Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Wild server becoming premium only

Especially when there are ppl who don't have a static IP, kick off your router, go spy, kick off your router again, log your main on.

You seem to know alot about there, any reason why?

Now start to think.

Why should I use alts to spy?

Me and Taya are running around in JK territory whenever we want. Have we ever been killed doing that? hmm... No!

Don't have the need to go around on JK alts.  8)

As well as Wossoo said... Who doesn't know this?

And if you get kicked off every 24h (after you started router last time), like it happens to me.. You know about this. ;)

What about making it harder to get second accounts? At the moment you can register 5(?) accounts to one email.

How about to have a non-prem account on Wild, you need to "link" it to a premium account (yours/someone elses). This account is then held responsible for the actions of the non-premium accounts linked to it.

If a premium account's linked accounts get 3 rule breaks, the premium account is banned. This would mean you could use a non-prem on wild, but only if you could show a prem that you were trustworthy enough and that you wouldn't cause them to lose strikes?

Obviously, some rule breaks would warrant insta-bans of the premium account (such as when the account is spying and it's clear that the premium was fully aware it'd happen)

(that might not be a very good explaination, if it needs clarification, please tell me)

My "boohoo" is an attempt to put forward my points.

and i said: your attempt is pointless. got it? kapisz? the bombs was droped. now go get cover.

and most important - with all this is Rofl didnt came like yesterday. there were many topics about that, many disccusions. you had your time. you could make your statement. now is to late. simpe as this. move along

Moderators on Facepunch aren't paid, heck, even the lead admin isn't really paid for what he does. Yet on Facepunch you can report a user and, guarenteed, within an hour (at the VERY) most a mod will have checked over the post and punished as appropriate.

Moderating a forum is nothing like moderating on wurm. There's no nice little x button to click to delete a post/user on wurm, its not that simple..

My "boohoo" is an attempt to put forward my points.

and i said: your attempt is pointless. got it? kapisz? the bombs was droped. now go get cover.

and most important - all this is not Rofl came with like yesterday. there were many topics about that, many disccusions. you had your time. you could make your statement. now is to late. simpe as this. move along

I'm trying to have a mature discussion about the issue with Balmore and Wossoo at the moment.

Moderators on Facepunch aren't paid, heck, even the lead admin isn't really paid for what he does. Yet on Facepunch you can report a user and, guarenteed, within an hour (at the VERY) most a mod will have checked over the post and punished as appropriate.

Moderating a forum is nothing like moderating on wurm. There's no nice little x button to click to delete a post/user on wurm, its not that simple..

I see what you mean, but using /report and never getting a reply ever in my entire time playing wurm suggests that perhaps we could do with a few more GMs?

If nothing else, there IS a nice little ban button as a temporary solution.

On Facepunch, too, you can cycle your IP and return with an alt. Facepunch admins don't ban you for using an alt after being permanent bans (bar the major bans such as hacking). The punishment is that you lose your account. People still don't make 1000 alts and spam the forum because it's not worth it. The admins will ban you before you do any damage.

OK, I understand that this is a hot topic, but that is no excuse to start flaming & trolling.

I've just deleted all the posts where people lost their cool & the unfortunate thing is that I was often forced to delete a post that had some legitimate comments mixed in with insults.

If this topic needs to be moderated again, it will be permanently locked & people will be banned. consider yourselves warned.

Especially when there are ppl who don't have a static IP, kick off your router, go spy, kick off your router again, log your main on.

You seem to know alot about there, any reason why?

Now start to think.

Why should I use alts to spy?

Me and Taya are running around in JK territory whenever we want. Have we ever been killed doing that? hmm... No!

Don't have the need to go around on JK alts.  8)

As well as Wossoo said... Who doesn't know this?

And if you get kicked off every 24h (after you started router last time), like it happens to me.. You know about this. ;)

What about making it harder to get second accounts? At the moment you can register 5(?) accounts to one email.

How about to have a non-prem account on Wild, you need to "link" it to a premium account (yours/someone elses). This account is then held responsible for the actions of the non-premium accounts linked to it.

If a premium account's linked accounts get 3 rule breaks, the premium account is banned. This would mean you could use a non-prem on wild, but only if you could show a prem that you were trustworthy enough and that you wouldn't cause them to lose strikes?

Obviously, some rule breaks would warrant insta-bans of the premium account (such as when the account is spying and it's clear that the premium was fully aware it'd happen)

(that might not be a very good explaination, if it needs clarification, please tell me)

As long as you have to accept a link... else I could just link an alt to some random JKs account and start causing trouble... unless I misinterpreted it.

As long as you have to accept a link... else I could just link an alt to some random JKs account and start causing trouble... unless I misinterpreted it.

Yeah. A link would essentially be saying "I take responsibility that this account is a legitimate player who is trying to play the game fairly, and accept that if they do not obey the rules, it may have a diciplinary effect on my account".

Also thanks Wolfram.

I doubt that it would work.

Who would risk that?

Anyone who's been trying to accuse balmore for knowing how to reset an IP is silly, it's very common knowledge, get over it.

Now to get back on topic, this is a great idea and i've been personally waiting for this since they decided to let non prems onto wild to begin with.

Also, good idea on MR home server, will be nice to see another home server landscape that isn't ###### by 100232 non-prem accounts.

