Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Wild server becoming premium only

this is so unfair like. the innocent legit basics get kicked in the balls cause some idiots find it funny to sit outside kyara on a alt. this stuff always happens, the person with the biggest bank account and loudest mouth gets their way (fullkontact obv)

Most epic fail of the wurm.

Another Wurmageddon?

well since there is going to be a Mol-Rehan Home Server, I am surely gonna go there.

Most epic fail of the wurm.

Another Wurmageddon?

this is a good idea ,no matter what anyone says ,sure there will be innocent casualties but rolf cannot please everyone all the time.

lets face is wurm is not expensive so it dont cost much to be prem anyway

alt cannot take part in pvp anyway so they may as well go to home.

may i suggest.. instead of making the server premium only perhaps make it so that free players may enter only when they have 5 skills maxed (at 20).. anyone who doesnt have this requirements either needs to get premium to stay or is booted.. simple as that.

That really is a great idea and might solve most of the problems.

+1 from me.

More people need to see this.

1. Most of our members are well respected in the wurm community and do pay for premium.

2. Most of us don't trash talk.

3. You don't know about our community, yet you think you know everything about it?  ??? ::)

Fp used to suck but now they are getting there act together and have learnt from their mistakes.

Fp used to suck but now they are getting there act together and have learnt from their mistakes.

Pretty much. We used to raid everybody (WL included) just for our own benefit and fun but realised that if we want to play properly and have a solid foundation that we should get our act together and help.

No @ Miggy.

Got any sources at that, or is that pure intuition?

Last map, wild was prem-only as well. However, BLs could still be basic, seeing as they wouldn't be converted and sent to home when they ran out of prem.

As for the people saying this is a bad idea - no it's not. The only harm this is doing to the "casual player" is disallowing the use for alt homestead holders and writholders. the genuine non-prem mains on wild have no reason to choose wild over home, apart form the fact that "they don't like home". As a non-prem every single aspect can be played on home apart from PvP, but seeing that you're non-prem, with 20 max fighting, any pvp you'll do will be newb-bashing, which will be bad anyways.

Wild should have been prem-only ever since the server started up. That way we would have also avoided the wave of bl grief alts we recieved at the start of the map.

i wonder ever since rolf made this topic we have 15 new members im guessing most come from the fp villages (to stupid to get daddy's credit card and pay a few dollars a month and pay him back people)

sure your nice in person when your not trash talking(1% of the time)

but lets face it wurm is a company it has to earn money making wild prem again will be good as it will convince people who want to pvp to pay for the game thus more cash for rolf and to do better things

see it in a bigger picture and not in your 1x1 house of ql 2 walls and think you have a right to say what rolf can and can't do

PvP in Wurm is nothing to pay for. They put caps or resources on Home just to force/lure people out to Wild in order to get enough players for a "war".

This issue is blown vastly out of proportion. Wild got some activity at last, because of the new non-prem players, who put positive things in motion. Now they take that back, and kick out the new blood because conservative, rich players screamed loud enough.

I hope all you Wilders will have a good time during your 30-player server peaks  ;)

PvP in Wurm is nothing to pay for. They put caps or resources on Home just to force/lure people out to Wild in order to get enough players for a "war".

Atleast now it will promote trade a bit more. No need to make a few home alts, swim over to do the mining then swim back.

Now you have to get some prem players to either do your dirty work, or trade with fellow JK in wild.

Atleast now it will promote trade a bit more.(...)

promote trade??? now MR and HOTS will have to buy premiums for jk alt to be able to trade with home, imo trading will be halfed

thats your veiw many enjoy it, wading through tons of non prem chars is only fun for so long then it get anoying, 1) the lack of risk knowing they will never be able to take you out 2) poor loot

i dont see how non prems were brining more "good" action to wil and i doubt the numbers will drop that much, maybe on jk side, if they like wild so much they should pay the 10 euros every 2 months, not like they were of any use on wild anyway other than cannon fodder.

A question, if i run out of prem time, will i be moved to home?

And if i refill will i have all my stuff on prem again?

so, free alt's who play by the rules and enjoy the game get kicked back to home, but the payed alt's that . up the game completely and make the current situations extremely unfair dont?

(See: MR and it's 9001 alts)

It's over 9000!!!

heh.. sorry bout that, but i had too.

Anyway, ty rolf

what the eff is with you people, all you do is complain when a problem is clearly solved.

Sorry the game doesn't change for minority.  If people hadn't messed with the system in the first place we wouldn't need this at all.

At least be a bit more mature about your petty complaints, you're like a bunch of 2nd graders crying for their ball the big kid stole. (happened to me :( )

what the eff is with you people, all you do is complain when a problem is clearly solved.

it is not, it will just give an advantages to thoose with dipper pockets

A question, if i run out of prem time, will i be moved to home?

And if i refill will i have all my stuff on prem again?

As long as you don't log in as non prem once its changed you'll most likely stay on wild (that's how it was last map), so repay prem and you're on wild upon login.

If you login as non prem on wild (once its changed), you'll be moved to NT I guess. (With all your stuff on you, you had on when you last logged off).

