Sign in to follow this  
JockII

Craftable Currency

Can someone make a mod that allows coins e.g. silver, gold ect to be craftable.

They should require a small anvil of at least 90ql

Difficulty should be done of metalurgy min of 40 to make iron, 50 to make copper, 80 to make silver and 95 to make gold. 

.1kg of a lump to be used

Non impable.

Resources used should be relevant to there type each iron = iron coin, copper = copper ect.

I plan to pair this with another mods that allows me to control the amount of viens and costs of deeds ect.

Thanks

Need more info or if you have some suggestions please aks/post below

Edited by JockII

I am a little tied up at the moment. In theory this should not take long or be all that difficult. If nobody else helps you out I will try to look into it for you later this week.

That would be amazing if there is anything i can do to help please ask.

Another thought i had would be to make the ql of the lump to increase the chance of producing a coin.

Having the ability to alter the variablea would be really helpful for balancing this. 

This would be a cool suggestion for some WU servers if it were setup like counterfeiting the currency on that server. Then enterprising players could setup shop and make their own currency to use there, which would have the same value is the legitimate one if undetected by other players. Use it to pay for any server services though like deed upkeep etc. and it would be rejected by the server mechanism as counterfeit. Perhaps the server owner would even take action against that player in some manner, even though this system is enabled by the server owner.

=Ayes=

Gosh I am so sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, real life has been .... anyway.

The difficulty issue, the way the crafting difficulty works is it takes the tool, material and skill all into account towards a total difficulty setting. There is no way to "require a 90ql anvil".

There is a bounties mod that gives you some coin for each kill. Would that fit the bill? 

Can you set the required skill level? If so at least 40 metalurgy.

The difficulty ahould be low on iron and be exponential for copper silver then gold.

Making gold require 99skill ql anvil and material to have even a 1% chance. Tbh its up to you.

@audrel  not whay im looking for the idea is to allow a resource with real value on a server and to evenly allow the creation and sink of money with out traders. Hunting is only 1 way plus it makes no sence to me unlike creating coins.

12 hours ago, JockII said:

im looking for the idea is to allow a resource with real value on a server and to evenly allow the creation and sink of money with out traders. Hunting is only 1 way plus it makes no sence to me unlike creating coins

Think about this. There are WO players who spend most of their time in game searching for ways to make money. Here you want to institute some way for players to create their own in game currency. I would think that those players addicted to the accumulation of wealth just for the sake of it will focus upon creating their own if this is enabled. No different really that those players in WU who will go out killing many mobs for the bounty coins which then they will have so much of that they have nothing to do with them.

Creating your own coins is just the other side of the same coin (thing) and no doubt will be pursued by some. Not really sure what then this would accomplish or how it would effect an in game WU economy which depending on the skill advancements and timers is ruled by those actions more than anything else.

=Ayes=

Jock example setting difficulty to 80, a 80ql anvil and an 80ql lump of silver with 60 metallurgy would give a 51% chance. I believe difficulty can be set to above 100, though have not tested yet. What I would probably do is make difficulty a property so users of the mod could adjust it to their liking.

Would probably have to finish it off with right click coin "stamp coin" or something like that to make it turn into a coin the game recognizes rather than the new craftable.

Another way to set the 'difficulty' could be it requires a huge amount of gold lump to create a single coin and whenever you fail you lose all the lump.

That way, with a 10% chance to create the coin, but say 10kg of lump per attempt, it'll take 1000 ores to make 1 coin on average. (100kg lump for a 1/10k rate would likely be better for a gold coin)

If it only takes a small amount of lump each attempt, even if you need 90ql anvil and 90 skill, as soon as someone hits that, they can just pump out coins for days, even at 1% chance.

This way, the number of veins in the world limits coin production dramatically.

On 04/08/2016 at 10:34 AM, Ayes said:

Think about this. There are WO players who spend most of their time in game searching for ways to make money. Here you want to institute some way for players to create their own in game currency. I would think that those players addicted to the accumulation of wealth just for the sake of it will focus upon creating their own if this is enabled. No different really that those players in WU who will go out killing many mobs for the bounty coins which then they will have so much of that they have nothing to do with them.

Creating your own coins is just the other side of the same coin (thing) and no doubt will be pursued by some. Not really sure what then this would accomplish or how it would effect an in game WU economy which depending on the skill advancements and timers is ruled by those actions more than anything else.

=Ayes=

I have a plan to make a pvp esk world where resources will be more scarce at controlled. With money also being created for the ore it would allow me to use this as a messure on deed control and if i make some mines " infinite" i can replace /make my own king of the hill map but in apecific places.

E.g. i want westeros and can place lots of iron on the iron islands ect. Multiply reason tbh.

On 04/08/2016 at 6:37 PM, Xyp said:

Jock example setting difficulty to 80, a 80ql anvil and an 80ql lump of silver with 60 metallurgy would give a 51% chance. I believe difficulty can be set to above 100, though have not tested yet. What I would probably do is make difficulty a property so users of the mod could adjust it to their liking.

I agree making the difficulty adjustable would be good and smart. Allows testing and changing during use.

Legend btw!

Working on this for you Jock, having an issue with people being able to use a different type of metal to craft than what is specified. Just wanted to update you that it is being looked at.

You sir are a legend! working like hell for the next few week but if i can do something to help just ask.

I got this working, its an amazing idea for some kind of servers.

Need to tweak difficulty etc.

3jymC29.pngRHaosFh.png05PrbDY.png

• Like 1

I hope to start a server soon, have alot more idea to get made. Plan to use this as a purpose for learning java.

Will you be releasing this publicly?

I hated the bounty mod and really want to remove traders entierly. So this is the solution i came up with.

Edited by JockII