Sign in to follow this  
Zibens

Gloria Victis

So, i dunno if there is any posts about this.

But maybe some of you have it, and would you recommend?

Looks like cool PVP game, with somehow deep crafting same as Wurm has, and also allows to build castles and towns( what it seems ).

So what's the truth behind it all. Who has any expierence with it?

Cheers,

Zibens

I did buy it this weekend, but i was rather dissapointed. I made my char, spawned somewhere and had absolutely no clue about what to do. There was a tiny tutorial about fighting, but that's about it. I walked around, talked to merchant npcs and stuff but didn't get any hints. Sure thing, i could go walk around all day and fight weird mobs until i'm lvl100, but what is the exact point about that? And also, there was only one single EU-West server, so i had no chance to play without lags(on the EU-East servers). I like the idea of the game, but it needs some fiddleing by the devs.

Take your time with the decision.

You`d better wait for Of Kings And Men

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mormo said:

You`d better wait for Of Kings And Men

Indeed looks very intresting. Lets hope it doesn't turn out to have pay 2 win features.

Look at such games with eyes unclouded by hope.

Lest one suffers another Darkfall or Xsyon.

Darkfall, does that even come close to Xsyon?

Darkfall has been shut down 3 times now by the devs, if you include that other 'new old' one.

Xsyon is still.. the same old thing, no?

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 5:32 AM, Oreo said:

Darkfall, does that even come close to Xsyon?

Darkfall has been shut down 3 times now by the devs, if you include that other 'new old' one.

Xsyon is still.. the same old thing, no?

No idea, I lost interest in paying attention to Xsyon ages ago. Granted I'm not comparing the two as similar. Simply using them as two separate past incidents.

Three times eh? Ouch.

On 8/15/2016 at 11:38 AM, Klaa said:

Look at such games with eyes unclouded by hope.

Pretty much this.

See it for what it is today, not what it promises to be tomorrow.

Can't complain much about lack of a tutorial however and the 'whats the point grinding to 100', considering we played Wurm.

• Like 1

Heh, started played Wurm before the tutorial (such as it is) even existed or was even on the drawing board. Tbh have only created chars twice (both for Challenge, now that I think about it) since the tutorials started, and didn't bother exploring aside from some minor assistance with debugging. The current one is second or third version?

Majority of my chars existed prior to the tutorial, or were acquired. Little personal experience in regards to the tutorials in general, so cannot really comment on them.

Far as grinding to 100, personal preference in playstyle is to savor the taste and not inhale. Aside from determining the skill gain system, I try not to watch skill points. Its like watching water boil.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1