So if you wanna get back to wild, you gotta walk from NT then :P

Regardless of the alt problems, Wild needs to be premium as an incentive for Home non-prems to go premium.

Thnx for the answer.

I think this is a good/bad idea only 1/4 of our village will be on wild or even less :/

Thou its good to get rid of spying if that really is the case..

it is not, it will just give an advantages to those with dipper pockets

I get that, but

the good to bad when it comes to the alt problems on wild, getting rid of non-prem alts fixes more then it breaks IMO.

Really, I'll play either way, so over all the outcome doesn't affect me because I don't mess with money in game anyway because its to hard for someone who hasn't been rich this whole time to get rich.

To rolf:  Just curious about more info on the MR server, is there going to be a specific date soon? So I can start preparing if I decide to go.

Could someone please tell me why the GMs can't simply ban anyone using an alt (ie nonprem nonmain) for PvP, as the rules state? Wouldn't that fix the issue in one step without any reprecussions?

Im not goin to say that fpers are stupid, however the ones posting in this thread are.  Yall make the fpers look bad.  And yeah the fpers at PO all they do is trash talk.

That's a good one. Have you visited the Barracks recently?

You might have ventured around facepunch on your account there (IT'S LIKE A SPY ALT, BAN IT), you'll notice that there are rules in Facepunch. Rules that are followed by admins and players and that are banned for. You can't flame people, you can't tell each other to shut their mouths (see: fullkontact), because you'll be banned for it.

The wurm forums, on the other hand, are a relative free for all of flinging.

The issue with posting any feelings here is that 90% of my post won't actually be replied to at all.

i wonder ever since rolf made this topic we have 15 new members im guessing most come from the fp villages (to stupid to get daddy's credit card and pay a few dollars a month and pay him back people)

Don't be so totally dense as to connect a new forum account with a new character, please. I just don't post on the forum every day to whine about how something Rolf has done to change the game slightly is going to ruin it, I prefer to reserve my feelings for when it's really going to matter.

sure your nice in person when your not trash talking(1% of the time)

What's the need for this? What're you trying to prove?

but lets face it wurm is a company it has to earn money making wild prem again will be good as it will convince people who want to pvp to pay for the game thus more cash for rolf and to do better things

Let's kick off all the players who're trying to test out the game! Yeaaaah!

see it in a bigger picture and not in your 1x1 house of ql 2 walls and think you have a right to say what rolf can and can't do

We're the customers. We can't tell Rolf what he can and can't do, but we're entitled to our opinion. It seems the rest of the forum community are completely centred around their own accounts and fail to see the need to stick up for the people that're new and don't post here.

As for the people saying this is a bad idea - no it's not. The only harm this is doing to the "casual player" is disallowing the use for alt homestead holders and writholders. the genuine non-prem mains on wild have no reason to choose wild over home, apart form the fact that "they don't like home". As a non-prem every single aspect can be played on home apart from PvP, but seeing that you're non-prem, with 20 max fighting, any pvp you'll do will be newb-bashing, which will be bad anyways.

There is a lot more to a war than fighting. It doesn't take any skill to cart bricks, or to explore, or to do any other the many other things needed to run a village capable of war.

Scratch that, wurm war is flattening dirt walls when everyone else is online. Don't need need much for that either, though.

Im not goin to say that fpers are stupid, however the ones posting in this thread are.  Yall make the fpers look bad.  And yeah the fpers at PO all they do is trash talk.

Im not goin to say that u r bad at grammer and spellang, however the ones posting in this thread are. Yall make yourselves look stupid. And yeah all you do is chatspeak.

You've got all the time in the world to make your post, put a little bit of effort into it, especially when you're insulting people's intelligence. Facepunch has a nice page about how to use the English language if you're struggling. It covers all the hard things like apostraphes for you.

Sorry the game doesn't change for minority.  If people hadn't messed with the system in the first place we wouldn't need this at all.

At least be a bit more mature about your petty complaints, you're like a bunch of 2nd graders crying for their ball the big kid stole. (happened to me :( )

If you just want to solve the problems, ban everyone. That'll solve every problem Wurm ever had.

But we all know that's not a solution. Just because the problem goes away doesn't mean it's a solution.

And watch your usage of "minority" - everyone was non-prem when they started, and so this effects every future player. We're posting the most thought out posts here. We're not the ones with the 2nd grader analogies. (hope you got your ball back :( )

Yall are cracking me  up on the FPer forum.  "I'm boycotting Wurm",  I know the no money you are paying to rolf will really make him change his mind when it stops coming in.

Uhm, tell me, if i don't pay for premium how do i have the miner title?

Yall are cracking me  up on the FPer forum.  "I'm boycotting Wurm",  I know the no money you are paying to rolf will really make him change his mind when it stops coming in.

Uhm, tell me, if i don't pay for premium how do i have the miner title?

haks i new all u fpers cheetd neway

Also he left it open because we're displaying our opinions. What's the point in a forum where you can't express your own opinions?

naaah. he's not like that. most propably he wanted to see that people are agrea with him. and then some noob-floow came

True leadership: Take the nice comments, ignore the rest, lock the thread when people stop the compliments.

and whats wrong with that?  ::)