Sign in to follow this  
Ostentatio

Player's focus level not updated when lowered by getting hit in combat

Note: I'm posting this in Server Bugs because I assume the problem is likely to do with the server not sending the client the appropriate information. If this is incorrect, feel free to catapult it off to Client Bugs.

I noticed when fighting trolls recently that even when a troll lowers my focus in combat, the focus mouseover icon in the combat window still reflects the old rating.

Sample situation:

1. Focus to level 2.
  2. Get hit by troll. "You lose some focus."
  3. Icon still says I'm at focus level 2.
  4. Focus again.
  5. Icon and message windows say I've focused to level 1 or 2.

Basically, the client is not properly updated when a hit in combat lowers your focus, but it's clear your focus actually is being lowered, because focusing again brings you up to the same level the client already thinks you were at, or lower.

EDIT: Seems like the communicator's setFocusLevel() function is used to update the client when focus is changed by other means, but isn't called when you lose focus from getting hit too hard.

Edited by Ostentatio

same here and its really annoying fix pls

So I don't know if this counts as a bug or a suggestion, but I noticed that opponents also don't get the notification. For example, if I smack a goblin (or presumably another player) really hard in combat, and lower its focus, I don't seem to get a message indicating this. This is a bit of a problem, since there is no way to tell the focus level of an enemy.