Sindusk

[WU] Datamining

Thank you very much.  i have no idea what the maximum of nested layers of containers,  One potential series is:   1) wagon  2) cupboard  3) large amphora 4) small amphora 5) small barrel  6) bucket.   I am not sure if a small chest can fit into a bucket. 

I do not use that many myself as I get confused by the clutter with anything more than 3 parents : wagon>cupboard>amphoras&barrels.   So that explains why I get same decay whether I use the cedar barrel or the amphora. Also my main perishable is industrial quantities of milk so i like using the large amphoras as much as I can, as I can milk the animal then store in the "kuchenkart" (which might be a madeup word but dont tell me as i like the sound ^_^)    Sometimes i slosh the milk around between containers if it starts to decay thinking that resets the timer (sounds like it might) though you get a quality hit but probably much less than letting decay continue.

I think milk has a MUCH higher decay rate as I only get dye decay ticks very very rarely, maybe once every few weeks if that? and just in a cupboard/jar setup which should provide very little decay protection. Also i am not sure if you are factoring in the wagon being permanently inside a house as that probably acts as another insulation layer also.

in place of the cupboard you can use: hugetub or large chest or large barrel. However because those cannot nest inside anything but a wagon (loaded only) I like cupboards best, they hold a lot and you can carry them around easily and reuse them for so many other purposes 

Again, THANK YOU to all of you wizards as I think the information you share with us is marvelous.

I have always hated the alternative where small elite cliques share secret knowledge, probably passed by dev/GM to guild alliance then guarded furtively from regular smallfry player base. 

All of us or none of us, is my preference for hoarded information and special perks.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

probably passed by dev/GM

I can attest for the last year this has never been a thing. GMs don't have access to the code directly and those of us who do would rather not forfeit our positions on the team. Personally, I even avoid WU topics because it's hard to really determine if my understanding of something is because of the NDA'd code I've had access to or the WU decompiled source I've tinkered with before.

I suppose I can understand this conspiracy theory, and I can't speak for the distant past either.

I will say that I am very much against private cliques who go through the WU source and use the information for their own gain. I've even declared a small war on one such clique, and their retaliation was comical and worth a few laughs. Indeed, I can never link the tool they developed in public again without breaking a rule and insulting myself. Bravo on that one.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

I think milk has a MUCH higher decay rate as I only get dye decay ticks very very rarely, maybe once every few weeks if that? and just in a cupboard/jar setup which should provide very little decay protection. Also i am not sure if you are factoring in the wagon being permanently inside a house as that probably acts as another insulation layer also.

Milk's decay time is 3600, or 2520 times less than dye. This is one of the lowest decay times for a useful item in wurm. For comparison, deed tokens, those things which show up when you resize deeds and which last only a few minutes, have a decay time of 60. Easter eggs decay at the same rate as milk.

Very interesting, i would never have though milk had less decay than dye. i never seem to have a major issue with dye decay.  i keep a lot less dye than milk though. but I have certainly never experienced daily decay on dye myself. In fact I have some sitting in a cupboard for months now, so that really seems odd.

it's always hard to unscramble observer errors and bias  which is why i appreciate anytime we get actual details and numbers. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

2 hours ago, Keenan said:

I will say that I am very much against private cliques who go through the WU source and use the information for their own gain. I've even declared a small war on one such clique, and their retaliation was comical and worth a few laughs. Indeed, I can never link the tool they developed in public again without breaking a rule and insulting myself. Bravo on that one.

this went over my head (which is not hard to do)

@Brash_EndeavorsI bet someone made a tool to simulate combat or skill gain likelihood. Using WU to build simulation tools is very useful. Unfortunately, no one who has the skill to do this is willing to share such tools. I tried to do it but my noobness kept blocking me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joedobo said:

@Brash_EndeavorsI bet someone made a tool to simulate combat or skill gain likelihood. Using WU to build simulation tools is very useful. Unfortunately, no one who has the skill to do this is willing to share such tools. I tried to do it but my noobness kept blocking me.

Pretty much exactly this, yeah.

5 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Very interesting, i would never have though milk had less decay than dye.

Less base time means MORE decay for milk.  Without any special container bonuses, milk decays 2520 times faster than dye.

3 hours ago, Ricowan said:

Less base time means MORE decay for milk.  Without any special container bonuses, milk decays 2520 times faster than dye.

Ah ok, That matches closer to my personal experience. Thanks!

With all the changes in farming and tending and harvesting tool ql skill level difficulty level ( wow probably even More variables ) 

What exactly determines how many crops you get per harvest?

How does butchering skill gain work exactly? I just started leveling it today, and it doesn't seem to follow the traditional "if products fall between 1.01-39.99 QL you get a skill tick" that I'm used to seeing.

