Sign in to follow this  
Fraeya

Lormere-Linton Highway

So as many of you who live in the SW  have probably seen around the Q13 area the black forest alliance has been working on the road between lormere and linton turning it into a 3 lane well signposted highway. The proposed route is to roughly follow the single tile road made by serpentarius, there are several flat marble bridge sections planned and some currently under construction. Anyone interested in lending a hand with materials or digging can post here or send me a forum pm.

The material to be used for the outside lanes is marble and there is a pattern set for straight and diagonal sections, here are some new screenshots

Before

wurm.20160729.0328_zps8xah3sgk.jpg

After

wurm.20160926.1441_zpsoz3bc6xx.jpg

Before

wurm.20160816.1257_zpsfqsmvgj6.jpg

After

wurm.20160917.1845_zpshroaanf9.jpg

wurm.20160926.1437_zps7fxgualf.jpg

wurm.20160926.1743_zpshubkmfp9.jpg

wurm.20160926.1406_zps0j07nqew.jpg

Edited by Fraeya
  • Like 5

As anyone who has ever travelled the road knows it's terribly signposted and very easy to get lost, hopefully this will make travelling north from the SW much easier

• Like 1

I will continue to work from the Linton end.  I do not have the resources or man power for the fancy paving, but feel free to pave over my work when we meet up.  I am presently connecting around the curves in teh desert south of iron cove, preparing for the long turn south (after some serious work in the hills heading east).

US Pacific time player

Reegsman in game.

• Like 1

Reegs work on the Linton end of things proved very useful getting to and back again from the latest Rift. Thanks for your hard work! And I can vouch for Fraeya's unparalleled highway expertise in our Black Forest area on West Lormere Bay. It will be great to see it all come together.

Updated with some lovely new screenshots, the southern section from Q13 to p15 is now complete, slowly working our way towards lormere, get in touch if you have any issues or would like to lend a hand or donate marble slabs ;)

• Like 1

its a pleasure driving there :), before the bridges that road was more like an "oh ###### i dont wanna fall off"1 tile road in the mountainside. 

• Like 2

Thanks, those bridges were very costly but make a much better route that that terrible ropey cliff path :P

I live north of Linton and use the roads all the time.  Loving the new roads and signs making it easier to get around instead of lost.  Well I've lived for a year so I better know where I'm going. :P

The lormere connection has finally been completed to lormere north gate, I'm working on adding cats eyes and waystones over the next week. With this there is finally a solid 3 lane highway from lormere to linton and vice versa

• Like 5

Nice job, too. I traveled the road(M11) heading South of Linton to go to the last rift(O16). Someone's been planting catseyes down that long stretch of road as well.

Edited by jasminth

Awesome to finally have a proper highway from Lormere to Linton and back! Thank you Fraeya (and others on Linton end) for all your hard work in keeping Xanadu easily connected!

someone should conect it to linton via catseyes... 

I've started on Lormere end, but obviously lots of work left to be done to connect to Linton.