Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Wild server becoming premium only

Pretty soon after the next update in which boats are added to the game the wild server will become premium only again. The situation has become disturbing with alts being used as spies. This was expected and I am glad that the community has acknowledged the fact that pvp and free accounts go poorly together in Wurm.

I expect the new MR home server to come before summer as well so hopefully no Mol Rehans will feel cheated of their premium only kingdom selling point.

woho o wait that means i cant climb the mountains with my alt anymore :( o well good move rolf

traders will not be drained by stupid spindles anymore :)

Wait, what.  ??? ::)

nom-prems are being booted out of wild

What will happen to the non-prem characters currently on wild? Will they be placed in Newtown?

Will BL still be able to have non-prem alts, like they used to, in Gold1?

Fullkontact go back to home and take your 6 alts with you, you have no right to complain about alts when half of the server player base is owned by you.

This is a pretty stupid idea, although i am premium wild will be empty with like 30 people on at most times like it used to be.

The whole point of Wild, as Tricks said, is combat.

How long has Kyara lasted? How many large Wurm towns have been destroyed from combat? How many from lack of support/boredom?

What's so wrong with alts? What's so wrong with spying? Sure, it's a bit dirty, but who cares? I'd rather see a village fall and a village rise every week than a city standing, completely impenetrably until the players get so bored they quit the game. (And if you're really only interested in money, more new cities is more new deeds).

You've completely screwed over a significant portion of the wild playerbase to meet the needs of the complaining high-up players. You're ignoring the players that don't shout their mouths off about everything, and giving up to the ones that do.

Remember that every player on Wurm was once a nonprem whilst they tried the game out. Now that you've just ruined the experience for pretty much every non-prem on wild, you've probably lost a number of future premiums and deeds.

Facepunch (or do you still all hate us?) are based on Wild, and have a large number of nonprems. But as we recruit more nonprems, the number of prems we have increases. We've also been responsible for buying more than 10 village deeds over the time we've been here. By taking out nonprems from wild, you've cut off our supply of new players and I can't see how the Facepunchers can continue to play the game.

You've taken a non-existant issue and smashed it with a piledriver. This action will serve only to make wild more like a home (without premiums). If everyone on wild is a prem, how can you expect any successful raids to occur?

Besides, this is just rewarding those who spend more to make their alts premium. Wurm continues to be a game for those who spend the most on it. A completely noob player with enough money could be the best player on the server in a day. Rolf's happy, as long as the guy's paid his money.

Shut your mouth, wild was fine before non-prems. It will be quiet but we wont have to deal with all the pathetic drama, the noob alts running around and especially you! xD

The irony is that 90% of the non prems are actually legitimate players enjoying the game, whereas the other 10% are alts of people like you who are totally obsessed with the game to the extent that they need to cheat in order to increase their battle-score (or whatever it's called)

oh wow, I now have to pay like 4 pounds for a alt :/

and fullkontact, what are yoo talking about? your not even on the wild server all the time so you dont have a clue how its like there

edit: Spying will always be around, can't stand the heat? Get out of the oven

What will happen to JK no-prem deed holders?

So I have go back to the home server because a few idiots abuse alts?

This is an extremely unfair action.

and fullkontact, what are yoo talking about? your not even on the wild server all the time so you dont have a clue how its like there

i take my hat off to you sir

may i suggest.. instead of making the server premium only perhaps make it so that free players may enter only when they have 5 skills maxed (at 20).. anyone who doesnt have this requirements either needs to get premium to stay or is booted.. simple as that.

I have an idea: If we ban everyone, there won't be anyone left to cheat! Bingo!

may i suggest.. instead of making the server premium only perhaps make it so that free players may enter only when they have 5 skills maxed (at 20).. anyone who doesnt have this requirements either needs to get premium to stay or is booted.. simple as that.

This wouldn't work: It'd just mean legitimate players couldn't play, but alts who could be provided with the tools they need to grind could.

I have an idea: If we ban everyone, there won't be anyone left to cheat! Bingo!

What a masterful (and may I say this?) totally a wurm community comment in every way.

ROLF I LOVE YOU!!!!!! <3

and i even forgive you last fighting nerf :P

first none tolarance politic for alt abuse and now that! this really brings my hope back

love you :*

ROLF I LOVE YOU!!!!!! <3

first none tolarance politic for alt abuse and now that! this really brings my hope back

It doesn't matter that a whole load of people had their games ruined because I'm alright!

ROLF I LOVE YOU!!!!!! <3

Name some alt abuse you know of, first hand.

Well done Rolf. I think you decision in the matter is the right way to go.

It doesn't matter that a whole load of people had their games ruined because I'm alright!

do the math mate. i can assure you more people had their gameplay ruined by letting basic account take a step on wild. think of it as a "lesser evil"

and well about the "allright" your people had been this way until now ignoring the rest. so why should i care if you didnt...?

Name some alt abuse you know of, first hand.

i did it load of times and i just dont feel like briging it up again. go get a high quality shovel and dig around the forum.

this thing had been disccused many times and its settled by now. disccusion at this rate is pointless. theres technicaly no way to make everybody happy. wild prem only hurts you, wild with basics hurts us.theres no way to make satify both you and us. but you know what? if Rolf would leave the things as it is making a statement that wild will stay with basics - i wouldnt rant about it. i would just move along. why are you people not able to be like that...? there was one candy and two sides and no way to split the candy.