Sign in to follow this  
DoctorAngus

Named Mobs

With the introduction to some nifty new loot with stats and disposability... I was thinking an addition of randomly spawning named mobs for solo fighting would be interesting.

Everquest did this alot. Ordinary models with a unique name like 'Gash the Troll Chief'  and would have a random item on it (most of the time something crappy).

*No, alert that they spawned or anything... just find them randomly while hunting, travelling, or exploring.

*It doesnt HAVE to drop loot everytime, but it could have a higher chance than normal mobs for rare coins too.

*It should be noticably harder than normal un-named mobs and give more fight skill when defeated.

*There is no need for extra work on models, just use normal models and change statistics.

*Adds an element of surprise when fighting and possibly a unique 'pet' to bring around.

-Doctorangus

• Like 5

I'm all for the bonus of difficulty, and random coolness.  Using the same models would help make it easier for Dev's to implement.  Then just a new loot table.

+1

I love it.

Maybe give them a few short lines of dialog? Maybe just something they say when they enter combat.

<Aged Wolf Deathclaw> "You'll pose no more challenge than those rabbits, DIE!"

• Like 1

Like this slot. Adds to the feeling of adventure when one finds something unexpected and unique.... +1