Ditto with filleting. Skill gain doesn't seem (to me) correlated with the products produced?

Wiki : The number of titles a kingdom leader can grant is dependent on the kingdom's size (method of determination unknown) though there is a guaranteed minimum number.

Possible to know this by digging into code? Can you have more than 1 same type of office appointed?

I believe I read this in the past: 0.1% unlocks all titles. However, some of the combat-oriented ones such as the Royal Avenger does not function until you have 2%. I haven't double checked it yet but I believe this is how it functions.

You cannot have more than 1 of the same office appointed.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2016 at 10:10 PM, Hailene said:

How does butchering skill gain work exactly? I just started leveling it today, and it doesn't seem to follow the traditional "if products fall between 1.01-39.99 QL you get a skill tick" that I'm used to seeing.

Ditto with filleting. Skill gain doesn't seem (to me) correlated with the products produced?

For some actions, QL of the resulting item is adjusted any number of ways after the skill roll.

I feel like fileting used to follow the rule of thumb you mentioned, and it certainly looks like that in WU, but the recent cooking changes in Wurm Online might make things different there.

As for butchering, I feel like QL of butchering products generally follows that rule of thumb as well, but not exactly; QL there is complicated so using that rule is unreliable.

By the way, bear in mind that this is just for butchering skillgain. You can, for example, utterly fail the butchering skill check but still get soul depth, or knives skill, etc. just like how you can still get body stamina on an action where you mined garbage 1.0QL ore.

How digging out strange bone works? in Wu possible to dig clay/tar and get bone or only dirt?

How does shooting over fences, walls, etc work? There should be some certain checks for tiles between archer and target...

When a tile collapses, what determines what it will be? Is it completely random? Is it affected the regionality of the ore?

Does using the reinforce spell affect this roll?

And lastly, what's the percentage of a vein popping up as opposed to rock?

So why does it say that the sickle has: Aggresive dps 2

Normald dps 2

Defensive dps 2

Surely it most have diffrent dmg in diffrent stances like every other weapon? or did I understand it wrongly?

Also Sindusk, I humble ask you if u could please test the Libila bonuses such as 25% dmg on WU. Many believe that the bonuses of Libila is mostly false on WO same with saccing meat as you wrote (only seems to work for alchemy items).

Thanks in advance and ty for all info.

On 2016-06-16 at 0:33 PM, Sindusk said:

Reveal hidden contents

hXe0Uqj.png

Edited by Nocturnes
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Nocturnes said:

So why does it say that the sickle has: Aggresive dps 2

Normald dps 2

Defensive dps 2

Surely it most have diffrent dmg in diffrent stances like every other weapon? or did I understand it wrongly?

iirc for the sickle, agressive gives a + multiplier to damage, normal a 1x and defensive is a -. These numbers on the chart are before those bonuses and only include the weapons standard damage with speed of the weapon based on stance.

Edited by Nicrolis
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Nocturnes said:

Also Sindusk, I humble ask you if u could please test the Libila bonuses such as 25% dmg on WU. Many believe that the bonuses of Libila is mostly false on WO same with saccing meat as you wrote (only seems to work for alchemy items).

My original post is incorrect on both counts. The libila bonus only works on alchemy items, and the 25% damage bonus is not applied. These were me misreading the code early on. My only excuse is being human and making mistakes.

I'll see if I can get around to updating the images to reflect the information more accurately in the near future.

• Like 3

On 2017-01-08 at 10:51 PM, Nicrolis said:

iirc for the sickle, agressive gives a + multiplier to damage, normal a 1x and defensive is a -. These numbers on the chart are before those bonuses and only include the weapons standard damage with speed of the weapon based on stance.

On 2017-01-09 at 9:09 AM, Sindusk said:

My original post is incorrect on both counts. The libila bonus only works on alchemy items, and the 25% damage bonus is not applied. These were me misreading the code early on. My only excuse is being human and making mistakes.

I'll see if I can get around to updating the images to reflect the information more accurately in the near future.

Thanks a bunch for the answer, now that only leaves Libila to two functional diety bonuses then?

@Retrograde  

Oh wise one is this true? 

Edited by Nocturnes
  • Like 3

I have noticed some skill give more mind-body gains than others , but im not very sure on that. can anyone confirm?

What are the different difficulties for all the beverages?

I suppose WU doesn't have the new recipes...but for the juices and wine, right?

On 09/04/2017 at 9:46 AM, Hailene said:

What are the different difficulties for all the beverages?

I suppose WU doesn't have the new recipes...but for the juices and wine, right?

the difficulties show when you fight click to create "diff: x"

22 hours ago, Retrograde said:

the difficulties show when you fight click to create "diff: x"

I was hoping for an exhaustive list. I don't have direct access to everything, so I'd know where I ought to be going :D.