Sign in to follow this  
McGarnicle

And....We're Back! - Factional Fight Plays Wurm Online

If you missed it, we held our first live stream in a long while! There was a lot to catch up on and a lot to say, too much to cover in one episode. So instead of trying to cram in everything in today, we focused on a couple of our burning topics! In this episode, we discuss our experiences returning to the game and throw around some ideas on how this experience could be changed to improve player retention. We also discuss the new incoming rendering system that is currently on the unstable client!

We are glad to be back! Keep on Wurming!

• Like 16

Welcome back I have missed the videos for sure :) 

you know,there is a simple way for you coming back to not feel like a new player, do get premium. and about your deeds thing,they way the creators remember the work you did before its with decreased timers you get when you do the work and your skills raise.

With your bank expansion idea i think a new trader item that you can use to expand your bank by 5 or whatever and make them not usable on Chaos banks. (if it is a problem for pvp)  As far as the rest of the ideas I don't think there is much point to be honest I would rather just see new welcome back deals like the one we just had. Like during big events or with large updates. 

Welcome back you've been missed :)

Being a returning player after some time away can be upsetting. Your deed is gone, your animals are gone, all your equipment and materials vanished, maybe your friends stopped playing, then you can't move and get killed by a rat.

It would be nice if something made you feel you've been missed and Wurm is happy that you're back.

• Like 1

Heey guys!! Welcome back!! Glad to see you two,missed you.

Welcome back. 

Easing the returning player back into the game is something that could do with some thought. It is not only that the deed is gone, but if it was in a desirable area that somebody else has deeded the spot. So, having the skills that are needed to survive moving to a new location are important. So, at least on the face of it keeping your characteristics makes sense - keeping the skills to ride, sail, load/unload helps not only relocate but not get eaten by the mob they bump into. Maybe, if they are coming back as part of an incentive plan there should be a very basic survival pack, a beginner's tent if nothing else, when they first login.

Having a higher skill cap has been discussed many times over the years, but probably not in this context. I'm sure that some of the reasons for keeping the cap at 20 apply as much to the returning player. But, maybe there should be a gradual decrease to 20 - probably cap at to 50 for a period of time and then decrease slowly down to 20.

depressed without you guys, had to play other games,  and some WU,  loving both WO  and WU now but still, even if not weekly, once a month would be nice to tune in to a vid, maybe i 'll need to only watch one vid per 2-3 weeks so I don't miss it so much again. lol.  everyone needs breaks though.

Welcome back o/  ("About bridges and windows/doors beneath them, Is possible but a bridge need atleast 2 solid walls for the support")

Thanks for the warm welcome back! We hope to bring you lots more, so stay tuned.

1 hour ago, Purefy said:

Welcome back o/  ("About bridges and windows/doors beneath them, Is possible but a bridge need atleast 2 solid walls for the support")

Thanks for the tip. This will help us out greatly.

19 minutes ago, McGarnicle said:

Thanks for the warm welcome back! We hope to bring you lots more, so stay tuned.

Thanks for the tip. This will help us out greatly.

If you want another wall there besides the plain stone walls you can build a wooden wall then once the bridge is done you can bash it down and replace it with the stone wall you want. (I find it easier to make the wood walls over wasting my bricks/mortar on a temporary wall)

Edit: Well that works with the wooden bridges i dont think it will work with stone bridges. 

Edited by Kegan

Welcome back!! I saw in my email notifications that you went live on Twitch. I was very confused and exited that you are back!

Welcome back, I'm fairly new to the game. You're videos have helped me a lot. Looking forward to giving your videos thumbs up again. Thanks!

• Like 1

On 13/06/2016 at 3:54 AM, Explora said:

Being a returning player after some time away can be upsetting. Your deed is gone, your animals are gone, all your equipment and materials vanished, maybe your friends stopped playing, then you can't move and get killed by a rat.

It would be nice if something made you feel you've been missed and Wurm is happy that you're back.

That is Wurm's way of showing you that you were missed. You get a blank slate to do whatever you like with, and friendly critters with red outlines that just want to hug you. With their teeth.

• Like 2

guys still catching up on your vids... but i must say welcome back and just know your newbie editions were my bread and butter for learning the complexities of this game and they can be complex till one gets the hang of things.. you and my mentor i owe both of you my success with Wurming.. keep on those vids... and if you need any kind of help in game please pm me sometime even to say hello.. but i would glad to help the guys who've helped me soooo much it would be my honour..

Heyhey, so good to see you guys back.

Finally some quality entertainment again when i make bricks and mortar. :]

Should you still be on Xan and need some inspirations for a new plan, visit my cloud palace, because you totally should build a huge deed on a mountain top with lots of bridges and tunnels. Oh yeah.

Edit: As for the topic of returning and starting new (Or even just returning to the same project) after a lot of time has passed;

This is something i actually love about WO. The world is actually in motion and changes over time, not some pre-mapped static "scene".

For example i started again like half a year ago after about two years of absence, and the whole area infront of my place changed from a desert to a forest, that's just damn cool.

Edited by VentureCo

Awesome! Looking forward to more FF Brothers adventures :)

Legends :P
good luck with that. ;)

I was a newbie when you left, welcome back.
your bridge through building design looks a shade familiar to me

Spoiler

zGkylfx.jpg

fun isn't it.

16 minutes ago, Steveleeb said:

Legends :P
good luck with that. ;)

I was a newbie when you left, welcome back.
your bridge through building design looks a shade familiar to me

Reveal hidden contents

zGkylfx.jpg

fun isn't it.

Yeah, I love it. I like your design, that looks really cool. Maybe one day they will give us the ability to make ramps from within our house that allows for driving carts up.

I've already used up all of our mortar since the live stream, to @McGarnicle's chagrin.

Thanks everyone for the welcome back party.

• Like 2

Why don't you buy a sub for a whole year. It's 80euro, thats about 6,66 per month. It wont bother much if u dont play for 1 or 2 months once and a while...

• Like 1

Welcome back guys!

> None of you guys using a merchant as a storage place ?