Sign in to follow this  
Tathar

Should we add base price constants to the Itembox template?

Since the Itembox template is used for basic information about an item and its creation, I wanted to propose that we add a section for the item's base price and base favor constants.  Aside from information for a select few items on the Base Price page, this information is largely lacking on the wiki, and the Itembox template seems to be the best place to include this information.  I didn't want to make a change to such a widely used template without discussion first though, so what do you think?

@Tathar

When you say base price do you mean the get price? Or do you mean the player made prices for spellings items to players. 

If it was the latter it would be hard to do as this information is greatly based on the seller and is greatly based off location, etc.

except for the items that are already known to be high valued, that price is mostly uninteresting with no useful exceptions :(

As someone with a priest, I actually care very much about how much favor I should expect to gain from irreversibly losing an item forever, before I go through with it.  That holds true whether I'm saccing a high-value cordage rope, or just some low-value trash I need to get rid of.  

Right now, I'd really like to know the sacrificing value of 50 QL pottery jars and small amphoras as a Fo priest, since I'm told that pottery in general counts for double favor elsewhere on the wiki.  On top of that, I'd like to know if saccing pottery can be used to improve deed bonuses now that I've become aware that the list of items useful for favor and deed bonuses isn't quite as limited as first thought.  I'd really appreciate a small section in the Itembox template for the cc2, and cf constants, plus whether the item counts for double favor gain for any gods (which gods?) and any known data regarding that item in terms of deed bonuses.  

This is possibly problematic since material also matters for price, not just item type, and some item types can be made of multiple materials. It is also material that determines double favor/deed bonuses from gods, although usually that won't matter much for items except for weird event items like wooden backpacks.