Sign in to follow this  
Liandal30

Bad Timing(rifts)

Starting a rift event during a time when most people have to be at work ??? Am I the only one who is taking issue with this?

• Like 1

I have an issue with this as well but I don't think that anything will be done with it. 

They are starting at a different time every week it'll come around to your timezone dont worry about it

• Like 1

Thing is , theres always someone at work .

There is no way to please everyone.

But like Whykillme said , there time starts are changing..

Yeah, I work in restaurant, so weekend events aren't for me at all. I'm happy with how it is now.

Also, smart move with around 9 days between Rifts. Maybe next one will be on weekend?

Edited by archer
grammar

So far this observation has been 100% correct with no variance.

On 6/15/2016 at 8:17 PM, Dairuka said:

The last one was closed at Tuesday, June 7th at 8:34am MST (3:34pm GMT) for Independence, so I'm betting the next rift will actually start on Thursday, June 16th at 8:34am MST (3:34pm GMT).

Today's rift on Independence opened at precisely 8:34am.

The "Rift Reported" event happens precisely after 7 days of server up-time starting directly at the "Rift Shutting" event. The actual "Rift Opening" event occurs after 9 days of server up-time starting directly at the "Rift Shutting" event.

If my theory is correct based on this observation: [09:41:20] The Rift that has plagued Independence has been shut!

Independence's next "Rift Reported" event should occur on Thursday, June 23rd at 9:41:20am MST (4:41:20pm GMT)

Independence's next "Rift Opening" should occur on Saturday, June 25th at 9:41:20am MST (4:41:20pm GMT)

Please note, the Twitter Tweet is inaccurate. The game only cares about server time, therefore it's based on when the event: [07:16:24] A new Rift has been reported!

What all of this information means is:

On 6/15/2016 at 8:17 PM, Dairuka said:

Eventually the times will reach a point where other people can participate, because it generally takes up to an hour, maybe more, to close an event. Then, like clockwork, it'll return to a time when nobody except the hardcores would be willing to stay up for it.

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 1

Why is no one scheduling rifts to when I want to do them? This is an outrage, I want to be able to book my rift appointment when it is convenient just for me.

• Like 6

The first three all happened around the same time of morning on indy. I don't see any variance.

It keeps going up one hour and jumping a few days ahead. If you close the rift in one hour then it moves up one hour, if you stall it for 2 hours then it will move up 2hrs., etc. Like a leap year thing.

What Dair said. I was thinking the same thing and am now convinced. So next time I just have to troll so it lasts longer ;) 

please don't change it. right now everyone gets at least some of the rifts in their time. 

If you think it's bad when its just inconvenient time, try when it's inconvenient time and literally not one single person in the whole rift group gets a single loot item. This just happened on Chaos....i'm calling bs >.>

4 hours ago, Nadroj said:

If you think it's bad when its just inconvenient time, try when it's inconvenient time and literally not one single person in the whole rift group gets a single loot item. This just happened on Chaos....i'm calling bs >.>

I don't know what your talk about! I got a rare 20 copper piece!!

5 hours ago, Nadroj said:

Desertion rift today got 0 drops as well. I'm wondering if the changes to missions, so rift loot will not appear in them, somehow caused a bug.

Edited by Taltos