Good Job Rolf.

Dam i am not prem at the moment because i have exams and can't play, will i be moved to home ??? I will become prem again in like two months. So i think it should be that if you don't log in you don't get moved to home.

What happens to non-prem followers becoming preists? (Fo for example)

A terrible decision that might end up being catastrophic to the game. Shame on you Rolf.

Scribbles, most newbs on wild get raided frequently. So they are probably better off at the Home server.

Seems mostly all the paying customers are agreeing and happy with Rolf, and all those with ties to the hordes of basic players on wild do not.  Hrm...guess that's catastrophic!  I posted this in another thread, and it goes for those who keep basics for well past "i would like to pay for this game".  If you want to stay on wild, pay.  You obviously like it, if your so mad about leaving and have so much invested..why not buy prem?

"This is a business, not the YMCA."

Seems mostly all the paying customers are agreeing and happy with Rolf, and all those with ties to the hordes of basic players on wild do not.  Hrm...guess that's catastrophic!  I posted this in another thread, and it goes for those who keep basics for well past "i would like to pay for this game".  If you want to stay on wild, pay.  You obviously like it, if your so mad about leaving and have so much invested..why not buy prem?

Again: Just because they're not paying now doesn't mean they won't pay in the future.

Everyone tries out the game as a non-prem.

If they can't try the pvp as a non-prem and they're a pvp focused player they will not pay for the game.

I doubt that it would work.

Who would risk that?

It may not be easy to convince people to get a link, but it's much better than an outright ban. Close communities of people who're playing wurm out may have 1-2 long term premium players and try to attract other members of the group to Wurm. If they could link to one of the premium players they'd be able to try the game out and may buy them game once they've tried it out.

Because of the fact they're from the same community, they can trust each other. However, if they don't the premium account gets a strike and the link is revoked. This means that a premium account could have 2 broken links before they need to be concerned about losing their account.

+1

Kalinum, what you dont seem to understand is those that complain the loudest who are basics, have played some time, and have a lot invested.  It's obvious they like the game, play it a lot, and have "tested" it for quite some time.  You'd think common sense would intervene and maybe say to yourself "ok, maybe it's time to pay"..but nope! They want Rolf to spend his money hardcoding, and having GM's police (which is beyond their abilities, despite how hard they work), does that make -any- sense? 

Again: Just because they're not paying now doesn't mean they won't pay in the future.

Everyone tries out the game as a non-prem.

If they can't try the pvp as a non-prem and they're a pvp focused player they will not pay for the game.

You're logic here is fail.

The people who are whining (i.e: the facepunch kids... thats it) are doing so because they've put in "SO MUCH" effort into their spot on wild and now half their members are going to leave and it's going to destroy wurm altogether  ::)

The reality of the situation is, they have a bunch of people who like playing but don't like paying and DO NOT intend to do so as long as they can get away with it. If they love the game as much as they say then they've had plenty of experience with it and as such should have no problem paying for premium in light of the current change.

Also, they can try pvp on home, there is duels and numerous other methods to do so, so don't give me that BS.

This arguement on behalf of facepunch is entirely self serving and selfish and has nothing to do with "catastrophic" consequences for wurm. The only catastrophic consequences that will take place here are the terrible and horrible whining we will no longer have to put up with due to non-prems going back where they belong, on the basic home server.

Kalinum, what you dont seem to understand is those that complain the loudest who are basics, have played some time, and have a lot invested.  It's obvious they like the game, play it a lot, and have "tested" it for quite some time.  You'd think common sense would intervene and maybe say to yourself "ok, maybe it's time to pay"..but nope! They want Rolf to spend his money hardcoding, and having GM's police (which is beyond their abilities, despite how hard they work), does that make -any- sense? 

No sense at all; hate to break it to you, but 90% of the basics probably don't even know this is coming. They don't even read the forums.

All the complaining is done by the people that dedicate their lives to playing wurm and visit the forums often.

All the complaining is done by the people that dedicate their lives to playing wurm and visit the forums often.

Not quite.  I can rearrange that to say "is done by the people that want wurm to succeed on the wild server".  90%? that's a large number.  If you want to be a part of a game, you generally read the forums, and if your part of a town (on wild, you are) then you'd find out pretty quick.

Again, what's so hard about paying?  It's really a simple solution, and on wild it's smart.

Its not the best solution, but it is one, and it is better off then the current hodge podge of rules we have for Basic alts at them moment.

Not quite.  I can rearrange that to say "is done by the people that want wurm to succeed on the wild server".  90%? that's a large number.  If you want to be a part of a game, you generally read the forums, and if your part of a town (on wild, you are) then you'd find out pretty quick.

Again, what's so hard about paying?  It's really a simple solution, and on wild it's smart.

A lot of people have trouble paying for the game. That's an entirely separate issue.

You could rearrange it to say that, but it proves nothing. What're you trying to say?

It's not true that people generally read the forums. I'm sure there are many communities of 4-5 players that just casually play wurm, with perhaps 1-2 of them premium. They don't really care about the greater politics and play wild so that they can enjoy the other aspects, such as more challenging creatures and the more wild environment. By taking out their nonprems, you'll probably make the prems quit and they'll probably disband the deed they use too.