.

Unlike Urath & Mythmoor we only have the single server/world. I haven't noticed any issues with achivements so is it just a cross server thing? Or is this another lovely "feature" I've got to look forward too? :P

When you cross servers, achievements get transferred in the unix timestamp format (miliseconds) instead of the date/time string that the code wants from the database. So when it tried to look them up it gets errors, errors make the servers brain hurt. So with 1 server that issue should not be troubling you.

2 hours ago, Xyp said:

Adjusting the heap size for short lived processes (-Xmn) to a much higher value seems to help these problems as well. I myself do not want to disable them. The achievements I just keep running an sql command during maintenance restarts to set them all to appropriate values (since it is server crossing giving the wrong values that causes the problem). Neither is a good solution, just throwing more hardware at something isn't a fix, but hey we bandaid what we can and hope they fix it properly in the code later.

I did this today.   I didnt realize before i moved to hosting i had this setting this high!    Glad you called that out this morning Xyp! 

2 hours ago, Iberis said:

Unlike Urath & Mythmoor we only have the single server/world. I haven't noticed any issues with achivements so is it just a cross server thing? Or is this another lovely "feature" I've got to look forward too? :P

Im told it will be addressed in the next patch.. I think you will be fine when you go and add more clusters.   Right now I wouldn't recommend it.. Its chatty!   Lots of information gets transferred to the login server and the box takes quite a beating.   The more clusters you have the more issues you'll find.    :)

Considering we have only been open since late May and don't have as many players just yet another server is not in the pipelines yet anyway. Hard enough dealing with one map xD

Ok its all set for the next prod restart.    Tested on Dev and working fine. 

this isn't actually working anymore,  for some reason. i'm still seeing them on my game, i'm solo (doesn't play well with nerfers lol)