Sindusk

[WU] Datamining

Has anyone looked at the crops?

I was curious where the new veggies fall in difficulty.

Apologies if this was covered before.

Does "age" of the horse (mature, aged, venerable etc) affect the speed or carrying strength of the animal?

I was told by one person that venerable horses might be slower/weaker than Aged but by another that it was not true.

• Like 2

Is there some detailed info on improving imbues? How's the difference between hammer with 10 and 100 for example AS imbue?

Also I wanna know if multiple imbues works on single tools. For example WS, BS and AS imbues on a hammer or LW and carpentry on mallet?

cant seem to figure out how strong the royal robes and crown are, i have a set of 90ql rare seyrll and dont know if 98ql robes and crown are stronger or not

Edited by Zaramoth

On 5/3/2017 at 3:33 AM, Brash_Endeavors said:

Apologies if this was covered before.

Does "age" of the horse (mature, aged, venerable etc) affect the speed or carrying strength of the animal?

I was told by one person that venerable horses might be slower/weaker than Aged but by another that it was not true.

yes age increases animals stats so it would be stronger at ven (this is why ven animals are harder to kill)

On 6/12/2017 at 8:26 PM, Zaramoth said:

cant seem to figure out how strong the royal robes and crown are, i have a set of 90ql rare seyrll and dont know if 98ql robes and crown are stronger or not

They function as dragonscale.

Heard that saddles on hitched horses does not boost speed as much as when we ride on the horse. Is that true?

Also, we know that bardings slow down horses when we ride on them.

How's about horses with bardings, hitched to the cart/wagon? Couse tested it lately, and I do not see any big difference when 4 horses hitched to the wagon got bardings or not (barding were bronze, so rather heavy version).

Do not know if that matters, but it was tested on rare wagon.

Edited by Wilczan

Is it possible to find out whether the deed animal ratio is a "binary" on-off-at-15 -- ie, diseases and miscarriages increase if the number drops even one below below 15 and it does not matter whether you are one over the limit or 100 over the limit?

Or is the effect more likely and pronounced the farther you go from 15, and a higher number than 15 may even reduce normal diseases further?

Thanks Sindusk for this thread and the work you do to uncover the secrets of the game.

I have a question for ya. How exactly does the tempering action work while smithing? I know it seems that the action gains WoA and CoC from the item that you are imping rather than from the water. But what determines the success of the action? Is it the ql of the water, or the ql of the item or is it the ql of the container that the water is in?

48 minutes ago, McGarnicle said:

Thanks Sindusk for this thread and the work you do to uncover the secrets of the game.

I have a question for ya. How exactly does the tempering action work while smithing? I know it seems that the action gains WoA and CoC from the item that you are imping rather than from the water. But what determines the success of the action? Is it the ql of the water, or the ql of the item or is it the ql of the container that the water is in?

It uses the tool to imp itself when tempering so if you temper 90ql item then it'd work the same as using 90ql pelt or whatever

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

On 8/11/2017 at 0:46 AM, Brash_Endeavors said:

Is it possible to find out whether the deed animal ratio is a "binary" on-off-at-15 -- ie, diseases and miscarriages increase if the number drops even one below below 15 and it does not matter whether you are one over the limit or 100 over the limit?

Or is the effect more likely and pronounced the farther you go from 15, and a higher number than 15 may even reduce normal diseases further?

Just checked and it appears to be binary, with a default of 15 for PvE and 5 for PvP. Being above ratio also triples each creature's chance of packing enchanted grass, which I didn't know.

• Like 1

Anyone ever do any research for what ql meditation rug is optimal vs skill? 

1 hour ago, Ayluin said:

Anyone ever do any research for what ql meditation rug is optimal vs skill? 

So far since 45 meditation skill a regular meditation 1ql rug has done best for me.  I get the biggest ticks that way and I'm over 50 skill now.

Be nice if verified, but putting it out there for you if no updated post.

Edited by nicedreams
  • Like 1

Curious as to the statistics for artifacts. What is the strength of the enchantments on the Hammer of Magranon, Sword of Magranon, and Scale of Libila, and do they have any other special features? The wiki says the Hammer grants bonuses to Magranon's followers, and the Scale has a higher parry rate, but is that true?

I know i read this somewhere but can't seem to find it so I thought I'd ask here:

How does enchantment decay work on a tool? What are the chances that you will take a loss in enchantment power for each action? What ways are there to minimize enchantment decay?

