Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Grant Characters free premium in certain scenarios

Smacking a wild curve deep into left field.....

What if earning 100 in any 2 skills grants the character unlimited premium status?

Or, what if keeping premium for x number of months non-stop grants perpetual freemium (say 36 months or 48, etc.)?

Or, what if Rolf offered a single-purchase option (say $250) to buy perma-premium status.  Pay to win?  Not really, you still have to grind your skills.

In the shorter term it might cause players to keep premium longer so they can reach that number for their toon - which translates into more paid monthly subscriptions.

In the longer term it creates incentive for players to work on achieving the goal in the first place as it has a great benefit attached to it afterwards.

Meh, just a few wild ideas during my lunch hour....

• Like 1

Ummmm, that's a terrible business model.   That's like going into a restaurant and saying "After I come here 50 times I think you just give me free meals for the rest of my life."

• Like 4

hmm, used to play lord of the rings online which used to have these. but they were only given out on two occasions, one being preorder versions on its initial release, and the other when the european publisher was forced out of their contract and decided to sell them for a reduced price in a goodbye action to supposedly hurt the new owners pockets using some not-so nice means to end the contract. (but this is just a rumour i heard back in the days).

from a players point of view these changes sure would be nice.

but from a business point of view, as greyfox said, this business model just wont do. CodeClub is mostly dependant on the subscriptions, even tho there is quite a lot of money flowing through the game for items, silver and characters, most of it never reaches them but stays in the players hands.

yet i wouldnt say no to better monthly rewards depending on tresholds for premium bought from the wurm shop. maybe increase amount of sleeping powder, give some small but funny rewards with the current reward thingy, or add some random boxes like the birthday ones. i know many people didnt quite like those, but gambling can be pretty addictive. just dont promise those big rewards noones gonna get and itll be fine :)

Edited by Arium
  • Like 1

This type of model would be the death of wurm as with little to no income coming in, we all might as well join a giant cluster of wurm unlimited servers.

So 1000 players pay 250 to be perma premium.  

One time pay out 250000

- add the occasional pulledouttamyhatnumber 10 players that stay with the game and buy premium - 

So wurm would in essence only bring in around 2-4k a month.

Current model ( again a pulledouttamyhatnumber ) 500 players buy premium in shop or throu token

8000 a month.

Pretty big difference.

• Like 1

Yeah for the sake of wurm -1, 8-10E for a month of entertainment isnt that much.

-1 for the reason it's the people with really high stats that can earn better silver in-game from making better quality items, & the game needs a constant flow of funds monthly rather than a lower amount it would get from a single purchase option based on time i have played ingame.

25 minutes ago, shakys said:

-1 for the reason it's the people with really high stats that can earn better silver in-game from making better quality items, & the game needs a constant flow of funds monthly rather than a lower amount it would get from a single purchase option based on time i have played ingame.

+ 100 hfc and digging for free prem? :D Or knowing wurm code aligment would be 1.

Well, as far as I know CCAB is not a welfare institution. In fact, Wurm and its developers are dependent on the income generated by premium, upkeep and other purchase. To be honest, buying premium already is very cheap compared to other real life things you are usually paying for, so:

As nice as perm prem would be, that would be a terrible business move.

I don't think that giving long term prem is a good idea in any circumstance.  However, It should be given in place of sleep bonus when the server crashes, And we can't play for hours at a time.  And possibly as a grand prize reward for some events.

1 minute ago, Nightbreed said:

I don't think that giving long term prem is a good idea in any circumstance.  However, It should be given in place of sleep bonus when the server crashes, And we can't play for hours at a time.  And possibly as a grand prize reward for some events.

iirc in the past reimbursements for lost premium time have been given during really dire circumstances occasionally. but the requirements for this are quite harsh.

a few lost hours on patch day arent big enough of a matter for that.

i think if anyone managed to get 100 in any skill, they deserve permanent premium.
i think it's impossible.
even if it isnt', good god can u imagine.
you should get a real life visit from rolf in the same way that you get a letter from the Queen if you live to 100 in the UK.

as for the rest of your suggestion.
a month or two of premium could, be offered as a reward for something as long as it is not attainable through unfair advantage but i can't visualize the need for such a thing or any example of it.

Edited by Steveleeb