Sign in to follow this  
MrGARY

Tie enchanted grass removal to village animal ratio

Simple suggestion to benefit those following "proper" practices.  If you have a good tile per creature ratio, enchanted grass is permanent like the old days.  If you have less than good, then same packing/remove/whatever chance as current.  I've mentioned this a few times pretty sure in other threads, but those threads die and wasn't the main focus anyway

1.  Promotes healthier gameplay habits where you can login to do the fun vs chores

2.  Saves having to login the enchantgrassasirage army of alts

3.  Gives further reason to develop a deed and expand

4.  I like this idea

5.  Better QoL gameplay

6.  This is a good idea

If too many Freedomers hate it for some reason then epic/pvp only plis

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Sila said:

just revert as it was before :D

What I would like to see - reverted back to the way it was before.

Face it, would be kinda funny if any other path skills 'randomly' failed.  

But it does suck that ON DEED you enchant grass and then a week later ( randomly ) the tile goes back to normal.

Get info ... sorry you fail to get any info on this creature try again in 15 hours, sucks to be you.

Clean Wound ... sorry you fail to clean this wound, hope you don't die from it.

Rage ... sorry you grunt and moan and growl like the hulk, but fail in raging and hit like a mouse.

Well you get the idea.

All other skills are permanent so don't see why the change was made.  If all else, make it so that ON DEED tiles never revert back to normal grass unless packed ( but Please don't make more likely that animals will pack it just to adjust and be fair )

( Edited to add the next sentence, gave my post a Whole different meaning lol )

Edited by Stormblade
  • Like 3

basically you're asking for a growth bonus based on all the grazing land in effect.  That would make for an interesting bonus in and of itself as each tile that has grass, would provide food for grazing animals.

I would add for the following idea that only branded animals are applied to this mechanic.  All other animals graze as normal

Tally up all the grazing grass on deed add growth rate X number of grass tiles.  Then subtract hunger of grazing branded animals.  The net results are applied to the deed.  to many animals and the deed starts going bare, to few and the grass starts growing wild not to exceed 1 growth stage per tile per tick.

Under this consideration, enchanted grass would always grow every growth stage separate from the above mechanic.

Edited by Tallios

Minus 1000 to fails and repetitive work. If you're into that sort of thing, dig up your grass and re-enchant it. If you're bored, I have some fences that need repairs and imping. I'll supply the bricks. If that wouldn't ruin your enjoyment.

6 hours ago, LorraineJ said:

Minus 1000 to fails and repetitive work. If you're into that sort of thing, dig up your grass and re-enchant it. If you're bored, I have some fences that need repairs and imping. I'll supply the bricks. If that wouldn't ruin your enjoyment.

Who are you talking to? It looks like you misunderstood everyone :huh:

• Like 2

As a Freedomer, I don't hate it. There's nothing I hate worse than blowing my daily enchant to have 2 more trampled before I can fix one.

On 6/15/2016 at 4:21 AM, SmeJack said:

Who are you talking to? It looks like you misunderstood everyone :huh:

Anyone who wants fails or trampling of magic grass. Does every single thing in this game have to be a boring chore? Sometimes I breed a pair of animals and the timer is close to 40 seconds. WHY? What went on in someone's head when they decided this was cool for software that's supposed to be an entertaining pastime? There are days when I'm re-grassing four tiles at a shot. I just want to enjoy myself. It's a game.

The suggestion is asking for less packed enchanted grass and the example of failing things was a hypothetical to support it :unsure:

bump like this last week has been at minimum 2-3 tiles reenchanted per day would be nice to login and check the breeders/stock without wanting to throw my soda cans out the window

bump save my villagers from my daily complaining

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MrGARY said:

bump save my villagers from my daily complaining

Daily Complaint!!!!

Fix this please. On Epic we need to foster pvp, getting people off deed. Not spending all there time enchanting grass and tending to all the little things Freedomers like.

Epic needs some Love in this area!

4 hours ago, Phoe said:

Daily Complaint!!!!

Fix this please. On Epic we need to foster pvp, getting people off deed. Not spending all there time enchanting grass and tending to all the little things Freedomers like.

Epic needs some Love in this area!

As a possible side to this, a stored food that could be produced from any grain crop, would be straw, a general food stuff that is store-able and ship-able.  For the feeding of livestock that doesn't rot away immediately.

Gave this a month to see how it is with the change to have lower pack rates.  It's better obviously, but it's still a weekly chore it seems, so bump

Enchanted grass getting PACKED is an easy fix.... 3x2 per pair (+ foal) makes even normal grass last forever.

Enchanted grass randomly getting UNENCHANTED.... man that's utter bulldroppings and needs to go.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mordraug said:

Enchanted grass getting PACKED is an easy fix.... 3x2 per pair (+ foal) makes even normal grass last forever.

IDK about that. Maybe it depends on the animal. I've had bigger pens with just a pair in there have tramplings and loss.

18 hours ago, Mordraug said:

Enchanted grass randomly getting UNENCHANTED.... man that's utter bulldroppings and needs to go.

that size is kinda ridiculous considering this is a capital deed keeping a stock for literally 3/4ths of a kingdom on the server, or more realistically

in its prime, elevation could see 10-30 horses dead in one fight, so...  even though we're far from prime, it's a good idea to keep the stock ready because you never know.  it takes too damn long to grow a stock otherwise

Hey I'm just sharing an observation... worked when I first moved to Xan and had NO enchanted grass.

2x2 per pair works too but you gotta move the foal out when born in a relatively short time to keep the grass intact.

On 7/28/2016 at 8:00 PM, LorraineJ said:

IDK about that. Maybe it depends on the animal. I've had bigger pens with just a pair in there have tramplings and loss.

Bigger gives them too much room to wander, causing packing in the med-long run.

Oh I didn't mean bigger than you mentioned. I have a lot of pens that are 1x2 or 1x3. They do get trampled, and also just revert. By bigger I meant 2x2 or 2x3. Also with tramplings and reversions. The "runners" do it the most, like deer or bison.