Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly news #24 Events and Evaluations

7 hours ago, Nightbreed said:

I don't think that requiring a papyrus to start the event was a good idea. That alone is going to stop most people from doing it.  if you have to require an item, Then it should be something simple to get like a veggie or a fish.  These events are meant to be a break from crafting all the time, So crafting should be avoided in them.  Gathering a log or a meat is a good idea though.

The merchant offers a trade of an iron frying pan, the public mine to the north has iron forges and large anvils. Many people simply chose the easy route and purchased the papyrus though!

I originally intended on using an iron lump, but unfortunately was not able to (the goal requiring you to mine, to dig, and  to chop a log was intentional. There's also a bit on how to forage)

[20:24:57] Your available money in the bank is now 40 copper and 51 iron. These events may make me a profit!

• Like 1

I can see doing it that way for a tutorial. And i really think it should be done like that.  Anything that can cause people to get out and learn the game for themselves is a plus.  I'm just thinking of events that include experienced players. But if your testing for the tutorial then go for it, We have needed one for years. The old one didnt teach you anything but where not to walk and how to mine a rock. or make a fire.

If you get something good going so far as a tutorial i'll test it. It sure beats answering ten thousand basic questions.

Nice treasure hunt saw some interesting sights and it didn't take too long to finish. Thanks.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 11:33 AM, Retrograde said:

Starter deed upgrades

The work on the starter deeds has begun, with some amazing changes coming through, we'll cover these once they're finished and a chat with the workers!.

After the starter Village work has been completed I think it would be very interesting to read responses from the various players that have done work on them. I am looking forward to this if done in some organized manner that goes through each of these redesigned completed starter Villages and those who have contributed to the process.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Thank you for the tour of Indy treasure hunt. The whole thing goes very fast, and the prize is pretty neat for completion =). Much appreciation for the awesome, helpful Indy community during the hunt, always ready to assist anyone who asked. I highly suggest anyone who hasn't gone and completed it yet, give it a try before it ends tommorow!

I actually had a fryingpan but he didn't accept it, so I payed.
That mission is still open for me as he never took the fryingpan.

Also, if anyone go on the Inde Tour now: Do not bring your horse into the mine at 4th location, leave it in the building.

Need to mine and dig?
Sounds like even Vynora doesn't want me doing this exploration.

No mineing, there is one sand involved at some point but bring a pal for that then.

On ‎18‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 0:19 PM, Fairyshine said:

I think all changes should be looked at in relation to the amount of mouse clicks it removes instead of the amount of mouse clicks it adds.  More mouse clicks = bad update.

Hauling is tedious, and if you develop carpal tunnel, it is even dangerous! We would like to ride our cart straight up the stairs instead.

Also, please fix carts and wagons NOT following terrain.  Riding with your cart parallel to water at all slopes is irritating.  Seeing as they could follow terrain before, what is the problem here?

+1 to looking at updates which reduce mouse clicks!

+1 to hauling is a pain!!

+1 to carts going up stairs with horses hitched!!!

+1 to fixing the carts not following terrain!!!!

On ‎18‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 0:39 PM, Retrograde said:

That's not just simply a bug, but an issue with cart and wagon movement as a whole. It was reverted to this as there were certain exploitable situations from it, and will remain so until those are resolved.

Could you please tell us which issue?  Which exploitable situations? When will it be fixed? 

• Like 1

Just want to put out there that the Indy Grand Tour treasure hunt may still be open if you haven't done it.  I was able to complete it yesterday.  Did find a couple of issues to watch for:

1. The 10 ql bronze dioptra at the third spot doesn't have to be given to the NPC to advance the chain.  All you have to do is talk to the NPC.  I accidentally selected talk rather than give and it worked.  Can't give afterword either, so you keep it.

2. Cave tile had collapsed in the cave passage at the 4th spot.  Took forever to figure out.

Thanks

the  horse  spawns  still the  same,  as in i seen 0,  Exodus  black steppe 0 horses,     bisons  spawn  actually  increaded, not  decreased.