Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Going on a treasure hunt!

treasure.png

Get your hunting hats on folks! Starting today, Deliverance, Exodus, Celebration, Pristine and Release have 7 hidden chests over each server, find the chests and open them to score a random loot gift pack!  This will be around until the 21st, so get hunting!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

This will around until the 21st, so get hunting!

I think you accidentally a word.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Ersitu said:

I think you accidentally a word.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  best part of the whole thing, Ersitu!!!   

• Like 1

two so far have been reported found, one on Release.

<Block> there's a treasure hunt chest north of GD on the other side of the lake. but already empty :(

apparently chests have "uses" or its one time thing? Is this intentional? People are just going to find them and use alts to take all the prizes probably.

I can confirm the chest is empty atm.

Edited by Niki

I found a chest on Exodus

[23:21:04] Your are rewarded a gift pack.

Someone might have made a fake...because all you have to do is open it and you'll have a gift in your inventory...

3 minutes ago, Niki said:

<Block> there's a treasure hunt chest north of GD on the other side of the lake. but already empty :(

apparently chests have "uses" or its one time thing? Is this intentional? People are just going to find them and use alts to take all the prizes probably.

I can confirm the chest is empty atm.

10 minutes ago, Mykoal said:

Someone might have made a fake...because all you have to do is open it and you'll have a gift in your inventory...

It's a retrograde chest, possible its bugged?

Edited by Niki

found one, had fun and lots of fs gain too :P thanks for event!

Six hours later, wonder if it is even worth going out to search.

3 minutes ago, Cecci said:

Six hours later, wonder if it is even worth going out to search.

look like they re-used aniversary gift, so free sleep powder

6 out of 7 found on Pristine...so far, I would say yes :)

Xan does not have any chest, we're getting something else I think and the chest can be opened more than once and a gift gotten out, but not sure how many times it works.

Well then, if it is sleep bonus I can't be bothered I have way to much of that as it is.

Yes! the first hunt was for the word "be" oops!

• Like 1

maybe a nice note to add would be the chests will disappear after a certain amount of uses, seems like something people would wanna know 

2 hours ago, Cecci said:

Well then, if it is sleep bonus I can't be bothered I have way to much of that as it is.

I got a lot of addy, glimmer and two potions (Tailoring/Carpentry)...but I drove my alt with me...

29 minutes ago, Zivirt said:

maybe a nice note to add would be the chests will disappear after a certain amount of uses, seems like something people would wanna know 

[09:17:17] <Retrograde> Unfortunately due to a few too many carts of alts, we've modified the treasure hunting to now delete the chests upon opening
[09:18:04] <Retrograde> that said, we'll be replacing them daily in different locations

TL;DR. What was already a pita to find just became impossible. I'd rather have seen those chests be premium only (heck just like the rewards we got on all our premmed alts), rather than having that sham of a treasure hunt.

• Like 2

So once opened, do they disappear and relocate immediately or do we have to wait for a daily reset for the chests to appear again?

Edited by Bittereinder

apparently the later from my understanding, an official word on that would be great. Riding around for hours is fun, finding nothing is even more fun... and if we can't share our findings (like we did on all the previous hunts where we had CLUES), it's totes fun near impossible, specially if the chests disappear.

Not speaking of the fact, there is only a few chests on servers with 100+ players and active hunters from indy / xanadu.

• Like 2

Given how quickly the majority managed to be found on most severs it seemed it was a little unbalanced. The original intention was for them to be fairly hard to find, without being impossible. Them being found within 12 hours became an easily abused situation, which of course needed to be fixed.

They should reappear every couple of hours, unless you find all 7 within that short time frame, you'll have a reason to be looking for them

Sign in to follow this