Sign in to follow this  
Cambriaa

Esteron Construction Notice

Hello!

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that things are changing for Esteron! If you happen to spawn or pass through, you'll notice its pretty empty and in the process of being built! After some fun with Enki (watching him blow things up, create lava to burn things and instantly terraform huge areas of land) we were finally set loose to get to work and build!

Here's a couple screenshots of Enki's prep work for us!

http://imgur.com/a/s9rk8

It was late in the evening when we were finally set to start working but several of us stayed up pretty darn late getting a start on everything with tons of great help to get started by Polojordan, Mykoal, Savronne, Dudeitsdamsel, Kunibert, Bunnii, Airisporo, Vocals, Beastwolf, Araninco and myself.

Come by and say hi if you are in the area! :)

Edited by Cambriaa
  • Like 7

I say construction is done, don't change a thing. I for one welcome our new Lava Fiend overlords.

• Like 3

Update:

The buildings are done! On the outside at least ^_^ We've had lots of hands on deck and its been a ton of fun! We are finishing some decorations and fixing the perimeter (so that its nicer for neighbors and not a death trap). A very special thanks to Davih and Luttuosa, who came to help and have donated many items to spruce up the place!

We hope to have everything done by the end of this weekend. :D

• Like 2

We found a special visitor that Enki has left in the Tailoring Building :P

muRBUj2.jpg

• Like 1

||Lol you made to much big changes, I liked the wild area around now there are to many main roads designs >.<

42 minutes ago, Tillka said:

||Lol you made to much big changes, I liked the wild area around now there are to many main roads designs >.<

I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm not sure what you mean by too many main road designs, as there are only 4 main roads, going  North, South, East and West.

The center of Esteron is paved so that its faster to walk around to and from each building, since they are all central. If it helps, we will be putting up small pointing signs indicating which direction the exits are pointing.

Behind the buildings are still grassy with plenty of trees. And of course outside the perimeter is still plenty wild.

• Like 2

I think the layout works well for new players, they start in a very easy to understand and easily accessible town. There's all types of different buildings for all of their crafting needs. The 'simple' layout will work well with helping to understand the basic game mechanics and to not overwhelm a brand new player to the game, while still having touches that any passer-by can still appreciate.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tillka said:

LOL, what would be the point of redesigning a starter deed, if it stays the same?..and four roads leading out North, East, South and West didn't seem to be too much for the many that voted for this redesign....

On 6/19/2016 at 8:31 PM, Cambriaa said:

We found a special visitor that Enki has left in the Tailoring Building :P

muRBUj2.jpg

I'm shocked Enki didn't let it out to say hello :P

From the dirt to the decorations, re-building a town that I started in with all of the people on this build, has been an absolutely amazing opportunity. Speaking for myself and everyone else I'm sure, this project was awesome! We had great times and late nights, but every one was worth it. The tireless nights are over, the memories made and to last for all of our time here, the fear of the secret forever banished below, the project complete. Speaking for everyone, we couldn't be more proud to present... The new Esteron!

ok6vAsv.jpg

AkpCELp.jpg

ho0Jcb9.jpg

INtLyxG.jpg

uAArmM5.jpg

tQJCTYF.jpg

• Like 7

Looks great on screens, and even better in "live", i just hope that everything there is protected from decay.

• Like 1

The new Esteron looks amazing and is a wonderful asset to the area now! I was so glad to be able to take part in this project and see it come together literally before our eyes in just a matter of days. It's probably the most fun I've had in Wurm since I've started playing (except for maybe my first Rift experience on Pristine the other day :) ). 

Thanks to all the team members who helped out as well as a few friends and locals who joined in as well! It was definitely a real community event.

• Like 2