Thanks

On 8/24/2017 at 1:43 AM, McGarnicle said:

I know i read this somewhere but can't seem to find it so I thought I'd ask here:

How does enchantment decay work on a tool? What are the chances that you will take a loss in enchantment power for each action? What ways are there to minimize enchantment decay?

Thanks

1/30xpower of enchant chance per 5 seconds, so so a 50 power enchant would lose 1 power per 125 minutes of action timer on average, 100 power 250 minutes etc. Entirely random so can go days without power loss and lose 5 in an hour. Rare is 1/150xpower so 5x longer, supremes is something like 1/250xpower

On 8/14/2017 at 11:03 AM, Borbungis said:

Curious as to the statistics for artifacts. What is the strength of the enchantments on the Hammer of Magranon, Sword of Magranon, and Scale of Libila, and do they have any other special features? The wiki says the Hammer grants bonuses to Magranon's followers, and the Scale has a higher parry rate, but is that true?

Shields can block 1 hit every 5 seconds or so, iron scale of lib has no limit so you can block as much as your shield skill will allow, gives a bonus to parrying and can be used to cast rebirth. hammer and sword are around 100 power enchants, no idea on the bonus been told it's crit chance for mag priests.

6 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

1/30xpower of enchant chance per 5 seconds, so so a 50 power enchant would lose 1 power per 125 minutes of action timer on average, 100 power 250 minutes etc. Entirely random so can go days without power loss and lose 5 in an hour. Rare is 1/150xpower so 5x longer, supremes is something like 1/250xpower

For some reason I have stuck in my mind, that steel tools have their enchantments degrade slower -- have I just talked to too many fast-talking steel tool salesmen?

20 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

For some reason I have stuck in my mind, that steel tools have their enchantments degrade slower -- have I just talked to too many fast-talking steel tool salesmen?

QL goes down 20% slower, has no effect on enchants.

• Like 2

Do we have any information on the amount of different transmutation liquids to change a tile?

The wiki give the removal of clay and creation of tundra, but removing tar need more than removing clay (the amount for clay only get over half way removing a tar tile).

• Transmutation of a Clay Tile to Dirt takes 6,700 liters /(divided by liquid's) ql.
  • Creation of a tundra tile takes 1,340 liters per ql. (One 5th of the usual amount.)

I thought removing clay and removing tar both needed 6700 (ish) qualitykilos on deed or 10k off.

Ah, thanks that would explain it then. Not seen the 10k off deed mentioned anywhere, so was wondering with tundra needing a different amount if the others also were different.

Edited by Wulfmaer

Does the information available in the Wurmpedia on horse breeding encompass all the information there is on general animal breeding?

Do any non-horses have neat things that can be bred for?

Is the father in all breeding pairs completely irrelevant, or only for condition?  Do traits pass on from the father?

Is there a list of possible traits?

Edited by Wulvarik

Probably more info about fishing that anyone really wants to know :P

Posted in another thread but i'll copy it here for posterity. The code is kinda hard to follow so take the following with a grain of salt.

It counts the number of tiles lower than 3 dirt under water within 10 tiles from you in all cardinal directions (not square!, it's like a + 21 tiles in in height, and 21 across), and it also checks the maximum depth within those tiles.

If you are fishing in a cave you always get group 1.

If there are less than 9 tiles underwater you get group 1, if there are 9 or more but less than 20, or if the maximum depth is above 250 you get group 2 else you get group 3.

So for best results have 10+ tiles of underwater in at least 2 directions from you and at least 250 dirt deep.

group 1 - roach and perch or chance of carp

group 2 - roach, perch, trout, pike, catfish or chance of carp

group 3 - roach, herring, trout, pike, catfish, carp, bass or chance of special fish

Special fish - octopus, marlin, shark (blue/white), sailfish, dorado, tuna

Your skill level and rod rarity affect the chance to get special fish (or carp for group 1/2)

Out of every 100x100 tiles there will be a 10x10 area for every special fish type (possibly overlapping) and those will change with season and server but should otherwise be static and repeating (so if you catch an octopus here, you should be able to go 100 tiles north and catch octopus again, assuming it's still in the middle of water).

Note that even if you are in a special fish spot you are still rolling against the other fish in group 3, so you won't ALWAYS get the special fish. Higher skill and rod rarity helps.

• Like 3